5th Section Barracks

load previous
Feb 5, 2018 11:41 am
Looks like? Are you sure? I don't want to accidentally kill you... Anyway... Let's test this! She closes her eyes for a second, firmly believing the illusion of herself can do everything she can and then imagines Dev2 shoots a fire bolt against the wall about two meters left of Leo2. She opens one eye to see if it worked, grinning widely when she sees the remains of a small burn disappear on the spot she wanted to hit. Leothorn, darling, I don't know where you got this but I need one, for reasons...
Feb 6, 2018 6:01 am
Leo2 claps loudly, saluting Dev2's success!

"Okay, let's test our skills!"

Leothorn activates the device and a booming voice calls out "WELCOME TO THE HEXAGON!"

Our illusionary selves expand to life size, filling the cabin with our illusionary likenesses. An emotionally powerful and beautiful battle hymn fills the Thopter.
[ +- ] Epic Song *
We find ourselves 30 feet apart, 15 feet from the center of the 50-foot wide circular arena. Leothorn hefts his shield, Dustcover, and puts it between him and Devochka. He draws his wavy blue dagger and raises it high in the air in challenge.

"Behold: Papercut!"

"Best of luck Devochka!"
OOC:
Good luck ae_dd! In the world of Hexagon we do not use up our real life resources but in any given battle we are limited to the number of resources we would normally have. Let's roll initiative and begin!

* from the album Pokemon X · Copyright: Writer(s): Tamara Loeffler, John Siegler
Last edited February 6, 2018 7:07 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Feb 6, 2018 6:26 pm
Dev2 takes a relaxed stance, turning her wrists, causing them tho crack and taking a deep breath, ready to strike.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Feb 6, 2018 7:03 pm
Leo2 rolls forward spectacularly, limbs flailing and cloak billowing, calling out a warcry in high celestial:

"Ipsa scientia potestas est!"
Knowledge itself is power!

Papercut extends with utmost dangerocity from behind Dustcover, his shield!

"Quaero!"
Poke!
Last edited February 6, 2018 7:30 pm

Rolls

Attack with Papercut (piercing) - (1d20+5, 1d4+3)

1d20+5 : (13) + 5 = 18

1d4+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Feb 6, 2018 8:40 pm
Dev2 staggers a step back, surprised by the little man's attack. Her eyes burn with fury as she moves her hands together, like she's holding a ball.
Confusio is all she says and it seems something explodes in her hands, forcing them apart to reveal a swirling ball of chaos she then shoves in Leo2's direction with both hands.

Casting Chaos Bolt as a first level spell.
1st 1/2
1/7 HP | 11 AC | Inspiration 0 | Hellish Resistance | Tides of Chaos 1

Unable to control the chaotic matter the blast goes straight past Leo2, hitting the floor behind him. A ball of fire bounces back, hitting Dev2 in the face, knocking her straight back, eyes closed.

Game over.

Leo2 1 | 0 Dev2
Last edited February 6, 2018 8:48 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Damage (+type determination) - (2d8+1, 1d6)

2d8+1 : (33) + 1 = 7

1d6 : (2) = 2

Feb 6, 2018 11:27 pm
Leo2 slow walks away from the explosion like a boss!
[ +- ] KABOOM
After, Leothorn pulls off his helmet and opens up the Hexagon.

"Hmm, the fate-weaving magic seems to be a bit unstable still. I don't think that was a fair contest!"

"Does anyone else want to try it?"
OOC:
OMG! ae_dd that was some horrible rolls! TWO NATCH ONES IN A ROW! But I love the picture you painted with it! I laughed so hard!!!!! You really snagged the opportunity to turn a one into fun :)

Again, Mardav feel free to end our shenanigans whenever you're ready.
Last edited February 6, 2018 11:28 pm
Feb 7, 2018 12:41 am
Chastity watches the gameplay between his sister and the gnome with a bemused smirk plastered across his face.
Feb 7, 2018 2:52 pm
Devochka pulls of her helmet as well, shame on her face. Her eyes are on the ground as she thinks over what just happened. I'm sorry. That sometimes happens when I get a little overexcited. There's just so much energy inside and controlling that isn't always easy... I'm glad it happened in there and not out in the real world, that would've sucked!
OOC:
I know right? First I was like "wow, glad I rolled a 1 when it doesn't really matter much." And now I hope all of them are gone so it doesn't happen again:-o!
Feb 7, 2018 3:23 pm
OOC:
So did we all see the display? Or is it in your guys' minds? Or both?
Kade stands to take the helmet. I'll give it a go.
OOC:
Also, to add to Kade's image, I'm giving him a beard. Imagine the avatar with like a fine hairlike green algae in the form of a short trimmed beard.
Last edited February 7, 2018 3:24 pm
Feb 7, 2018 4:05 pm
Sounds good Kade, I think I may see how you do! I've got some things I'd like to try! Chastity says, tossing one of the helmets on. An illusory Chastity stands in the circular room, looking down at his hands.
OOC:
I assumed it was visible to all of us.
lenpelletier says:
As everyone watches, he places one of the four helmets on his head. The box suddenly creates a lovely illusion of Leothorn floating above it, rendered in luminous shades of blue. He is standing in a plain circular room with a diameter of 50 feet.

Rolls

Init? - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Feb 7, 2018 5:07 pm
Kade places a helmet on his head gingerly. As a perfect image of himself is projected in the room with Chastity. Well this is interesting. He says smiling.

Rolls

Roll that beautiful init footage. - (1D20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Feb 7, 2018 5:17 pm
Kades expression turns serious as he concentrates attempting to be the first to get a hit off. Standing in place he lifts a single hand palm towards Chastity muttering an incantation, stringing incoherent words together, the undulation familiar to those who have spent time on a beach listening to the waves. As he speaks the air around Chastity begins to chill to the bone, his breath in a clear fog.
OOC:
Casting frostbite. Need a con save. Disadvantage on next attack and damage for a fail.

Rolls

Damage if con save failed - (1D6)

(6) = 6

Feb 7, 2018 5:31 pm
Chastity shivers slightly as the rime swirls around him. Brrr Kade. Thankfully my blood runs just a bit hotter than that! he quips, sliding the heirloom pistol out of his waistband. Let's see how you enjoy some focused magic of my own design! Pointing the barrel of the arcanopistol at the other figure, a swirl of magical energy forms in the barrel before streaking out in a beam.
OOC:
Con save first. EDIT: assuming a 19 succeeds.
Casting eldritch blast through my Arcanopistol focus!
1st 1/1
9/9 HP | 13 AC | Insp. 0
Last edited February 7, 2018 5:35 pm

Rolls

Con Save - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+5, 1d10+1)

1d20+5 : (19) + 5 = 24

1d10+1 : (7) + 1 = 8

Feb 7, 2018 5:44 pm
OOC:
Hah, yea, 19 passes. Should've added that.
Kades eyes go wide as he realizes he had made a tragic mistake in being confident that he would hit first, just as the blast smashes into his chest sending him flying backward into the air. However, just as his illusionary body is about to hit the ground of the arena it vanishes, and the actual Kade is sent several steps backward before falling onto his behind coughing. Panting he frantically pats at his chest before calming just a tad.
Seems they did work out that kink or whatever it was you said, but it still hurts like hell.
He gets to his feet taking his seat again rubbing his chest. Kudos Chas. Continuing to rub his chest under strained breath.
Last edited February 7, 2018 5:45 pm
Feb 9, 2018 2:49 pm
Chastity smiles and offers a hand to Kade, looking to shake on the contest. That frost may have worked on someone less hot-blooded. By Gond, I could feel my joints starting to seize up! he says with a lopsided smile.
Feb 9, 2018 3:14 pm
Kade takes the offered hand before sitting down. Taking off the helmet Maybe next time He says coughing.
Feb 9, 2018 4:17 pm
"The Hexagon also comes with these!"

Leothorn opens up a small leather case with many grey cartridges in it. He turns it to one side and blows strongly into the cartridge, puffing out a small dust cloud. It says "Owlbear" on the front.

"We can insert these into the Hexagon and fight illusionary monsters as a team!"
Feb 9, 2018 4:32 pm
Chastity perks up as Leothorn mentions other creatures. That would be a great tool to maybe learn some of our combat strengths and weaknesses before we ever touch down in a hostile place Leo! Is it just normal creatures, or do you have other - stranger - things we could battle? How many cartridges can be plugged in at once? he says, feeling himself whip up into excitement.
Feb 9, 2018 9:05 pm
That does sound much more my speed. I'd rather not fight against any of you.
Feb 10, 2018 3:50 am
I’m not much of a combatant, but I’d be willing to try in a group. I chime in.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.