Chapter 2: Our Dad is on a Hunting Trip...

load previous
Apr 5, 2019 3:20 pm
Feldty pulls a tuft of fleece off his tunic, and rubs it between his fingers muttering some words with his eyes closed. In front of the giant, a 7 foot tall sheep appears and begins grazing on the ground. Carefully, Englefeldt tries to get the attention of the giant with the sheep, leading it to the drop zone.

Casting silent image as a first level spell.
16/16 HP | 10 AC
1st 2/3
Apr 5, 2019 4:02 pm
Krogir-Vaam rests his maul somewhere within reach while he holds his handaxe. He readies himself to finish the tree-chopping when the giant comes into place.
Last edited April 5, 2019 4:03 pm
Apr 5, 2019 5:09 pm
Seraphina hides in the bushes within firing range of the sheep illusion with her sling, taking Feldty's suggestion to camp away from where the tree will fall.
Apr 15, 2019 5:53 pm
The two-headed giant looks confusedly at the goat and then into each others' eyes. Shrugging, it stands up and begins to follow the huge sheep, licking its lips. It isn't too long before the giant is in position.
Apr 15, 2019 6:04 pm
Krogir-Vaam slams his axe into the cut tree, trying to send it onto the giant's head.

Rolls

Athletics? - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Apr 15, 2019 8:18 pm
Once the tree falls, if it hits the mark, Seraphina will leap out, let a wild scream fly and a stone to follow it!
OOC:
Initiative roll included.

When my turn comes about, bonus action to cast Hunter's Mark and then attack with a sling stone (Crit, 18 damage).
[ +- ] Hunter's Mark
[ +- ] Stats
Last edited April 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Rolls

initiative - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Sling attack - (1d20+8, 1d4+3, 1d6)

1d20+8 : (20) + 8 = 28

1d4+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

1d6 : (2) = 2

Crit dice - (1d4, 1d6)

1d4 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (5) = 5

Apr 18, 2019 1:43 pm
The two-headed giant looks confused as a tree falls on its heads and then a sling stone slams into the side of his head. Dazed and confused, the creature tumbles to the ground and wails in the language of giants, "Why you hurt me? What goin' on?"
Apr 18, 2019 5:12 pm
Krogir-Vaam picks up his maul and charges forward with a roar. "You's been sucking out hearts and blood!" he shouts in Giant. "Them hunters what saw you, says you... s'posed..."

KV slows his charge, ending at a stop as he rests his maul on the ground like a farmer contemplating his crops. "Wait. They never said you was the one doing it. They says they use you to keep folk away."
Apr 18, 2019 5:17 pm
The giant, bloody and bruised now, looks very confused, "Sucking out... heart and...? Me no do anything to nobody! Me live out here all by myselfs!"
Apr 18, 2019 5:29 pm
"You don't talk to the hunters over there?" Krogir-Vaam says. While he speaks in Giant, KV's body language has relaxed as though participating in casual conversation.
Apr 22, 2019 6:11 pm
The giant shakes his head, "Seen dem 'round, but we don't talk to dem!"
Apr 22, 2019 6:51 pm
"Hang on, let me get me mates," says Krogir-Vaam. He turns to Seraphina and Englefeldt, and says in Giant, "Hey! It's cool! C'mon out and chat!"
Apr 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Englefeldt comes out cautiously, not wanting to draw much attention to himself, knowing that the giant could easily turn him into a hotcake-like version of himself in an instant. He waves a hand gently.

Feldty. he says, pressing his hand to his chest.
Apr 22, 2019 8:35 pm
Seraphina scrambles out of her ambush nook (after hiding the sling, of course).

"Um, hiya there... I'm Seraphina. Sorry about bonking you with that rock..."

She is genuinely curious about this gentle giant.
Apr 22, 2019 8:42 pm
"So we got words that you was seen in the area," says Krogir-Vaam, translating to Common if necessary (or speaking in Common if the ettin can understand). "And our boss sent us out here to see if those words were true. Which they are. Uh. I guess our job's done?"
Apr 23, 2019 1:00 am
Seraphina whispers into KV's and Feldty's minds:

We're supposed to bring back his head in order to get the reward! No head, no reward!
Last edited April 23, 2019 1:00 am
Apr 23, 2019 2:14 am
"Huh. Right," says Krogir-Vaam. "I guess we're supposed to bring back a head. Since you got two of 'em, you could probably go without one, right?"
Apr 23, 2019 5:58 am
"If it wouldn't be too much trouble. We could take the ugly one!"
Apr 25, 2019 4:50 pm
The giant looks confused, "Uh... we kind of need da heads!"
Apr 25, 2019 4:56 pm
Krogir-Vaam blinks and looks confused. "Seriously? I mean, look around, how many folk you see walking around with two heads? I say get rid of one, and nobody bothers you again."

The goliath smiles, "Besides, I think you'd do better without the extra mouth to feed, if you know what I mean. Less arguing, for sure."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.