Against the Cult: Party at the Mill (1.1)

load previous
Nov 10, 2015 2:12 pm
Ogbar approaches the left door, listens for a moment and the opens the door, axe ready.

OOC: Wow, I missed a LOT. I apologize

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Nov 10, 2015 4:00 pm
Aanbo positions himself somewhere between the mill and the rising knoll. He stands with his hands clasped at his waist, within the sleeves of his robes. His bare feet knead the dirt and grass, and he breathes meditatively, mumbling a chant with each exhale.

OOC: Not sure of the scale on the map, but at best guess I'm positioning myself in the middle between the double doors and the foot of the knoll.

Rolls

Initiative (if needed) - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Nov 10, 2015 4:50 pm
Klak moves with Quest but, being a dwarf, suspects he should be in front because dwarves were made for the front line. "This will be just like the assault on the armory at Scintiliana by Fus! I should be in front." Shield and axe are at the ready. Given that Ogbar went left, Klak goes right and he will attempt to open the door. If locked or barred he will either break it down or push a dwarven-sized hole through it.

OOC: Feel free to let me know if there are rolls I need to add and I shall do.
Nov 10, 2015 7:21 pm
Durren strides towards Hochoch, his long sword slung across his back. A large tome is under his arm and he hums snatches of elvish song or practices pronunciation of a strange language as he goes. He passes under the arch of the South Gate and follows the road into a town square of sorts. He notices a smithy, a shrine to some strange god, a peddler yelling his wares, a general store, and an inn. He stands in indecision for a moment - both the general store and inn entice him - but he decides to try the inn first. He walks towards it. Looking up, he sees the sign above the door: The Inn of Eternal Rest. Strange name... he thinks. Then he ducks through the low doorway and into the relative dark of the inn.
Nov 10, 2015 7:31 pm
Here's where the group at the mill is:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B071DukoNZd1TzNBUWV6RTFUNDg

Everyone who is at the mill and hasn't already, please roll initiative.
Nov 10, 2015 7:43 pm
"I guess there's gonna be trouuuuuble."

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Nov 10, 2015 8:57 pm
I keep a steady aim, ready to fire at a moment's notice without hesitation.

Candi sent a note to spaceseeker19

Rolls

Init - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Nov 10, 2015 9:12 pm
Durren steps into the inn. The interior is dark, but he can see fine. There is a group of peasants clustered around a tall woman bending over something on a table; Durren's interest is peaked, and he steps towards the group. What happened? he asks. A man is lying on two tables pushed together as the tall woman works on his wounds. There is a long slash on his gut, and his cloths are caked with a black substance - probably his own blood. This is our town miller. He was attacked, we don't know by who. A group of adventurers just went off after them. Durren took another look at the miller. Seemed to be a good face. Durren had lost his appetite after seeing the miller, so he stepped outside for a quick look around. He was just in time to run head-on into an oncoming Kobold. The lizard cursed and pushed past him. Durren gave the reptile a dark look and was about to head back out when the Kobold cursed again and sprinted back out, almost knocking Durren over. Durren's ingrained hatred for Kobolds kicked in, and he gave the fleeing lizard another dark look. Seems to be up to something... An image of Selena passed through his head, being dragged behind two Kobold warriors. Durren looked left and right and followed the Kobold, making sure that the lizard didn't know he was following.

Rolls

Perception (just in case) - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Nov 10, 2015 9:20 pm
Klak rarely lands the first blow, but he always hits something in the end...

Rolls

Initiative for Klak - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Nov 10, 2015 9:21 pm
The Kobold continued to weave through the crowd, heading east out of town. Durren followed, ducking behind buildings to hide from the lizard, who would look around every few moments. Finally the Kobold passed out of the town and into the land beyond. Durren was forced to keep a much larger distance between himself and the reptilian anthropoid, sometimes going by only the sounds made by the Kobold's passing. The creature led a path through the woods heading toward the river. It turned north, then back east. Soon it slowed, and Durren crouched in the underbrush. The Kobold seemed to be searching for something. Then it swore again, this time in a language Durren did not understand. It began muttering, then drew a wicked-looking dagger from it's belt.

Rolls

Stealth (avoiding Kobold attention) - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Nov 10, 2015 10:49 pm
Initiative.

Rolls

initiative - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Nov 11, 2015 1:30 am
Shiztik was terribly confused. Black had told him to meet at the Mill. He'd explained it many times to Shiztik so he could understand where to go. Shiztik was sure he knew the Mill, near the big running Water and not far from the nasty surface worms' houses. He'd just been there, after all! But when he'd seen the two worms fighting, Shiztik had thought he would do Black a favor and finish the job. But the miller worm had mounted a big shaggy thing and gone away faster than Shiztik could follow! Still, Shiztik had followed, to finish the job. Black would be so proud of Shiztik!

The miller worm had gone into the buildings and Shiztik was bewildered. Was he going to be able to kill the miller worm? Shiztik had snuck into the nasty house to kill the miller worm, and another worm saw Shiztik! Shiztik couldn't believe it - how had Shiztik been seen? Shiztik is so sneaky! Normally no worm could see Shiztik! He cursed being aboveground, exposed, out of Mother Dirt, and fled. But the worm man followed, and Shiztik couldn't remember his way back to the Mill!

Shiztik headed for the big running Water, not caring whether the worm man was following in his desperation to get back to Black. Shiztik had been away for too long! Surely if he found the Water again, Shiztik could find the mill.

Shiztik came in sight of the Water again, and was thrilled when he found the Mill after a few moments of scanning the shore. He began to make his way out of the trees, but then Shiztik stopped. No! Shiztik cried, hissing in frustration. There are no trees by the Mill! This was the wrong Mill! Cursing the stupid worm men for having more than one Mill, Shiztik drew his knife, wary now of being followed again. Maybe he could find his brothers first, before the Mill...

Shiztik trots off, and Durren follows. But this time Shiztik is trying to be stealthy.
Durren, roll a Survival check to follow the kobold.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 11, 2015 1:43 am
Durren watches the Kobold as the creature hisses and converses with itself. He wishes he knew more about Kobolds - if he did, he would take the Kobold on, but they might have something which he didn't expect. He drew his sword and waited for further developments.

OOC: I think I need to roll a History check to try to decearn things about the Kobold, correct? I also need to roll something to make sure the sword doesn't make too much noise...

Rolls

History - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Stealth (? To keep my sword silent) - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Nov 11, 2015 1:56 am
Durren remembers elven lessons about humanoid reptiles from the demi-plane of shadow, who organized a revolt against the gods and invaded the world eons ago, until they were driven back by the combined might of elves and eladrin.

Could kobolds be the mortal descendants of those dread extra-planar creatures? Durren can't recall, and the kobold is vanishing into the shadows beneath the trees. Completely silently, Durren draws his blade and moves to follow.

Durren, roll a Survival check to follow the kobold.
Nov 11, 2015 2:01 am
Durren slides through the brush after the Kobold, his sword drawn. He pulls his hood up over his head and concentrates on the weaving, ducking creature quickly disappearing in front of him.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Nov 11, 2015 2:15 am
Ogbar and Klak smash open their respective doors with little resistance.
Xana rushes through the doors behind Ogbar, and Quest rushes in behind Klak.
Each pair finds itself in a separate room.

The room on the left is the actual mill; it is filled with the sound of grinding grain from the giant stones rubbing against one another in the center of the room. The rest of the room is very cluttered, filled with vertical and horizontal pipes, gears, staircases, a trio of men wrestling, stairs leading up, stairs leading down, a door to the left, a door to the right (between the staircases) and a closed trap door between you and the millwheel. The whole confused scene flickers with the alternating shadow and light of the millwheel, spinning outside the open window in the back.

The room on the right appears to be the sales room; two long tables serving as counters with chairs behind them frame the entranceway; a half-open window to the right lets in some illumination, with another open window looking out over the river to the back. Under that window are a row of barrels and stacks of sacks next to a giant hopper and two vertical pipes. A closed door is on the left wall, and there are four grim men here. Two are running to get behind the table on the right, while the other two flip their table on the left over, making a bit of cover for themselves.

Sara can see little inside the Mill, but she can take her ambuscade action now. She can rush into one set of doors behind the others and then act (move and action), she can roll perception with DISADV to peer inside the Mill first, or she can, of course, do something else.

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Candi
Aanbo and Thacogygax have heard all the interactions so far, and see the four party members enter.

Following that, this is the initiative order for the first round:
Aanbo (16)
Xana (15)
Thacogygax (12)
Ogbar (9)
Klak (8)
Quest (6)
Sara (5)

Ogbar and Xana, please roll perception checks.
Nov 11, 2015 3:00 am
I scan the room for anything of interest. "No welcoming party? Well, I guess we'll have to do the welcoming then, won't we?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Nov 11, 2015 3:31 am
Ogbar takes in the view of the room before entering.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 11, 2015 7:52 am
Here's the inside of the mill:
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B071DukoNZd1aVdieFo1eGY3V0E
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.