Easthaven

load previous
Dec 2, 2017 6:39 pm
"Of course Guardian we would be honored to hear it from one such as you" Tulfgyr says respectfully
Dec 2, 2017 7:18 pm
OOC:
Check out the story of Jerrod's Stone in the new Lore thread I've made. For unlocking an interesting bit of lore, everybody gains 300 XP! 1,590? Nope, make that 1,830.
Dec 2, 2017 7:24 pm
Finishing his story, Everard turns to Tulfgyr and Ug, asking, "What message do you understand from the story of Jerrod's Stone?"
Dec 2, 2017 8:44 pm
"It is better to die for your people as jarrod had done than live for yourself like akaron in a lifetime of shame and cowardice" Tulfgyr replies after a minute of contemplation and reflection. before turning to ug to hear his wisdom.
Dec 2, 2017 9:11 pm
Macerick desprately tries to concentrate as the goliath makes a commotion

Rolls

concentration saving throw (con) - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Dec 2, 2017 9:13 pm
OOC:
use inspiration to re-roll

Rolls

one more time! - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Dec 2, 2017 9:26 pm
the Svirfneblin despite the excessive man handling manages to keep just enough concentration to the task at hand that his spell goes uninterrupted
Dec 2, 2017 9:27 pm
Maverick having successfully finished his spell, the bat familiar poofs into existence and flaps around for a moment before settling upside-down from the gnome's beard."Greetings, master. You survived the winter wolf. So glad to have helped."
Dec 3, 2017 12:57 am
Not liking the term coward, Ug decides to let Ponab be, for now . . . He nods once more in respect to Everard,"Thank you warrior for your story, Ug will remember this thing, maybe if choose faith, may be Tempus."
Dec 3, 2017 12:59 am
Feeling worn out from his experiences today and his revelry the previous night, Ug heads out of the temple and trudges back through the snow looking for inn to get some rest.
Dec 3, 2017 1:36 am
Everard frowns in frustration. "No, you misunderstand. Jerrod had no need to sacrifice himself. Tempus's appearance was a test of faith, proof Jerrod's people had already won the field that day. Jerrod failed his god and died a coward's death." He utters the last judgment with disdain.

He raises his voice, impassioned with indignant wrath. "One dies for Tempus with a BLADE in one's hand, not by martyring oneself within the embrace of infernal magics! Jerrod's DUTY was to stand with his comrades, not cast himself to his death when the field was already theirs!"

Everard stares at Father Tulfgyr with fervent anger in his eyes. "You speak of sacrifice? Let me say this of 'sacrifice.'" He limps forward. "Sacrifice is a death that has meaning. When it is in vain, it is not sacrifice. It is a waste. That is the lesson of Jerrod's Stone."
Dec 3, 2017 2:59 am
I thought you said that wonton bloodshed woild never please mighty Tempus. Jarrod's sacrifice saved the lives of his men by stopping the infernal legions from materializing in this plane. Do you think the forces of the nine hells would engage in honourable combat? Father Tulfgyr spits back.
Dec 3, 2017 3:22 am
Everard grits his teeth and clenches his fists. "You know not of what you speak, priest. I would show you the proof myself, were it not my duty to do otherwise. This very door has been warded that none may enter, but below is the corpse of the coward encased forever in stone as punishment for his lack of faith. His soul will never dwell in the blessed place prepared for the worthy. But perhaps by his example the rest of us might choose more wisely." He stalks away, one leg dragging slightly, but glares meaningfully at Father Tulfgyr with his last words.
Dec 3, 2017 4:07 am
"maybe when you curb your pride Tempus will finally heal your leg." Father tulfgyr says before leaving for the inn
Dec 3, 2017 4:12 am
The sun drops below the horizon, and twilight is upon Easthaven. Most of the townsfolk have their doors barred even more against the wind and the night's chill.
Dec 3, 2017 4:17 am
Father Tulfgyr has dreams about Snapplegobs and the Direhar
Dec 3, 2017 8:54 pm
seeing the setting sun Maverick heads out to the lake in order to find what may be tormenting the poor sir Jhonen. Maveric sets our with his familliar giving the creature some instruction "hey you gotta keep your eyes and ears open for me theres something going on woth the lake". Making it to the shore the Svirfneblin stealths and waits, watching to see if this great mystery which had peaked his interest could be solved.

Rolls

stealth roll (dex) - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Dec 3, 2017 8:59 pm
Ug dreams of feasts, mother, and Ponab being turned into troll dung
Last edited December 3, 2017 9:01 pm
Dec 4, 2017 3:48 am
The moon shines brightly, though there are occasional clouds that darken the outskirts of Easthaven. Maverick finds cover in some reeds near the waters of Lac Dinneshere. For a long while nothing happens, and Maverick sees nothing but the lapping waves, hears nothing but the freezing night wind.

Sometime around midnight, however, there is some commotion on the water. There is a very dim glow of light, just faintly outlining the silhouette of a person walking on top of the water's surface, accompanied by the soft singing of a female voice. The figure seems to be heading towards the northeast shore of the lake, just outside of the town.

Both the dim glow and the singing are noticeable by anyone keeping watch from the Snowdrift Inn.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.