Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Aug 30, 2015 8:10 pm
I duck as I follow the elf through the tunnel. There's no use trying to save my robes now. They're already caked with blood. What difference does it make if I get dirt and dust on them now? As I move I attempt to look past the elf down the tunnel in the hopes of learning where we are headed. To the surface? Another secret door, perhaps?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Aug 30, 2015 8:19 pm
Falling in line with the others, Ütés, will keep an eye behind, just to make sure nothing is following them.

Rolls

Perception [+4] - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Aug 30, 2015 8:27 pm
Crolwell waddles beside the Elf, his bare feet slapping against the floor. *pat* *pat* *pat*. He clutches his Fluba tightly as he ventures down the tunnel. He studies the face of the Elf and Xadira, trying to remind himself if he recognizes these people from anytime before today (not that he is paying too much attention to everyone).

Rolls

History - (1d20-2)

(1) - 2 = -1

Aug 30, 2015 9:32 pm
Xadria:
Looking past the elf you are the first to see that the earthen tunnel seems to open up just ahead into what looks like a very large open cave chamber. It looks as though this tunnel cut into a much larger cave system that must run partially under this town. You also notice, as the elf glances back every once in a while to check on you, that he has a small hole in the front of his black robe near his chest.

Ütés:
After a few minutes of coming down this tunnel you are quite sure you are not being followed. You do notice, here and there, small compartments dug into the side of this wall. Most have small mundane items. Compass, torches, rope, backpack. It seems as though this was a tunnel made for a quick exit if one was needed. You have a feeling the owner of the tavern never got the chance to use it. You do also find a small, almost hidden compartment that has a sack with 10 gold and a small golden soldier figure (worth maybe 5 gold)

Crolwell:
You are fairly certain you've never seen any of these people before. You have temporarily forgotten what is even happening right now. Also, for the official record, when people look at you, clutching this fluba, what do they see you holding? What does a fluba look like?
Aug 30, 2015 10:10 pm
Thinking that the party is out of danger for now, Ütés takes a moment to inspect the small figurine. "No insignia, weapons are slung in an inefficient manner. A disgraceful display!" she chuckles as she gently puts the golden soldier back where she found it. She then quickly catches back up to the others.

She will not take the soldier or the 10 gold.
Aug 30, 2015 10:32 pm
Aelar will follow along, watching out for anything of interest, as well as trying to see what's up ahead.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Aug 30, 2015 10:33 pm
Crolwell wrinkles his nose as he stares at the dark-cloaked Elf in utter confusion he turns and looks at (what appears to be) a High Elf. Crolwell's mouth drops open as he sees the amount of blood on her purple robe and... is that chunks of meat? Looking around he sees himself in an unknown place, a tunnel of some sort? Crolwell spins around, feeling a rush of vertigo. Behind him he sees a Half-Elf carrying an enormous Greataxe (that appears eerily familiar). The axe is splattered with blood.
Crolwell screams at the top of his lungs in extreme fear. He turns and, while yelling, attempts to jump over the dark cloaked Elf and scrambles down the passageway, as fast as his bare feet can take him.
Last edited August 31, 2015 12:29 am

Rolls

Fleeing down Tunnel - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Aug 30, 2015 11:17 pm
I call to the elf leading us towards the cave. "Surely there is some place we can go where we can clean the blood off our clothes?" When I see Crolwell make a break for it, I attempt to grab his arm. "Shhhhh, careful, you don't know what's ahead."
Last edited August 31, 2015 12:10 am

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Aug 30, 2015 11:44 pm
As Crolwell's tries to rush by Aelar will attempt to grab and stop him before he can cause too much chaos.

Rolls

Athletics to attempt to stop Crolwell - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Aug 31, 2015 12:30 am
Aelar:
You see ahead to the entrance to the cave, as well as the sack of gold and the golden soldier figure that Ütés decided to leave behind.

The elf is about to turn and address Xadirs when suddenly a yell bursts out in the dark tunnel. Crolwell makes a break past the group, suddenly terrified of what is around them.

Both Aelar and Xadirs reach out to stop the suddenly spooked old man. Aelar just barely misses Crolwell as he scurries past, but Xadirs snatches his arm firmly, halting his dash.

The elf clamps a had over Crolwell's mouth and whispers to him, "Easy old timer, we are all friends here. Shhhhh." He strokes what little is left of Crolwell's hair.

"Please, once we reach the caves ahead we shall speak. There is much to discuss", he looks to Ütés, "your prince", he looks to Aelar, "and your troupe included."

For a moment he stops to see if the sound has alerted anyone to your presence. He gestures you further down the tunnel. You all now see it opens up in another 20 feet into a large cave.

Rolls

Luck (low is bad, high is good) - (1d100)

(39) = 39

Aug 31, 2015 12:35 am
Moofsalot says:
When I see Crolwell make a break for it, I attempt to grab his arm. "Shhhhh, careful, you don't know what's ahead."
Crolwell's jaw drops open as he sees Xadira (it's difficult to see this through the mass of beard). He takes Xadira's hand and does a little bow.
"The name's Crolwell, but you can call me Crolly. Most call me 'Old Man', but I ain't sure why." He says, giving Xadira a toothless grin.
Aug 31, 2015 12:56 am
I'll say the elf clamps a hand over Crolwell's mouth just after this brief exchange.
Aug 31, 2015 1:34 am
Aelar's eyes pop open and his mouth drops in shock and he begins to push everyone to move faster, he has to know what happened to his troupe.
Aug 31, 2015 1:48 am
After all of the commotion, Ütés will once again keep an eye to the rear as the group moves along.

Rolls

Perception [+4] - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Aug 31, 2015 2:37 am
Ütés:
As the group enters the area that opens up into the large cavern you think you are safe.

The slightly cramped tunnel breaks into a stone cave floor and the roof arches up high above. From where you stand you see a large underground waterfall that leads into a small underground lake. The elf in the robes points across the underground lake, he informs you that your destination is just across there. You can see daylight across the expanse. It seems to be the exit to this cave.

A small trail leads around the edge of the lake and out to this exit. "I am sorry for the haste, but as you may have come to understand, your situation is very dire. We may either try and rest here for a bit and discuss what I know, or we can try and leave the caves and make our way to Neverwinter now."

Suddenly you hear a grating little voice in the shadows and turn to see four goblins, two carry primitive javelins, two have small short swords in hand. One steps forward. "What are you doing in our caves? Have you come to take our treasures? I will kill you either way so tell me the truth!", his manners are obviously lacking.

"Yeah, kill you. HAHAH.", one of the javelin carrying one cackles.

[ GM: This has not officially started a combat, but you are being confronted. ]
Aug 31, 2015 2:43 am
"Don't be ridiculous. I have no need for treasures, nor does the rest of the group for that matter! Leave us be, we have no quarrel with you." I wave my left hand at them dismissively.
Last edited August 31, 2015 3:32 am

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Aug 31, 2015 2:43 am
Crolwell, the romantic he is, will walk up to the goblins and pull out his Fluba and begin playing it. He is doing it for his own sanity as much as to appease these angry goblins (why is he all of a sudden in this cave with a group of bloodstained individuals?). He gives no explanation for what he is doing and is quickly lost in his own little tune (obviously thinking back on that lovely meeting with the dreamy fairy...).
Last edited August 31, 2015 2:49 am

Rolls

Performance for the Goblins - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Aug 31, 2015 2:44 am
Aelar will hold his hands up in a gesture of peace, "Now now, there's no reason for violence, we weren't planning on staying anyway, just passing through," he will say, trying to diffuse the tension.

Rolls

Persuasion to try to diffuse the confrontation - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Aug 31, 2015 2:49 am
Ütés, hoping that the others will be able to persuade the goblins that the group means no harm, remains quiet but will slowly move her hand towards the hilt of her sword, just in case.

Rolls

Slight of Hand (Trying to keep her hand movements hidden) - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Aug 31, 2015 2:54 am
The goblins quickly become enraged at being talked down to quickly, then they just as quickly become confused by this elderly man and his instrument. The noise is not exactly grating, but is more just a single note played out loud and repeated in a mock melody.

As Aelar tries to regain control of the situation the lead goblin takes a moment to consider his words. "Give us your weapons and gold, and we will let you pass. I will have the old man's instrument as well. Give us that, and you will be on your way with all of your pieces intact", he sweeps his sword forward, gesturing at the whole group of adventurers.

The goblins do not seem to notice Ütés moving for her sword.
load next

Thread locked