Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

load previous
Aug 19, 2015 3:49 pm
When you get to the airlock you can see the door is locked on the outer side. There is a small panel with a numerical pad and a few other buttons - including a commlink Through the tiny window you can see everything looks normal inside the airlock itself. The door to the other side is closed, as you would expect.
Aug 19, 2015 3:51 pm
The outer hatch is locked. Hotwire gets to work bypassing the locking mechanism.

Once he manages to bypass the lock he activates his helmet's HUD and opens the inner hatch of the airlock. He has a quick peek into L36 before stepping aside to let Saru go first.
OOC:
-Not sure if Technician applies to this Open Lock roll. If it does (and if it matters) then that's an additional +3 to the CTN and I successfully crack the lock. Otherwise, no.
-Scanning the interior with whatever scanners are already installed on my HUD STA
Last edited August 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Rolls

Search (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Open Lock: MND (8) + DX (1) + Engineer II (2) = CTN (11) - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm
Saru steps out of the ship walking slowly like a hunter looking for prey and nods to S'skaar's instructions. "Do your magic, Hotwire"
Aug 19, 2015 4:49 pm
"Need help with that airlock Hotwire?"
Aug 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Kalerik is always the last one out of the ship and the furthest behind the group. If combat starts he wants to be able to slip into the darkness so he can get a better vantage point. The first thing he would do is see what the artificial gravity is like in L36, hoping beyond hope it is deactiviated.
He will also get his equipment together while Hotwire is working on the lock.
Last edited August 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Aug 19, 2015 5:35 pm
Hotwire fiddles with the control panel, exposing a few wires and very soon the airlock door swishes open.

"PLEASE ENTER THE AIRLOCK" a calm, female computer generated voice requests.
Aug 19, 2015 10:49 pm
"You heard the lady boys. Saru, after you..."
Aug 20, 2015 3:15 am
The interior of the airlock is very neat and clean. All surfaces are stark white. A button on the other door blinks red. You've gone through enough airlocks to know that the expectation is your enter and seal the door leading to your ship, and then the button should turn green and you can open the door into the station.
Aug 20, 2015 5:13 am
OOC: Is there a window on the inner door? If yes, Hotwire activates his HUD visor and peers throug without opening the door. Search roll is in my previous post.
Aug 20, 2015 11:41 am
Hotwire looks into the station.

View out of the airlock portal

The halls is white and clean. He sees a door ahead of him. It has an icon on it of a space suit helmet. It appears the S shaped corridor goes left and right out of his field of vision.
Aug 20, 2015 12:27 pm
OOC: Any indication if atmosphere & artificial gravity are in place inside L36?
Aug 20, 2015 12:33 pm
The airlock panel icons show atmosphere and gravity are green (good)
Aug 20, 2015 12:37 pm
Hotwire pauses and waits for a thumbs-up "good to go" signal from each crew member before finally opening the door to L36. He steps aside for Saru and S'skaar to lead them into the hallway. Hotwire and Kalerik bring up the rear, the engineer making constant scan sweeps with his HUD visor.
Aug 20, 2015 12:48 pm
The airlock shuts on the Ronin side and there is a hiss as the pressure regulates to that of the station's. The door opens. "WELCOME TO RESEARCH FACILITY L36" says the calm, female voice you heard earlier.

Looking right, you see a door. There is a computer icon emblazoned on it. To the left the passage snakes around and continues onward.

Updated map
Aug 20, 2015 3:02 pm
"Hmm, a computer icon on the door... Hey guys, you think this could be the computer room? How fortunate. Perhaps I could log on those computers and check them to see what happened in here..."
Aug 20, 2015 3:22 pm
"Wouldn't that be convenient? Should I go ahead to see if there are any potential... problems. Not to point out anything, techy, but I've met drunken Borgoz who were quieter then you".
Aug 20, 2015 4:36 pm
S'skaar simply rolls his eyes at the Humavari's barbs and goes to open the "computer room's" doors...
Aug 20, 2015 4:48 pm
The doors open with a 'swish' and you see a large room that must be the command center for the station. The center of the room features computer stations. There are two other doors out of this room. One to your left and one in the wall beyond.

Updated map

Rolls

Something - (1d20)

Aug 20, 2015 5:15 pm
S'skaar will take a seat and work his magic, looking through the computer's database to find all he can about the station and what might have happened... Since the communications stopped about 2 weeks ago, he's going to try and find out information for the past month just to be sure. Diaries entires, security camera footage, communication logs, scientific reports, etc. Anything that can be of use...

Rolls

S'skaar's Data Reserach check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker, CTN 16) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, CTN 17) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Aug 20, 2015 5:44 pm
First, he tries to hack the firewall

He finds that the research facility's firewall has been heavily encrypted, making it more difficult than he expected

"(You may try again, at a -2 penalty, and roll the Firewall of the system as a contested roll to your own. CTN 20.)

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

load next

Thread locked