Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Aug 31, 2015 2:59 am
"I'm afraid that we can't do as you ask, we're in desperate straits and we may need all that we have and more. Please, I ask one more time for you to let us pass in peace." Aelar will say, hoping to get them to listen. He also readies himself to cast a sleeping spell on them should they move to attack.

Rolls

Persuasion again - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Aug 31, 2015 3:02 am
Crolwell will become visibly enraged by what the goblin asked of him (and it is obviously not about his money or weapon). The violent glint in the Old Man's eyes seems to be out of character as he rips his Greataxe from Aelar's hands.
"Not my instrument you impudent beasts!" He roars with a Barbaric yell.

(OOC: He is now in Rage.)
Last edited August 31, 2015 3:02 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Aug 31, 2015 3:16 am
Aelar will sigh and draw his rapier, obviously his attempts at diplomacy were all for nothing.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Aug 31, 2015 3:30 am
"We're in a rush, you fools! My cloak has been soaked in blood for the past 10 minutes and it may never wash out!" I throw my hands up in frustration.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Aug 31, 2015 4:44 am
The goblins see things are going south and ready themselves for a fight. Oddly enough, they thought the old man the least of their worries.

[ GM: Once Ütés has set initiative we can start up combat. I will consider Crolwell as starting with his enraged state. He really loves that fluba. ]

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Aug 31, 2015 11:24 am
Unsheathing her sword and wielding her shield, Ütés prepares for battle.

Rolls

Initiative [+2] - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm
Initiative Order:
-----------------
Aelar - 22
Ütés - 20
Xadira - 17
Goblins - 16
Crolwell - 8

Scene:
----------
As weapons are drawn, some reluctantly, about 20 feet away from your party stands the goblin group. Two of them wield short swords, one seems to be the leader of the group. Just behind them are two readying javelins to throw.

The cave is a flat rock shelf here, there are small, and a few larger, stalagmites coming up from the floor to either side of you. This rock shelf overlooks the small lake that has formed in this cave between you and the exit out of here. The shelf itself is only about 10 feet across from the cave wall out to the edge. Falling off of here would be about a 20 foot dive down into the lake.

Seeing Crolwell going into a rage Aelar reacts quickly and manages to move a little quicker than him. Aelar has the first attack.
Aug 31, 2015 2:28 pm
Seeing the goblins ready to attack and Crolly right in front of them, Aelar will yell to Ütés before he moves, "Come on, we have to help him"

He rushes forward to the leader of the goblins, trying to catch him before he can fully get his guard up. He reaches the goblin leader and attempts to score a quick kill with his rapier and reduce some of the focus on Crolly, who is standing right in front of the goblins

Attacking the Goblin Leader with my rapier and granting Bardic Inspiration to Ütés
Last edited August 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Rolls

Rapier attack on leader - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Rapier damage on leader - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Aug 31, 2015 2:49 pm
Your rapier finds it's mark expertly and the shock in the leader's eyes clearly show he was not expecting anyone to come through here with any level of fighting skill. He quickly is regretting his choice in picking this fight, but it lasts for only a moment before his eyes roll back and he goes limp. He tried to say something, but all that came out was a raspy sigh.

[ GM: The leader goblin has been killed. ]

Ütës is the next to react to the situation.
Aug 31, 2015 9:22 pm
"Right behind you!" Ütés yells as she sprints in behind Aelar as he leads the way. Seeing that he is targeting the one that appears to be the leader, she'll focus her attention on the other sword wielding creature, slashing down at shoulder of the goblin.

OOC: BARDIC INSPIRATION!!! Adding the 1d6 roll to the attack roll.
Last edited August 31, 2015 9:30 pm

Rolls

Long Sword Attack - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Long Sword Damage (Slashing) - (1d8+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Bardic Inspiration - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Aug 31, 2015 10:07 pm
You are inspired by the bard's deft slaying of one of these treacherous goblins, unfortunately as your strike out the goblin twists out of the way (more luck than technique).

"You'll have to be faster than that, pretty", the goblin laughs out, though the expression on his face clearly expresses more lucky gratitude to not be dead.

[ GM: Attack missed. ]

Xadira is the next to react to all that has transpired.
Aug 31, 2015 11:26 pm
I clutch a silvery crystal in my right hand while circling the left above my head as I chant my incantation, hoping to target all our enemies at once. "Yes, sleep, the lot of you!"

Rolls

Casting Sleep - (5d8)

(61484) = 23

Sep 1, 2015 12:27 am
"You think waving your arms is going to scare us away!", shrieks one of the javelin holding goblins, "HAH!"

He glares at you with contempt as suddenly his two living compatriots fall to the ground around him. He looks around dumbfounded and utters a curse in goblin as he also falls to the ground.

[ GM: The remaining three goblins were put to sleep. The effects last for one minutes. Either we can move to Crolwell, and continue in combat, or we can exit it if you act quickly. ]
Sep 1, 2015 12:37 am
I stage whisper to the group, "Come on everyone, we don't have much time! Let's get out of here before they wake!" I attempt to grab Crolly and remove him bodily, but he's a bit faster and stronger than he looks and I'm not as affective as I'd like to be.
Sep 1, 2015 12:40 am
Aelar will sheath his rapier and say, "Come on, I think there's been enough bloodshed already," he will grab Crolly from the other side and attempt to help Xadira get hI'm out of here.
Last edited September 1, 2015 12:41 am
Sep 1, 2015 1:05 am
If he isn't being pulled too hard away by the group, Crolwell will quickly try to snatch up one of the goblins as we pass by, using his arm to cover the mouth of the goblin. He will try to do this stealthily (while muttering something about "I'll take more then your instruments"...).
Last edited September 1, 2015 1:37 am

Rolls

Attempting to snatch the goblin (Advantage) - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (10) + 1 = 11

1d20+1 : (19) + 1 = 20

Strength to keep the monster silent (Advantage) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (2) + 6 = 8

1d20+6 : (7) + 6 = 13

Sep 1, 2015 1:42 am
Crolwell easily scoops up one of the sleeping goblins, but the group is aware of his actions. The sleeping creature is easily restrain for the next minute, until the spell wears off and it will try and fight to escape.

Suddenly the elf, who stayed back from the fray, turns towards the tunnel you just came from. "We must hurry, quickly!", he shouts as he produces a small round object from beneath his robe. He touches a string coming out from the end of this object against the flame of the torch he holds and it becomes all too apparent what this is as the fuse sparks to life.

"Run, now!", he shouts again as he throws the object back down the earthen tunnel you came from. You see two other small points of light, torches, coming towards you down the tunnel.

The elf runs and dives off the edge of the rock shelf and down towards the lake below.

Rolls

Fuse Timer (seconds) - (6d4)

(112314) = 12

Sep 1, 2015 1:59 am
Aelar will smile widely and start pushing Crolly towards the water. Explosions and diving? That's more like it! he thinks as he runs and dives in behind the elf.
Last edited September 1, 2015 2:01 am

Rolls

Acrobatics for the dive! - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Sep 1, 2015 2:00 am
Sheathing her sword as the goblins fall into their magical slumber, Ütés turns in time to see the short haired elf throw something down the tunnel and dive into the lake. Fearing what is about to happen she wastes no time throwing herself into the water as well.

EDIT: I'll add an acrobatics roll as well.
Last edited September 1, 2015 2:01 am

Rolls

Perfect Swan Dive? - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 1, 2015 2:14 am
Clutching the goblin underneath his arm, Crolwell will propel himself over the edge toward the water.

Rolls

acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

load next

Thread locked