The Daimyo's Gambit - Game Thread

load previous
Jun 24, 2015 4:57 am
"Let us go then. I am ready." Fēng gazes up at the trees. "If the forest canopy is not overly thick perhaps I can take to the air and scout a head."
Jun 24, 2015 10:05 am
After Urki is all healed up he waits for Ai Shan to take the lead and follows closely behind.

Urki begins a monologue not directed at anyone but those who will listen. "I think we went too easy on them, ya know I've been attacked by goblins before. Back in Dragonwick, about 30 miles north in the hills just before the dragonlands. We had a good load of meat and Dragon parts. We were also celebrating a little louder than usual, our team leader, Grendal, that night had brought a never ending flask filled with some southern wine... Well I never saw the leader or that flask again. He went for a piss on the edge of the road, we heard a yell, but no traces of him. After a few hours of searching we found goblins, hundreds. A few of them tried to flank us and we dispatched them and then left the rest of the hoard. Man would I like to find Grendal again."

Urki remains quiet after his sermon and becomes hyper alert looking for the goblins that fled early on. All the memories from his past are flooding to him.

"Is this regret?" he says silently to himself.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Jun 24, 2015 4:42 pm
Cassandra spits.

"Nah, we shouldn't 'ave been fightin' 'em in the first place. They was just some sh**y little mackerel escaping from a shark. Me, I want to skewer that shark and his undead selkie. Sounds like the forest's the way to go..."

Although she speaks boldly, her eyes flit over the group, looking for someone to lead her. They settle on Feng.
Jun 24, 2015 7:20 pm
Urki's eyes flit around looking for danger, goblins hiding just beyond his reach. All he see are the retreating forms of the goblins that you've left behind. Fēng moves to the front of the column to scout ahead but as you start to move again, you realize night is settling in. The sun sets behind you and the stars come out. The moon is a faint sliver in the sky and has been getting smaller for a couple weeks now. You're not sure whether to make camp or travel through the night, possibly attracting the attention of nocturnal denizens of the deep forest if indeed you will try to sneak through it to the mountain. Sleep will allow you a fresh start but a slow bushwhack will give you a head start.

First, you need to decide what your course of action is. Make camp vs travel now. Travel the road vs travel the forest. Or any other ideas that want to be thrown in the mix. We'll go from there once we know where there is.

Went back to check. It looks like most of you want to travel through the forest. The real question now is whether you are going to travel in the dark or not in which case it could be a skill challenge to avoid random encounters and to creep up on the guards. I mean, it'll be a skill challenge either way but the skills will be different in the dark.
Jun 25, 2015 12:42 am
Do we have any idea how much farther it would be to get to the place that the goblin suggested? If it is close, like an hour or two hike, then Kildrak will vote to camp for the night. If its far then he will agree to keep moving if the party agrees to doing some recon once we get close. Oh and he will grumbke the whole way about leaving the road for to trip over the blasted tree roots, but agree to keep to the woods
Jun 25, 2015 1:02 am
Quote:
Village up ahead, maybe one more day up road.
Jun 25, 2015 1:11 am
Friends, I know it isn't a good idea to continue and be underslept. I think we she go another hour or so and camp out. Just put some distance between us and these gobs.

Urki will tighten his weapon sheaths to himself and flip his dagger in his hands a few times.

Let's let Olladra guide us.
Last edited June 25, 2015 1:12 am
Jun 25, 2015 2:40 am
Ai Shan grunts assent and trudges on into the woods for another hour at the head of the column, keeping his eyes and ears open in the failing light.

Rolls

Perception (proficient) - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jun 25, 2015 3:33 am
I actually need a survival check from someone if you are going to travel into the forest. Kildrak, Cassandra, or Feng still have actions/input. I'll post again in about 16 hrs.
Jun 25, 2015 4:11 am
OOC: Will be unavailable for 24hrs. Will edit this post to something appropriate when I get back. Fēng is all for camping out.
Last edited June 25, 2015 4:22 am

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Jun 25, 2015 4:15 am
"That's as fine idea as any 'suppose. We bed down a'little ways no the way and then we sneak up on the compound under cover of night 'morrow."
Jun 25, 2015 4:26 am
Ai Shan whispers to himself in the hunting patois of his tribe

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Jun 25, 2015 2:15 pm
Cassandra pushes on with the party through the forest. She finds the solid land unusual, but she can see and hear the workings of water everywhere - every stream, every droplet of moisture on the leaves, every gouge left in the land by ancient river or glacier reminds her of her natural element, but also of how far she has strayed from the sea. She feels useless as a guide in this alien landscape, but keeps her senses open to danger on the one hand, and a defensible place to spend the night on the other.

Rolls

Wisdom (Perception) - (1d20+7)

(19) + 7 = 26

Jun 26, 2015 3:43 am
You push on through the night, the barbarian leading the way. After a few hours on high alert, watching small streams flow down the slight grade, scaring birds and boars out of your path, the forest begins to get the best of you all and you begin to get tired. As your eyes get heavy, you find a small clearing, moss hanging off of the maples, ferns growing from the ground. You discuss who will take first watch and whether it is sensible to light a fire.

http://i.imgur.com/mLRrEsW.jpg

Tomorrow will be a long climb through the forest and up the mountain lowlands. So as you set the watch, you all fall asleep after making what light conversation you will.

First to speak up can be first watch. Whoever posts next can be woken up by the previous person and so on. When you are on watch, roll perception. I will roll a few random night encounters and their times based on an eight hour long rest. Night gathers and now your watch begins.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jun 26, 2015 4:03 am
Alright guys. I'm feeling pretty good, I'll take first watch. I just need to rest my feet.

Urki sits down with his back to a stump. He looks around trying to discern what is around them. Hearing a bat fly in and out of the branches above and the hoot of an owl in the distance. Urki, pulls out his dragon fang necklace, kisses it and stuffs it back under his cloak.
Last edited June 26, 2015 4:04 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Jun 26, 2015 4:29 am
"Aye then. Wake me when you sleep," says Ai Shan, clapping Urki on the shoulder. Yawning, he furls out his bed roll and goes to sleep almost immediately.
Last edited June 26, 2015 4:30 am
Jun 26, 2015 4:52 am
Ai Shan, you are woken up after the first watch goes well. Nothing creeps out of the darkness.

Roll perception.
Jun 26, 2015 5:22 am
Ai Shan creeps around the camp outside the firelight, his senses alive with the sounds and smells of this strange inland hunting ground. He picks his way about, crouched, a javelin in one hand, his sabre in his offhand, the cold steel rubbed with grime.

Rolls

Perception (proficient) - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Stealth (proficient) - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Jun 26, 2015 6:17 am
The sounds of the forest here are not what you are used to back home. Your step is out of sync as you try to blend as one with the symphony of the trees and bugs at night. As you crouch, hiding, watching for danger, danger finds it's way around you. You don't even know something is wrong until the first blows rain down upon you. Two clubs fall in the darkness from behind you and strike at the same time as you hear a draconic incantation, "Drazz fo ruun!" A small ball of flame appears and illuminates the scene. Two lizardfolk are attacking you, one more each for your sleeping comrades, all holding rock axes and spiked shields made from boar tusks lashed to turtle shells. One that wears furs, animal teeth, and holds a flame in his hands looks at you with an inscrutable face as the blows begin to rain down on you and your team. It seems whatever his lucky teeth are, they were more lucky than your shark.

6 Lizardfolk and a Lizardfolk Shaman have crept up on you in the night. The Lizardfold attack with their Multiattack, each striking with club and shield. The Shaman uses Produce Flame to illuminate the scene and guide his attackers. All attacks have advantage. The first attack against sleeping targets that hits is a critical hit but will wake target up. Sorry for so many rolls.

Rolls

Lizardfolk 1 against Ai Shan (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Lizardfolk 1 against Ai Shan (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Lizardfolk 1 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk 1 against Ai Shan (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Lizardfolk 1 against Ai Shan (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Lizardfolk 1 Spiked Shield Damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk 2 against Ai Shan (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Lizardfolk 2 against Ai Shan (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Lizardfolk 2 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk 2 against Ai Shan (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Lizardfolk 2 against Ai Shan (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Lizardfolk 2 Spiked Shield Damage - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Lizardfolk 3 against Kildrak (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Lizardfolk 3 against Kildrak (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Lizardfolk 3 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Lizardfolk 3 against Kildrak (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Lizardfolk 3 against Kildrak (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Lizardfolk 3 Spiked Shield Damage - (1d6+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Lizardfolk 4 against Cassandra (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Lizardfolk 4 against Cassandra (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Lizardfolk 4 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Lizardfolk 4 against Cassandra (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Lizardfolk 4 against Cassandra (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Lizardfolk 4 Spiked Shield Damage - (1d6+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Lizardfolk 5 against Urki (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Lizardfolk 5 against Urki (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Lizardfolk 5 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk 5 against Urki (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Lizardfolk 5 against Urki (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Lizardfolk 5 Spiked Shield Damage - (1d6+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Lizardfolk 6 against Fēng (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Lizardfolk 6 against Fēng (Rock Axe, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Lizardfolk 6 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Lizardfolk 6 against Fēng (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Lizardfolk 6 against Fēng (Spiked Shield, Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Lizardfolk 6 Spiked Shield Damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk 1 Rock Axe Crit Damage (1 extra damage die) - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Lizardfolk 3 Rock Axe Crit Damage (1 extra damage die) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Lizardfolk 4 Rock Axe Crit Damage (1 extra damage die) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Lizardfolk 6 Rock Axe Crit Damage (1 extra damage die) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jun 26, 2015 6:30 am
Lizardfolk 1 hits with his rock axe and crits with his shield against Ai Shan for 15 damage from two attacks while the second lizardfold misses completely.
Lizardfolk 3 crits with his rock axe and hits with his shield against Kildrak for 13 damage from two attacks.
Lizardfolk 4 crits with his rock axe and hits with his shield against Cassandra for 13 damage from two attacks.
Lizardfolk 5 couldn’t hit the broadside of an elephant and misses the sleeping gnome. Urki still wakes from the commotion.
Lizardfolk 6 4 crits with his rock axe against Fēng for 7 damage from one attack.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.