Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Feb 11, 2019 6:38 pm
OOC:
Assuming I can still reply to Hunter's Message.
"How many do we need?"
Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm
Only one, comes Hunter's Message. Having a spare should come in handy.
Feb 12, 2019 7:01 pm
Mai'ngor starts climbing down.
Feb 13, 2019 2:46 pm
A few moments later, you hear a voice in the back of your minds, "Do you have the egg?" the voice of Vizeran Devir asks impatiently.
Feb 13, 2019 5:47 pm
Yes, Hunter thinks in reply, confident that the drow mage has the ability to hear her reply. Where next? She waits for Mai'ngor's return, and puts the second egg in her bag.
Feb 14, 2019 2:03 pm
There's a slight delay before Vizeran's response comes along, "Your map has been enchanted with a spell of reciprocity and will now show you the way to a place called the Vast Oblivium. It is home to a beholder named Karazikar. I will need one of his eye stalks for the ritual."
Feb 14, 2019 4:46 pm
Hunter unfurls the map to inspect the latest update and determine how far the Vast Oblivium is from their current location.
Feb 14, 2019 5:08 pm
"I understand the necessity, given there is something greater at stake here, but I must say - and I am aware that I repeat myself - that I do not appreciate being made into an errand boy for an accursed drow." Mai'ngor growls, addressing it to no one in particular, and spits on the ground.
Feb 14, 2019 5:22 pm
Hunter makes a there-there gesture as she studies the map, and her Mage Hand pats Mai'ngor's shoulder.
Feb 14, 2019 11:05 pm
Xeliss shrugs. "Me neither. Not much we can do about it now." Unless we leave everyone to die?
Feb 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Tracing your route from your current location, you see that it's only about a dozen or so miles to the Vast Oblivium. The map also shows an exit from the Wormwrithings to the northeast.
Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm
Hunter points out the direction to the party. Before heading out, she turns to Hanne and says, "Once we're clear of these tunnels, we will decide if you've earned your egg. You have until then to impress me."
Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm
Hanne looks shocked and slightly insulted, but nods, "Understood," she says morosely. She was clearly of the opinion that she would have gotten her egg no matter what happened.

As you move toward the exit that the map indicates, you see figures ahead, coming from a side tunnel. They stop, clearly having seen you. What do you do?
Feb 18, 2019 4:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
How far ahead?
OOC:
About 100 feet. Far enough that you can see figures, but not specifics about them in the dark
Feb 18, 2019 6:35 pm
"They haven't attacked, which is a good sign," says Hunter. "I will contact them. Quietly."

She steps forward and holds up an empty hand. Hunter then points at one of the figures in front and sends a Message in Common, Well met. We are in dangerous territory, as you may well know. We wish to pass through, and should like to avoid any complications from the hosts of this place. What say you?
Feb 19, 2019 4:37 pm
There's a brief pause before Hunter receives a reply, We were separated from our companion. Might you have seen her? Her name is Hanne, a young girl, a female voice replies as the figures wave you forward to join them in a side passage.
Feb 19, 2019 4:49 pm
"Huh," Hunter says aloud, then focuses on another Message. The girl is safe with us. You may come over and pick her up.

She turns to Hanne and says, "Fortune favors you. Your hunting party is there."

Her voice turning sweet, Hunter touches the drow's cheek with a soft palm and continues, "Our destination lies elsewhere, Hanne Hallen of Menzoberranzan. Perhaps we shall meet again." She pulls out the second worm egg and holds it out to Hanne. "Parting is such sweet sorrow."
Feb 19, 2019 5:11 pm
Mai'ngor watches the incoming figures warily. More drow. Can't be good. He causes Sinag to flare to life as bright as she'll go. Just in case.
Feb 20, 2019 3:20 pm
Hanne takes the egg and nods, "Thank you," she says before moving off down the tunnel to reunite with her companions.

Sinag's light causes Sarith to turn his head away from the light and the other drow to take a step back, alarmed by the presence of so much illumination.
load next

Thread locked