Chapter Seven: The Stalemate At Loton's Cove

load previous
May 20, 2020 9:34 pm
Just pointing this out because it would be clear to your characters, but not necessarily obvious from the area descriptions given: it would be possible to make your way east and find a path down to the cove without placing yourself within sightlines of Gorham's camp.
May 23, 2020 7:14 pm
OOC:
I say we find our way to the Cove; it may be that we can bypass whatever holds Gorham at bay
May 23, 2020 7:18 pm
Zangua agrees with the assessment of navigating to the cove. "Let's go."
May 24, 2020 7:48 pm
"Aye, we might be able to find some useful information from the residents there. If... any are still alive."
May 26, 2020 7:35 am
The party makes its way out of the woods and over scrubby hills that lead down to a rocky path cut out of the steep cliffs that rise above the sea. A tumble here would spell death, but you pass through without incident, and the path veers back away from the sea to climb over the southern shoulder of hills that shelter Loton's Cove. Here, a great many cypress trees cling to the ground and bend themselves toward the sea. Though numerous, the trees do not grow close together, so there is not much cover--and near the peak you spy a figure in a brown cloak, crouched behind a cypress, clutching a short spear.
Jun 8, 2020 4:33 pm
"Should we take him out?" asks Zangua. "I can act as a distraction while the rest of you get in position."
Jun 10, 2020 4:11 pm
"Is he friend or foe, though?" Domarc asks.
Jun 10, 2020 4:36 pm
Zangua pauses. "I'm of the mind that anybody in this area we don't know is not a friend. But we can try to capture them."
Jun 10, 2020 7:32 pm
Evidently, the figure has heard your whispers. It stands to its full height -- about five feet tall. "Come no further!" says a raspy female voice. She levels the spear in your direction but starts slowly walking backwards as she speaks. "Gorham said there'd be no more of you skulking around unannounced. What are you doing here?"
Jun 16, 2020 7:53 pm
"Gorham?" Zangua repeats. "That's who I'm looking for. Which way am I supposed to go?"
Jun 18, 2020 4:21 pm
"He's at the -- wait, who are you?"
Jun 18, 2020 5:52 pm
Zangua sighs, his voice taking on the tone of a drill instructor. "If you don't know, clearly you aren't entitled to that information. What's your name?"

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Jun 18, 2020 6:47 pm
The girl cowers, holding the spear protectively across her body. "It--it's Tarlen!" she stammers. "They said I could still do my patrols! Gorham, he, he's at the house, same as...same as every...wait..." she continues to inch backwards, but her expression changes. "You're not with Gorham. You're here to kill him. You're Kells' Men!"
Jun 18, 2020 7:29 pm
Zangua turns to his companions, shrugging with an expression of, Welp, I'm out of ideas.
Jun 24, 2020 4:35 am
OOC:
I'm here, just been very busy. Settled in the new place just fine, although my old apartment keeps finding new things to charge me for weeks after I've moved out >.>

Leth aims an arrow at the woman. "We'd rather not kill anyone we don't have to, but you can test our limits if you like." He glances toward Domarc out of the corner of his eye. "Unless we have any other... non-violent solutions?"
Jun 24, 2020 4:15 pm
OOC:
Sorry guys; you'd think working from home would make this easier but somehow it isn't
Domarc smiles at the young woman, and holds a hand out towards Leth.

"Hello, Tarlen. We are no one's men but our own," Domarc says. "Our purposes here may not conflict with Gorham; we both seek to find the same thing; perhaps we can aid each other. Tell me, what do you watch for on your patrols?"
Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm
Whatever blood was left in her frightened face drains right away at Domarc's words. "Then you're not here to help us. You just want that rotten sphere."
Jun 25, 2020 4:31 am
Leth lowers his bow but keeps the arrow knocked, watching their wordsmith go to work.
Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm
"Aye Tarlen, we want the sphere. Getting it away from here is probably best for all concerned. Killing Gorham may or may not be a part of that, depending on how it all plays out."
load next

Thread locked