Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Jul 30, 2019 1:16 am
Skriz continues inspecting the fungus and feels a near-overwhelming urge to consume the fungus. He manages to fight it off and continues inspecting, eventually coming to the conclusion that it's magical in nature and nothing he's ever seen it before.
Jul 31, 2019 10:36 am
Viktor moves to the table and picks up the letter, reading and eyeing Iesha from time to time. As he goes on he seems to become more and more disturbed by the contents. Finally, he places the letter calmly on the table and stares the others. This is... Something is happening. This isn't some stray family feud and a ghoulish curse. He paces a couple of nervous steps before continuing. We must bring to the authorities. And I fear we must also make haste to Magnimar.
OOC:
Breadth of Experience:
You get a +2 bonus on all Knowledge and Profession skill checks, and can make checks with those skills untrained.

Rolls

Local: who are the "Brothers"? - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

History: who are the "Brothers"? - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Nobility: who are the "Brothers"? - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Local: who is "Xanesha"? - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

History: who is "Xanesha"? - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Nobility: who is "Xanesha"? - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Aug 6, 2019 12:34 am
Even with all of his knowledge, the Brothers and Xanesha are unknown to Viktor.
Aug 9, 2019 4:43 pm
I turn to Iesha and ask her Do you know anything of Alderns goings? Does anything from this letter sound familiar? Careful not to get too close, I show her the letter.
Last edited August 9, 2019 4:44 pm

Rolls

diplomacy - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Aug 11, 2019 9:42 pm
Iesha shakes her head, "I knew nothing of these dealings," she says, sounding exhausted, "A good place to start might be our townhouse in Magnimar. If he had dealings with these people, then he may have left some sort of clues there."
Aug 12, 2019 12:59 am
Pondering the letter and the pale woman's words, Viktor speaks carefully. Yes, the letter hinted as much. With shifty eyes, he asks the question he fears the answer to. What now? Where do you belong? In this world, I mean.
Aug 13, 2019 11:22 am
Urthask's grip tightens on his sword hilt as he awaits Iesha's response to Viktor's question.
Aug 13, 2019 6:17 pm
Gongar seeing the tension around the group does the same but hopes Iesha can come to grips with herself and the fact that her reason for remaining in this plane as undead.
Aug 13, 2019 8:30 pm
"I don't think I belong anywhere," Iesha says sadly, "Now that Aldern is dead, I think I can finally rest. When you leave, put this place to the torch and hopefully the evil in this place will burn along with Aldern and I."
Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm
To the torch, you say. Hetris says with a grin, pulling her hood back to let her flowing hair free. I could stand to burn something.
Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Looking to Hetris You do seem particularly suited for that purpose. This place has been too steeped in evil to let it remain intact. turning to Iesha, I hope you find peace in the cleansing fires, would you prefer a swifter exit from this plane? He makes an offering gesture with his warhammer if she would prefer that to being consumed by the fires.
Aug 14, 2019 7:01 pm
Go in grace, Viktor says hesitantly to the woman, before turning his attention to Alderns remains to see if he still has a key to this townhouse that Iesha mentioned.
Last edited August 14, 2019 7:01 pm
Aug 15, 2019 12:26 am
Iesha looks at the warhammer and shakes her head, "Thank you for the offer, but a fire is more to my liking."

Viktor finds a set of keys under the table. They must have been knocked off in the struggle.
Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am
Viktor lifts up the keys for all to see before pocketing them and making his way back to the door. Before stepping through, he gives Iesha a look that begs forgiveness for something.
OOC:
Viktor goes upstairs to prepare the fire and get away from this existentialist crisis.
Last edited August 15, 2019 10:43 am
Aug 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Urthask sheathes his sword and murmurs a prayer for Iesha in the tongue of his people. He waits for everyone else to leave, then departs the room last.
Aug 15, 2019 2:59 pm
I understand completely. Gongar stows his hammers settles his gear and with a final nod to Iesha exits the house to let Hetris do her work.
Aug 17, 2019 1:34 pm
Hearing Iesha's request to cleanse everything with fire, Skriz gestures at the desk and fungus in the foreboding cave and says, "Shall I start a fire here as well?"
Aug 18, 2019 12:57 am
Burn 'em if you've got 'em Skriz. Hetris says as she looks for a nicely dry area to ignite her burning hands.
Aug 26, 2019 1:23 pm
Gongar stands next to the rest of his companions watching as the manor house is completely consumed in flames. Lets get a move on, we have a townhouse in Magnimar to look over.
Aug 26, 2019 1:37 pm
What a strange place, Viktor mumbles idly. Yes, my friend. We should make probably haste, too.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.