Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Feb 4, 2019 3:59 pm
OOC:
I know Sarith and Mai'ngor are wounded and should get healing. I don't know if Sarith is still poisoned.
Feb 4, 2019 6:02 pm
OOC:
Sarith looks weak, but you haven't heard him complain about it yet, so you can't be sure if he's poisoned
Moving into the next chamber, you find that it's huge, extending past your line of sight in all directions (including up). Up near the edge of your range of vision, you see seven massive egg sacs anchored by webs to the ceiling. Hanne smiles, "They're up there," she says, pointing to the sacs, "We just have to find a way up."

Not too far ahead, you see a strand of loose webbing hanging down to the floor that you could probably climb.
Feb 4, 2019 7:18 pm
Mai'ngor tugs on one of the loose web strands to test its strength.
Last edited February 4, 2019 7:18 pm
Feb 4, 2019 7:43 pm
Hunter looks to Hanne and asks, "What do you normally do, if you're with your hunting party? Any tools or equipment you bring along with you?" Meanwhile, she summons a Mage Hand to assist Mai'ngor or anyone that might journey upward.
Feb 4, 2019 9:28 pm
The strand of web appears to be strong enough to support Mai'ngor's weight with ease.

Hanne looks slightly embarrassed, "We, um, usually have slaves that do the heavy lifting for us," she says, "I've not paid much attention to the methods."
Feb 4, 2019 10:45 pm
"Hm, yes," Hunter says, deadpan. Looking away, she scans the chamber for anything that might threaten Mai'ngor or whomever wishes to climb the webbing. "Well, you seem smart. What can you think of that might help?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Feb 5, 2019 10:54 am
"A moment," Melpomene calls out to Mai'ngor as she approaches. She lays a hand on his arm and sings gently as a warm glow suffuses him. Then she turns and does the same for Sarith, taking longer and inspecting him as she works.

Rolls

Cure wounds Mai'ngor (level 3) - (3d8+5)

(846) + 5 = 23

Cure wounds Sarith (level 2, three times) - (2d8+5, 2d8+5, 2d8+5)

2d8+5 : (83) + 5 = 16

2d8+5 : (22) + 5 = 9

2d8+5 : (88) + 5 = 21

medicine (checking for poison), Sarith - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Feb 5, 2019 11:11 am
"Thank you." Mai'ngor says gravely. Even though Melpomene has shown nothing but goodness from the moment the group met her, old prejudices die hard in Mai'ngor: in his mind, tieflings are still demon spawn.

As for the drow... Sinag can banish poison from Sarith if necessary, but Mai'ngor isn't about to offer.
Feb 5, 2019 9:36 pm
Hunter can't see anything in her range of vision that would be a threat to anyone climbing up.

"Thank you," Sarith says to Melpomene as he heals him, "That's much better."

Melpomene doesn't get the impression that Sarith is still suffering the effects of poison.
Feb 7, 2019 11:55 am
Mai'ngor stows Sinag, mutters a few words in his native tongue, then with a swish of his tail, starts climbing.
OOC:
Casting Longstrider on self.
Last edited February 7, 2019 12:00 pm
Feb 7, 2019 7:09 pm
Mai'ngor climbs the strand to the top and sees that he's close enough to start cutting out the large eggs.

Sarith takes a deep breath, draws his hand crossbow, and levitates up beside the tikbalang, "I'll keep an eye out for you."
Feb 7, 2019 7:21 pm
"You do that." Mai'ngor rumbles, then gets to work extracting the eggs.
Last edited February 7, 2019 7:21 pm
Feb 8, 2019 12:11 am
Hunter waits near the bottom of the web strand, her Mage Hand moving upward to assist as she can, while she readies a spell she hopes she will not need.
Feb 8, 2019 10:21 am
Melpomene kneels, her fingertips splayed on the ground and head cocked, waiting for the telltale vibration.
Feb 9, 2019 10:03 pm
It takes near to ten minutes for Mai'ngor to extract an egg perched as he is at an awkward angle, but he does manage to get one eventually.

Hanne watches from the ground, "Hey, have him get me a few to take home."
Feb 10, 2019 12:11 am
Hunter nods. "He'll get whatever he can, and whatever time we have left," she says, "though it wouldn't hurt to have some extra." Her Mage Hand floats ready to bring the egg down.

She sends a Message to Mai'ngor, See if you can get another. Don't strain yourself, as one in my Mage Hand is worth the two in the web.
Feb 11, 2019 2:15 am
"HE probably doesn't need any help. Right?" Xeliss glances up towards Mai'ngor,
Feb 11, 2019 2:19 am
Mai'ngor places the egg in the disembodied hand and gets to work cutting a second egg free.
Last edited February 11, 2019 2:19 am
Feb 11, 2019 5:39 am
Hunter lowers her Mage Hand towards Xeliss. "Be ready as I bring this down. We wouldn't want it to fall."
Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm
Mai'ngor is able to miraculously cut another free with no interruptions. Working carefully, he and Hunter are able to get both of them to the floor with no complications.
load next

Thread locked