Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Dec 30, 2015 10:51 pm
Elfog jumps to his feet and ignores Jimjar's latest offer to bet. "Easy, Drow! Ya mess with that one, I'll bury me sword in yer skull!"
Dec 31, 2015 2:17 pm
Sarith is squaring off with Eldeth when Elfog speaks up. Seeing that he is now outnumbered he glares at Elfog and Eldeth before spitting on the ground and stalking off into the darkness, "Keep the bitch on a tighter leash, then."

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Dec 31, 2015 4:28 pm
The spectral hand floating in mid-air thanks Sarith's cooperation by pulling into a fist with one finger held up. Then it disappears.

"So, derro," says Hunter, "your spell? I'm sure you could recover whatever additional components you need when you return to your brilliant society."
Jan 2, 2016 11:16 pm
"Ya got what ye deserved, Drow!" Elfog blurts back before turning back to Jimjar and whispering. "Ten gold says I kill the drow meself before this is all overwith."
Jan 3, 2016 5:27 am
Y sighs, "I suppose I'll just need some sulfur, bat guano, and the tiny hourglass from my pouch. Once I cast my spell, you'll wanna get out of the way before the sand in the hourglass runs out. And once it's all over you won't be able to take this path back either."

Jimjar chuckles at Elfog, "That's not a bet I'm willing to take!"
Jan 5, 2016 3:19 am
Hunter looks at Xeliss. Then she fishes into her own component pouch to try and find something the derro can use.
Jan 5, 2016 5:22 am
"Oh alright, take what you need then. But you mess with us, I'll maul you myself." I hand over the component pouch, then shift back into my wolf form and snarl at the derro for good measure.
Last edited January 5, 2016 11:57 pm
Jan 5, 2016 2:25 pm
"Enough of this! Let us move," Mai'ngor urges his companions. "Farewell, derro," the tikbalang says with genuine courtesy, but his impatience shows as he snorts loudly, stomps his hooves and shakes his mane.
Jan 5, 2016 2:34 pm
Y takes the materials and bends down, crushing the bat guano and mixing it with the sulfur. He traces a rune on the ground and places the hourglass in the center, "This will explode in 5 minutes, best move on!" He stands up and chuckles before saying, "What a most curious encounter," then snaps his fingers and disappears with a slight pop.

You all suddenly realize that he could have left at any time and he was only sticking around out of curiosity over what would happen.
Jan 5, 2016 3:58 pm
"Here, gnome," Hunter says to Xeliss. She halves her component pouch so that the other has something for spells. For herself, Hunter keeps a short copper wire and a piece of cured leather.
Jan 5, 2016 4:42 pm
"Shall we...?" Sollin says, pointedly looking at the run, then down the hall. "I'd lead, if it weren't for the whole can't see in the dark thing."
Jan 5, 2016 10:51 pm
"The Drow will lead!" Elfog says, "With me right behind him..."
Jan 5, 2016 10:57 pm
"He stalked off into the darkness," says Hunter. "While I'd love to be rid of him, I'm not comfortable being in this place with him skulking about."
Jan 5, 2016 11:36 pm
As if on cue Sarith appears at the edge of your vision, "I think we'd best get out of here before our 5 minutes are up..."

Everyone will gain 75 xp for the odd encounter

This was the morning of Day 2 of your escape
Jan 6, 2016 12:11 am
You continue on for a couple more days, and it is nearing the end of your travel on the fifth day when a soft feminine voice sounds out in your mind suddenly, faint and distant.

"Hello? Is someone there ... ? Oh please, I need your help! I have been trapped in the dark for so long ... so very long. Please. won't you help to free me?"

You get the faint feeling that it's coming from the east, and you stand at a fork that happens to lead in that direction. You see the others in your party look around in shock, obviously seeking the source of the communication.

"I don't like voices without bodies... makes me nervous," Eldeth says as she looks around.

Stool looks curiously around, obviously not made nervous by his primary form of communication, "She sounds nice, we should help her, she must be scared."
Jan 6, 2016 12:18 am
"You mean you all heard that, in your own heads?" asks Hunter, seeking confirmation from the group. She tries to recall any lore of creatures or beings that can telepathically speak to several individuals at once, and yet sound so distant.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Jan 6, 2016 12:25 am
The rest of your companions nod their heads and Shuushar speaks up, "I certainly did, though I don't know where it came from precisely."

Hunter has heard stories about many creatures that can speak telepathically, primarily the horrible Mind Flayers, though they're not usually known for expressing emotions or fear.
Jan 6, 2016 12:39 am
Hunter makes her discomfort known. "I don't like this. Any creature that can speak to all our minds also speaks to some arcane power. And I have spent enough time around you two..." she wiggles a finger between Elfog and Sarith, "... to feel highly suspicious of any voice beckoning me into the dark."
Jan 6, 2016 1:50 am
"No. Let's move on." I don't entertain the thought of "helping" anyone else.
Jan 6, 2016 3:13 am
"You don't become a long lived dwarf running into obvious traps." Elfog replies to Hunter's comment. "Let's keep moving, we're not exactly fit to be rescuing others as it is..."
load next

Thread locked