OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 14, 2015 6:10 pm
I'm using the beta book since it was cheaper to get. I think I'm probably just misreading it from what you're stating, I thought it meant for two advantage you can give someone else a maneuver in the form of 1 boost dice or a setback dice but from what you've stated give yourself a maneuver stay under the cap though during your turn, give someone a boost, or a setback are your options.
Oct 14, 2015 6:19 pm
Yah, that's what it looks like to me. Specific text is:

Perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the two maneuvers per turn limit.

Add https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-black.png to the targeted character's next check.

Add https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.png to any allied character's next check, including that of the active character.
Oct 14, 2015 6:21 pm
Of course, there's always an option to try something fancy from a narrative point of view -- as long as it fits and is scaled with the advantage on hand, I'm happy to roll with it.
Oct 14, 2015 10:43 pm
From the game post:

Csillag - you have 2 advantage to spend

So do these advantages 'roll over' to my next turn to use? Can I pool them if I get a couple advantages next turn to score a critical (needing 4 with my holdout blaster)?
Oct 14, 2015 11:02 pm
No, advantages can't go into a pool, they have to be resolved as part of your turn. Here's a summary of the table I have:

1 advantage:
---
- recover 1 strain
- add a boost die to the next allied active character's check (I guess the next character in the initiative queue)
- notice a single important point in the ongoing conflict, such as the location of a blast door's control panel or a weak point on an attack speeder (this seems to be GM driven, but could be very open to the narrative possibilities by having players comments here)
- activate an item quality (advantage cost may vary)

2 advantage:
---
- perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the two maneuvers per turn limit
- add a setback (black) die to the targeted character's next check
- add a boost die to any allied characters next check, including yourself

3 advantage:
---
- Negate the targeted enemy's defensive bonuses (such as the defense gained from cover, equipment or performing the guarded stance maneuver) until the end of the current round.
- ignore penalizing environment effects such as inclement weather, zero gravity, or similar circumstances until the end of the your next turn.
- when dealing damage to a target, have the attack disable the opponent or one piece of gear rather than dealing wounds or strain. This could include hobbling him temporarily with a shot to the leg, or disabling his comlink. This should be agreed upon by the player and the GM and the effects are up to the GM. The effects should be temporary and not too excessive.
- Gain +1 melee or ranged defense until the end of your next turn.
- force the target to drop a melee or ranged weapon he is wielding

Triumph dice have similar stuff.

1 triumph:
---
- upgrade the difficulty of the targeted character's next check
- upgrade any allied character's next check, including yourself.
- do something vital such as shooting the controls to the nearby blast doors to seal them shut.
Oct 14, 2015 11:03 pm
so .. you could use that 2 advantage to:

recover 1 strain and give the next person the action queue a boost die.

or

take an extra maneuver (this is best done once you know you have the advantage as part of your turn)

or

have your target have a setback for their next check

or

add a boost die to your next check or that of any ally.

etc.
Oct 14, 2015 11:04 pm
falryx says:
recover 1 strain and give the next person the action queue a boost die.
I'll do that one then.

Thanks!
Oct 15, 2015 12:22 am
Sounds good -- feel free to post your next action at your convenience. :) You don't have to wait for dagger. in FFG star wars, each of the player initiative slots are interchangeable.
Oct 15, 2015 1:39 pm
Note: I'm going to ignore 'Encounter 4' in this adventure. It's a bit of a weaselly hook IMHO and it's there just to create experience with Force powers. Given that only 1 out of the 4 of you has a Force power to assist here it doesn't seem like it'll generate a lot of narrative value and we can learn the mechanic if/when 1 of the 2 of you with a Force power opts to use it. :)
Oct 15, 2015 4:24 pm
I could have used my slight of hand to be sneaky, that's a force power. Too late for that now! Lol.
Oct 15, 2015 6:10 pm
I like that Dagger dove in with almost wreckless abandon, and came out unscathed.
Oct 15, 2015 6:13 pm
Always fear the guy running towards the bullets head-on unfazed.
Oct 15, 2015 7:27 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I like that Dagger dove in with almost wreckless abandon, and came out unscathed.
I couldn't believe my roll. I rolled poorly. These guys are YGG if I recall correctly. They ought to be able to hit someone with YGGP.
Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Dagger is the type to bring a vibroknife to a blaster fight, even though brawn is my lowest stat.
Oct 16, 2015 12:50 am
The game is introducing destiny points now. Can I get a Force (white) die roll from each of you? This thread is fine.
Oct 16, 2015 12:52 am
Destiny Points

Rolls

Destiny

2 White Force Points

Oct 16, 2015 11:48 am
Now if that battle didn't mirror my morality stuff exactly I don't know what will. I have enthusiasm and recklessness. I'd say that was recklessly enthusiastic combat.
Oct 16, 2015 12:31 pm
Here's my roll.

Rolls

The force roll:

2 Black Force Points

Oct 16, 2015 3:09 pm
I'll double-check the Stimpack stuff when I'm back at home.
Oct 16, 2015 3:16 pm
I think he is right, if I recall correctly too. I think you can stim multiple times, it just looses effect over time.
Last edited October 16, 2015 3:16 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.