Création de Personnages/Character Creation

load previous
Oct 20, 2018 2:09 am
Let's go with two months for him being in Montreal, then. Certainly long enough to tangle with some people, get some Debts going on.

Genisisect, I like the idea of your character being the "someone trying to save me that keeps suffering for it" that I owe 2 Debts, if you're okay with that.
Oct 20, 2018 4:50 pm
OOC:
Two months in Montréal would make sense. Not enough time to learn French, especially if you were too immersed in your job (both mundane and demonic), though you might have still grasped some basic concepts ("oui" = "yes", "non" = "no", "allo" = "hello", etc.).
Oct 24, 2018 3:06 am
Are we creating debts in order, or should we just be throwing ideas out there in any which way we want?
Oct 24, 2018 4:06 am
Throwing in ideas out there any which way you want. See what sticks.
Oct 24, 2018 8:27 am
Sorry about my absence of late, still trying to get over some health issues and work had been demanding what few spoons I’ve had available. Here are my intro questions.
[ +- ] Intro Questions
Grousemetal I’m fine to take that on! What trouble are you in and how has Victoria helped?
Oct 24, 2018 8:28 am
I’m not sure if I’ve said this before but my French is weak, but not non existent. With my dictionary in hand I should be fine to post/read posts in French, although I might skip up every now and then.
Oct 24, 2018 3:32 pm
Genisisect says:
I’m not sure if I’ve said this before but my French is weak, but not non existent. With my dictionary in hand I should be fine to post/read posts in French, although I might skip up every now and then.
No problems. Hope your health gets better.
So, how do you feel about grousmetal's suggestion?
grousemetal says:
Genisisect, I like the idea of your character being the "someone trying to save me that keeps suffering for it" that I owe 2 Debts, if you're okay with that.
Oct 24, 2018 7:20 pm
Quote:
Grousemetal I’m fine to take that on! What trouble are you in and how has Victoria helped?
Oct 25, 2018 3:08 pm
Genisisect says:
Quote:
Jake has a serious problem with women. He gets involved with them easily, it escalates quickly, and it usually ends up with a lot of drama and hurt feelings. He is usually on the verge of some badly thought-out romance. I am thinking maybe he was starting to drift towards involvement with, say, a very powerful female werewolf leader that our crew was interacting with for a past job and Victoria ran interference in some way? OR perhaps they did get involved and the werewolves were out for blood and Victoria wrangled something to save him? The latter option seems like a more serious situation that would warrant a Debt or two.
Oct 26, 2018 4:20 am
grousemetal says:
Jake has a serious problem with women.
With six kids staying with their moms (plural!), yeah, I'd say! XD
Oct 26, 2018 10:09 pm
Jake is the "wedding" type, not the "marriage" type, lol
Oct 27, 2018 1:48 am
Who are you? - A recent arrival to Montreal, trying to make my way doing poorly paid manual labor I found through a temp agency.
How long have you been in the city? - About 6 months
How did you learn about the supernatural? - Old stories my grandparents told me when I was a kid. Most of it stuck though, and eventually my beliefs were vindicated.
Why is this city worth saving? - Basically, its home.
What mystery are you currently investigating? - Recently, there has been a lot of talk about abandoned sewers under the city, and the prospect that there might be things living in them is simply too tempting to write off.

Someone told you their secrets and you haven’t told anyone
about them yet. They owe you 2 Debts.

• Someone thinks they’re protecting you, but it’s really more like
you’re protecting them. You owe each other a Debt.

• You’re leveraging dirt you have on someone to get their help with
something. You owe them a Debt.
OOC:
I'm posting in English now, but I plan on playing mosty in French. ANy takers for my debts?
Last edited October 27, 2018 1:52 am
Oct 29, 2018 8:36 am
I like the idea of us protecting each other. Perhaps Victoria thinks she’s protecting you from supernatural threats and your keeping her out of trouble from mortal affairs (she’s a tad old fashioned).
Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm
Genisisect says:
I like the idea of us protecting each other. Perhaps Victoria thinks she’s protecting you from supernatural threats and your keeping her out of trouble from mortal affairs (she’s a tad old fashioned).
I assume this is directed at Phil and his character Pavel?
OOC:
I know the site has difficulties right now, but if we stick with it, we'll get through the debts. Hopefully, this will get fixed soon.
Oct 29, 2018 2:34 pm
@Phil_Ozzy_Fer, I'd like Jake to take " You’re leveraging dirt you have on someone to get their help with
something. You owe them a Debt." If you're amenable, of course.

@Genisisect, I was looking over your character's Debts to see what Jake could pick up of yours, and a thought occurred to me... Do the Debts cancel out if characters owe each other the same amount? I look at it as if they did each other a favour. I flipped through the rulebook and I didn't see this explicitly mentioned.
Oct 29, 2018 6:53 pm
Yes, sorry I forgot to put an @ Phil at the start of my last post.

@ grousemetal, It doesn’t cancel out per se, you could use a debt move to cash in your debt to remove a debt but otherwise you can just owe each other
Oct 30, 2018 12:42 am
Nope, debts don't cancel each other out. though, Genisisect is right in that one of the option you can use a debt for is to make someone drop a debt they hold on you.

Given that debts are partly how you advance in US, you don't necessarily want to go cancelling debts willy-nilly...
Oct 30, 2018 4:54 am
The forum finally loaded, so i'll try and make it count :P

@Grouse Edouard would have alot of fun doing matchmaking for Jake as (Someone relies on you for their fix. They owe you a Debt). Maybe, since Jake was new in the city, he got refered to Edouard either to find a perfect romance or to "lessen" the hurt feeling of someone.

@Phil I suspect both Edouard and Pavel would have met each others roaming the same streets, curiosity from both side could have led to a too honest conversation where Edouard told Pavel his being able to feed on human emotions (Someone told you their secrets and you haven’t told anyone about them yet. They owe you 2 Debts.). And to be sure to keep Edouard on the side of mortals, Pavel could direct to Edouard people desperate to deal with bad emotions (Someone makes sure you get fed regularly. You owe them 2 Debts.)

@Genisect Could Victoria be responsable for Edouard transformation somehow? Maybe in her pursuit for supernatural knowledge she was studing Indigos (emotional vampires) and she arrange for Edouard being turned as a study case, using a debt from a NPC Indigo?(Someone bears responsibility for you becoming a vampire. They owe you a Debt).
In this scenario she would keep track of him and maybe use him as (Someone is your go-to when you get into trouble. You owe them 2 Debts.)
Nov 1, 2018 12:08 am
@TheVagrant, that sounds awesome!

@Genisisect, Jake can pick up your debt "You are helping someone keep a dangerous secret. They owe you a Debt." He is getting in deep with Victoria.

All I have left is "You're protecting someone from a dark power. They owe you 2 Debts."
Nov 1, 2018 1:36 pm
Things look like they're moving along nicely... as much as the site allows them to...

Do not forget that you can also use this thread to keep track of your debts (some debts will be called out in play and others will be created in play as well). Well, if the site allows you to. :P
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.