Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Sep 7, 2015 3:57 am
Xadira:
You can't tell one way or another. Your anger seems to cloud your insight into the situation.

The orc, remaining as soft as he can, looks to Aelar, "The Daggers are an organization more widespread than you can imagine. Give us a night and we will find what has become of your Troupe. I promise you this.", he looks to Ütés, "Your prince as well."
Sep 7, 2015 4:32 am
Ütés listens as Taft and Samuel try to explain what is going on and has yet to her an answer to her initial question. She shoots a glance at Taft before walking up to Samuel to face him directly.

Arms folded in front of her she asks, "Chosen? By whom?" and before waiting for a response she continues "Recruited? For what purpose?"
Last edited September 7, 2015 4:33 am
Sep 7, 2015 4:39 am
Annoyed at everyone, Crolwell steps out and spins his Fluba in his hands. With Barbaric strength he pushe Ütés out of the way, starring down the Half Orc. He will be breathing down the Orcs neck.
(Crolwell has never been suspicious before... well except for that one time, when a woman he fell in love with turned out to be a full blooded Orc, there was something suspicious there. Nobody looks that good).
Crolwell, then positions his Fluba, and begins to sing a song.

"I've heard of a tale about The Bard.
Tell me, Orc. Is he near or is he far?
Listen to how I learned of this.
It is a tale of grace and splendor.
About one who is kind and tender.
Tell me, sir, who is this Bard?

On our journey we made with Taft.
A sudden light like a spear's shaft.
Came down upon myself.
And there I saw her, blue eyes staring.
It was the magical, pretty, pointy-eared fairy.
You see, I knew she would come again.

Her smile was sweet and her lips like flame.
Her face as perfect as an innocent dame.
Her eyes glowed blue like water.
Her hair like the twisted vines were long.
Her voice as joyous as a merry song.
She told me I needed to find the Bard.

The four of us awoke in a river of gore.
Piles of bodies aligned the floor.
Cut by our own swords and weapons.
Now with our sense and spirit dead.
And a large price on our heads.
Tell us four. Who could do such a thing?"

Crolwell will then shake himself from his trance and look quizzically at the Half Orc.
Last edited September 7, 2015 5:29 am
Sep 7, 2015 4:46 am
Initially annoyed at being pushed out of the way, Ütés simply stares in disbelief at Crolwell, mouth agape.
Sep 7, 2015 5:40 am
Aelar will stare at Crolwell in disbelief for a moment and then will work at committing the verses to memory. Those who listen closely will hear him quietly reciting the words to himself.
Sep 7, 2015 12:38 pm
I glance at Crolwell curiously. I have many questions for him, but something tells me I may not get the answers I seek.

To be honest, I'm not sure I even want to stay here for the night. I know that the Daggers are familiar with magic. Who's to say "Taft", if that is even his real name, isn't lying about more than he's admitted to? For all I know he put us all into that situation in the first place as a means of gaining our trust and recruiting us. I turn to Aelar and Ütés and say in elvish "We should talk about this before we make any decisions. Clearly they don't mean to give us any real answers."
Sep 7, 2015 2:04 pm
Taft, hearing your words responds in elvish, "I understand your anger and distrust. I will understand if you choose to leave, Samuel and I have much to discuss, but I will do my best to answer all of these questions." He takes a moment to think about how to start.

"The Daggers is an organization made strong by recruiting members who are exceptional. Soldiers with a deep sense of loyalty, those with a deep fascination of lore and the arcane, bards who can immortalize, and shape, history with their words, and warriors of strength and might", he says while gesturing to each of you in turn. "You were all chosen to be approached for recruitment, that is why you all were truly summoned to that tavern. Unfortunately things went awry. I know you do not remember much about that night at the tavern, but we had met briefly before you were drugged. I had hoped that evening would end in a celebration. Your prince and the troupe were there, they helped us to bring you there."
Sep 7, 2015 2:09 pm
Samuel steps forward a bit, "This name, 'The Bard', is an evil of some renoun who has recently starting coming to light as of late. We know no other name, as no one has lived to repeat it. He is simply know as The Bard because he carries an rather odd looking instrument with him. He seems to follow the tradition of the bard, but that is about all we know of him. With this stunt, turning our own hopeful recruits against us, he has made the worst kind of enemy."

"If you will allow it we would like to give you the full force of The Daggers to track down this Bard and destroy him. In return you will gain access to our vast network of informants and spies as well as shelter at any dagger base of operations. Will you aid us and let us aid you?"
Sep 7, 2015 2:48 pm
I think back on everything I've read to any mention of something or someone related to this "bard". I'm a bit skeptical, but somehow Crolwell is familiar with the name so it's possible that he or she exists.

Rolls

History - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Sep 7, 2015 3:03 pm
Considering her options Ütés approaches Xadira and whispers in Elvish. "My mission remains unchanged. I must find the young prince and if this group has the means to help in that mission then I will go along. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now but I will not give them my full trust."
Sep 7, 2015 3:39 pm
Aelar will think of what has been said so far, and say to Utes and Xadira in elvish, "I have to agree with Utes. I don't like this situation at all, but it doesn't seem that we have much choice if we want to have any chance to rescue the prisoners."

He will then turn to Samuel and Taft and continue in common, "I'm not sure how much I trust your organization, but I think you're the best hope we have to mount any sort of rescue mission..." he will pause for a moment before continuing, "What's next?"
Sep 7, 2015 5:04 pm
"Alright, then it's decided. Let's move on to the next steps then." There's no time to argue anyway. I may as well make the most of the time here and learn as much about the Daggers as possible. Who knows, maybe if they're as formidable a group as they claim to be, they could even make it into a footnote in one of my compendiums. I smile despite myself.
Sep 7, 2015 6:12 pm
Samuel continues, "The next step is to consult our network of informants to find out exactly where The Bard has taken your prince and the troupe. From what I have gathered, it sounds as though they were never meant to escape. It would seem rather odd if you were put into that craze only to take out citizens of some small town."

He walks back over to his desk and looks around in one of the drawers. "I know you are not members of The Daggers...I hope that will change in time...but you will have access to our supplies and resources." He produces four small pins. These ones, unlike Taft's pin, are silver in color, not gold. He tosses them to you. "Wearing these pins will grant a small defensive bonus to all of you."

"We also have a storeroom of items we can lend to you on your journey. If you want to walk the city for the day, please do, it will take some time for our informants to find where they have taken the prisoners. It sounds like you traveled the night through, feel free to rest here. Our facilities are open to you."

[ GM: The pins will add +1 to your AC and make you proficient in DEX saving throws (you get to add your proficiency bonus to them if you don't already) ]
Sep 7, 2015 7:56 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
"We also have a storeroom of items we can lend to you on your journey. If you want to walk the city for the day, please do, it will take some time for our informants to find where they have taken the prisoners. It sounds like you traveled the night through, feel free to rest here. Our facilities are open to you."
Crolwell will take the pin and bow slightly to the Half-Orc. "Thanks! I needed some pants anyway. This robe has been sort of airy, especially with all this traveling. If you know what I mean".
Sep 7, 2015 11:06 pm
Clipping the pin to her tunic Ütés responds, "I have no desire to walk the city, but a rest would be of some help. Where might I find a room?"
Sep 8, 2015 2:27 am
"You may follow me ma'am", the voice seems to have come from nowhere when suddenly you realize the gnome that was reading a book up front before is now standing behind your group by the door.

He turns and starts walking you down the hallway. This hallway, lined with it's many plain wooden doors opens back up into the main hall. As he walks across the hall other members of the daggers, of all varying races, give Green a casual greeting in passing.

He leads you to another door filled hallway on the other side of the hall. All of these doors are green with a small metal plate on them, numbering them as you go. After walking down about twenty doors he turns to you. "Each of you has been given a room, these four here are yours.", he gestures to two rooms on one side of the hallway, and another two directly across the hall from them.

"Is there anything else I can do to be of assistance?", Green asks. He looks briefly at Crolwell, "Would you like me to bring you some pants, sir?"
Sep 8, 2015 4:08 am
I slip the pin into a pocket and follow closely being Green. "Which way to the supplies? What should I know about this city? Any points of interest?"
Sep 8, 2015 5:50 am
Crolwell nods appreciatly.
"That would be amazing, little man. Also, you wouldn't know where I could get a meal? Trail rations are good and all, but they aren't good on the taste buds".
Last edited September 8, 2015 5:50 am
Sep 8, 2015 3:06 pm
Aelar will put the pin onto his shirt, "Thank you," he will then follow Green to the rooms, "I'd just like a meal, and maybe a place where I could clean myself up."
Sep 8, 2015 9:28 pm
Once Ütés enters the room she will spend about 30 minutes carefully inspecting the place. Her sword will not leave her side.

Rolls

Investigate the Room [+2] - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

load next

Thread locked