GM Mentoring Project

load previous
Jan 8, 2020 5:19 pm
I am interesting in following along if I may?
Jan 8, 2020 6:12 pm
@jackwolfking
SWADE just came out 2019 I believe. Let me know if you wanted a one shot with meta filter off.
Jan 8, 2020 6:48 pm
Just a note: All of my games are open to the public for viewing purposes. Feel free to follow along and ask any questions that you may have!

Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Kingmaker Solo Game
Into the Borderlands
Jan 8, 2020 8:19 pm
okay I have sent 2 invites and 2 other players just simply joined either method works
Jan 8, 2020 8:37 pm
How does one find games that are open to the public if you weren’t invited?

I can access all three links posted by WhKnt, but I can’t find them back from the general Forum page, and I wonder how to find other ones.
Jan 8, 2020 8:46 pm
There's not a great way to view public games. There's a thread for them here but I imagine it's wildly incomplete.

Here are links to my current public games, fwiw:
Blackwater Creek, Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition
Operation BRILLIANT REPOSE, Delta Green: The Roleplaying Game
Operation MOONLIGHT SERENADE, DG:TRPG
Our Friends, the Machines, Tales from the Loop
Jan 8, 2020 8:47 pm
You can't really find them. There's a forum thread that links to public games but there's no way to search for then
Jan 9, 2020 4:43 pm
Remnant says:
@jackwolfking
SWADE just came out 2019 I believe. Let me know if you wanted a one shot with meta filter off.
Yes. SWADE was released in 2019. Fun system! :)
Jan 16, 2020 1:46 am
In case anyone missed it -- something started over here for putting together quality notes on quality GMing
Last edited January 16, 2020 1:47 am
Jan 21, 2020 3:29 am
Hi, folks! Apologies for my absence.

@Koszul and @Jackwolfking, I have added your requests to the list of Learners Seeking Mentors original post.

@DeJoker, I have added Storytelling 101 to the list of Ongoing GM Mentoring Games (and I have applied to join).

Thank you for the participation, everyone! See you on the Discord channel as well!
Jan 21, 2020 7:17 am
Okay had trouble with your request to join -- PM'd you and then just invited you as that seemed to be the most expedient method
Feb 28, 2020 8:24 am
https://www.enworld.org/attachments/greyhawk-jpg.118396/

Fun read: James Ward reminiscing about adventuring with Gary Gygax DMing. https://www.enworld.org/threads/gary-gygax-things.669413/
Apr 15, 2020 3:10 pm
I've been trying my hand at using Google slides for encounter map building. @lenpelletier shared these two helpful links for making map tokens! Added to my original post.

Token Stamp - online tool for creating map tokens.
TokenTool - an offline option for creating map tokens.
Jul 5, 2021 1:56 am
I just wanted to point out that the majority of my games are open (that is, the public can follow along) and lurkers are welcome. If you have any questions about how or why I did something, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Into the Borderlands (D&D 5e)
AD&D Mega Campaign (AD&D 1e)
Life's a Beach (Dungeon Crawl Classics)
Fade to Black (Traveller)
In Search of Adventure (D&D B/X)
Last edited July 5, 2021 2:03 am
Jul 5, 2021 2:42 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Any GMs out there want to share their best practices for keeping their players engaged while the GM is either tied up IRL or struggling with writer's block? Obviously, you post something in OOC. But soon it's been a few days, but you're still indisposed and they're still waiting on you. You could post another OOC apology, but I'm sure you guys can suggest better alternatives.
Kind of depends on where you are in the game. Clear OOC communication is always welcome, but I would also say if you're not right in the middle of something, let the players author some scenes. Together, solo, etc. Day in the life type stuff, connections they've been wanting to make, etc.

If you're right in the middle of things, flashbacks can work too -- give the PCs latitude to recall when they last saw these kinds of circumstances, etc... but not everyone digs that kind of thing, I suppose.
Jul 5, 2021 2:43 am
And well, I just noticed I've responded to something ancient. Tripped up by the 'latest post' being one I hadn't read from ages ago.

Ignore me!
Jul 5, 2021 3:17 am
I would be willing to help people with a PbtA system game, if you are still looking for volunteers. Probably focusing on something like Masks or Monster of the Week, since those are really popular examples of the system in PbP. I'm new to this site, but I have a lot of experience with PbtA in PbP other places.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.