Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm
OOC:
Going to assume that Xeliss isn't resisting!
Sarith drags Xeliss of the walkway and they begin a free fall. As they near the ground, Sarith calls upon his internal magic and slows their descent until they land softly at the bottom of the chasm.

He looks up, "I don't think we'll have long before that thing comes down to check on us," he says, drawing one of his swords and a hand crossbow.
Mar 20, 2019 5:40 pm
Hunter and Elayna pop back into existence almost immediately after her spell banished them into another dimension. Having not oriented herself appropriately, Hunter falls prone onto the chasm floor. It takes a moment for Hunter to reorient herself to the situation, before she finally asks Elayna, "Are you ok?!"
Mar 20, 2019 6:14 pm
Elayna looks dazed, but she manages to nod her head, "Yes, I think I'm ok," she says, "Thank you for saving me... again."
Mar 21, 2019 4:33 am
Hunter gathers her feet and looks around at everyone. "Where is that blasted eyeball? And where can we go from here?"
Mar 21, 2019 10:44 pm
"Expedient but perhaps not wise," Melpomene replies, "Lest we suffer the same fate again."

Rolls

History/Arcana check for info about beholders? - (1d20+6)

(11) + 6 = 17

Mar 22, 2019 9:02 am
"That one is a formidable foe. But arrogance is its flaw. No doubt, it believes us all dead, and considers coming down here to confirm it far too lowly a task. It may send minions, however. So let us relocate quickly while we ponder our next course of action."
Last edited March 22, 2019 9:08 am
Mar 22, 2019 1:38 pm
Melpomene is well aware that beholders have a number of eye rays that they can fire off with different effects and their gaze nullifies magic.
Mar 22, 2019 4:02 pm
Hunter looks around for avenues of exit.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Mar 22, 2019 11:08 pm
"The creature's gaze will render our magics ineffective, so it would be best to spread out, if possible, and preferably to hide."
Mar 23, 2019 2:50 am
Xeliss lands, immediately taking the form of an earth elemental. The golem lands nearby. (?)
Mar 23, 2019 5:44 pm
Hunter flinches as the elemental lands, before remembering a similar ability used by Xeliss in previous encounters. "It probably knows that I dabble in the arcane," she says after her initial shock, "so it will undoubtedly try to keep that anti-magic gaze fixated on me."

She readies and loads her light crossbow. "I will remain in the open. The rest of you spread out and hide, like Melpomene suggested. When it puts that awful eyeball upon me, you all strike from above or behind." Hunter moves along the chasm floor, looking for somewhere she can make a final stand and give the others an opportunity to ambush their quarry.
Mar 23, 2019 10:31 pm
OOC:
Forgot about the shield guardian. It fell and took 75 damage
There are a number of tunnels leading out from the chasm as well as many rocks to take cover behind. You realize how lucky you were that you didn't fall all the way down or you'd probably have died.
Mar 23, 2019 11:22 pm
OOC:
Probably = most definitely. Thank you, oh merciful DM.
Mar 23, 2019 11:23 pm
Melpomene finds a hiding spot and looks up to see if she can see the monster descending.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Several minutes later, you see the man who guided you to Karazikar slowly floating down looking around for bodies. He spots the shield guardian on the ground and floats over to it, finally setting himself down to walk over and check it out. He takes a peek and then turns around suspiciously, "They must have survived, master," he says, "Their bodies are not here."
Mar 26, 2019 6:54 pm
Hunter looks around to see where the man's master is, if he's in casual conversation with the beholder.
Mar 26, 2019 8:33 pm
Hunter doesn't see the beholder anywhere within the range of her vision.
Mar 26, 2019 8:36 pm
Mai'ngor watches the man intently, waiting to see what he will do next. The tikbalang scans the chasm walls to see if Karazikar or anything is coming down.
Mar 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Hunter sends a Message to Mai'ngor and Sarith. Kill him. If he can speak with the beholder from a distance, he will reveal our location!
Mar 26, 2019 9:04 pm
OOC:
What's the distance to this guy? Can I get to him in one move?
load next

Thread locked