OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 16, 2015 3:38 pm
Granted things might have changed since the Beta book, I'm going off page 129 of the gear section description and page 161 under medical care for the Recovery & Healing section.
Oct 16, 2015 3:52 pm
Remnant, you're right, though the stim pack is used up in one application. But the first one you use up in a day gives you 5 points, not 4. The 4 number was from the beginner's set rulebook, which apparently simplifies things by saying "You just get 4 wounds recovered with each use." I've adjusted my character sheet accordingly.

Rolls

Force die roll

1 Black Force Point

Oct 16, 2015 3:57 pm
By the way, I've noticed that when falryx has edited our posts to add dice to the rolls, the site is switching our posts from "as our characters" to "as Players" again. falryx, do you even have a pull-down to select Player/character when editing our posts? I'd like to report the bug - of course I'm assuming you're not manually making that change! But the bug is slightly different if it's the pull-down that is defaulting back to Player (that's actually an extension of a reported bug), or if it's doing it without the pull-down (which might be a different bug). As GM, falryx should not have to select the Player/Character pull-down at all when editing a post.
Oct 16, 2015 5:43 pm
I agree with spaceseeker -- I read the page in the CRB this morning and it says a couple times that stimpacks are "one-shot" or "one-use" items, but that you can use a stimpack multiple times a day with the first time giving you 5 wounds benefit and each subsequent time reducing that by one until you need a 24hr period to let the drugs pass through your system.

Thanks for noticing the edit thing! I didn't. And the answer is, "no I don't get a drop down when I'm editing" so it looks like it reverts back to the player. I think that's definitely good fodder for the bug forum.
Oct 16, 2015 5:51 pm
Force roll:

Rolls

2 White Force Points

Oct 16, 2015 6:00 pm
Thanks szemely!

That means we have 4 light destiny points and 3 dark destiny points.
Oct 16, 2015 10:17 pm
falryx says:
Thanks szemely!
Sorry for the delay - I'll have something posted tonight, need to read a little on how healing works (she's a healer).
Oct 17, 2015 1:31 pm
All -- for a Force power like 'heal' in a non-combat situation, I'm not going to require a Force die roll. It seems like given sufficient time to relax and focus in a non-pressured way, it should be easy for someone who's a Force user to summon adequate Force to trigger the effect -- and I don't see a lot of value in asking szemely to roll a bunch of Force die. Under pressure it's a different story, naturally (e.g. combat, or having to do so at a dramatically appropriate time). But for simple mechanics it seems silly to spend time waiting for a white Force die so the power can trigger.
Oct 17, 2015 1:50 pm
To use notes you click the red page icon and enter someone's user name, not character name, into the dialog that pops up. Then only they, and the GM, can see the note. I believe the GM can see all notes within the game. Users will only be able to see notes they are included in. I think you can separate multiple users with spaces in one note.
Oct 17, 2015 3:32 pm
And this is how it is displayed:
spaceseeker19 sent a note to PhantomNimbus,Remnant
Also, I can confirm that the space between usernames works.

Note that this means that you can write asides to people you suspect are reading the game, even if they're not playing in the game, as long as the game is set to Public.
Last edited October 17, 2015 3:37 pm
Oct 17, 2015 4:50 pm
Ah, Thanks I was hoping it was something expandable since it was personal fluff.
Oct 19, 2015 2:21 pm
Just remember. The GM sees all.
Oct 19, 2015 9:08 pm
bwahahaha? :)
Oct 19, 2015 11:30 pm
I was prepared to start talking cave -- but I think Dagger's actions have changed the immediate focus, so i'm withholding comment as you guys sort it out. this is one where I feel like me jumping in too early will make the adventure less fun. when I do chime in, I'll note or otherwise provide negative impact on your roll, Nimbus.
Oct 19, 2015 11:31 pm
Fair enough. :)
Oct 21, 2015 4:35 am
Wow. A triumph and 2 failure. That was weird.
Oct 21, 2015 5:28 am
I can't roll just regular successes to save my life. Quite literally in this situation. I also realize I've made a perfectly suited character to take the stealthy path, and instead I attempt coercion, a skill I have little skill in and almost as little of stat numbers. Lol.

If only I can hold them off long enough to get into pistol range I should be good.
Oct 21, 2015 12:41 pm
The game seems more story based then you can do things based on crunch/mechanics. This game is definitely not going to be just you attempt to do something and just pass or fail which adds a bit. I figure Dagger is so reckless due to things working out in his favor so that's a reason right there to be cocky about a crazy plan (So crazy... it just might work...).

Also don't forget the slugthrower rifles have Cumbersome 2 so you've definitely getting a workout if you have a brawl of 2, under that you would wonder why the gun was so heavy, over 2 you still feel the weapon has some wait to it.
Last edited October 21, 2015 12:43 pm
Oct 21, 2015 2:23 pm
Oh yeah I'm aware. But it has better range than my blaster so that kind of offsets it. But also since the hunters have them in hoping it helps future deceptions if need be.
Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm
I laughed out loud a couple times this morning as I read the game thread. Great fun! Thanks! I had to get into work before I could spend some time with the CRB and make sure I was going to handle coercion, the destiny point and the various Force powers correctly, so I'll get an update out this evening.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.