Against the Cult: Party at the Mill (1.1)

load previous
Nov 25, 2015 3:21 am
Durren heaves on the door again...

If I get the door open, then I leap through and try to get to Shalla. If I don't, then I will attempt to drive my sword through the trap - whatever I need to roll for that. If Xana blew the door open then I will jump through the door and attempt to help the lady.
Last edited November 25, 2015 3:26 am

Rolls

Strength + Guidance bonus - (1d10+5, 1d4)

1d10+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

1d4 : (3) = 3

Nov 25, 2015 3:29 am
OOC: I'm going to roll my two-handed damage roll with disadvantage, or should I roll a cleave through? Either way - if I should roll attack with disadvantage. If I should use cleave, use the first roll. If I need to roll something else instead, please let me know!

Rolls

Attack - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Cleave Through/Damage roll #1 - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Damage roll #2 (in case of disadvantaged roll) - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Nov 25, 2015 7:35 am
I twist in the air and try to make the best of a bad situation, curling into a ball and trying to roll onto the roof instead of crash into it.

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Nov 26, 2015 12:32 am
ROUND SEVEN

Xana, Morgran and Quest (who are all upstairs) have been watching and conversing with Durren, at the top of the ladder, as he grunts and strains, trying to lift the trap door above him at an angle from the ladder. He gives up, draws his ornate sword, and drives it savagely through the trap door. There is a scream of shock and pain.

On the roof, Sara slaps the roof thatch, tucks into a roll, and manages to stop herself before dropping off the edge of the roof. She stands up, relieved...

...and falls through the thatch into the attic space below. By the light of of the windows (and the hole in the roof), she has a quick glimpse of room dominated by a cluster of noisily thumping pipes and gears, a man standing on the trapdoor, and a bound person on the ground. Sara and the man exchange a look of surprise, and then a sword blade skewers the man's foot from below and he shrieks.

END OF ROUND SEVEN
Nov 26, 2015 12:39 am
ROUND EIGHT

Keb, battered, bewildered and beaten, sits by the north door of the mill. A group of terrified and demoralized thugs cowers on the stairs to the basement (one of them has fainted). It doesn't help that a man they knew, driven insane by his brush with Terrible Darkness, babbles incoherently in the basement. Someone is bound in the attic, and the only remaining fighting thug any of you sees is in the attic with Sara, Durren's sword through his right foot from below.

- Aanbo (ground floor)
- Thacogygax (ground floor)
- in the attic
- Xana (second floor)
- Ogbar (ground floor)
- Klak (ground floor)
- Quest (second floor)
- Sara (attic)
- Morgren (second floor)
- Durren (second floor)
Nov 26, 2015 1:06 am
Klak resolutely stands guard, glowering at the staff-wielding thugs. Someone up the chain can deal with talking to them when the time comes.
Nov 26, 2015 1:13 am
Durren will yank his sword out, and wait for whatever Sara does before continuing.
Nov 26, 2015 2:21 am
Aanbo sees that the warriors have the thugs below contained, and figures the nimble ones are upstairs handling the hostage situation. He decides to return to Keb and watch over him, making sure no one decides to use him as another prisoner.
Nov 26, 2015 3:28 am
Quest shouts to the man in the attic, "Stand down and this can still end well for you!"
Nov 26, 2015 6:01 pm
I'm going to jump ahead to Sara, as she's the only one in sight of an opponent. The rest of you can chime in how you like. Sara can do a persuasion or intimidation with ADV, considering both Durren's sword and Quest's call as effectively help actions.

Between the shrieking, cackling laughter and sobbing coming from the basement (which honestly is making everyone in the mill uneasy) and the agonized death screams that were cut off just a few moments ago, the guy in the attic is absolutely terrified. Weeping, he has reverted to a childish belief that if he just keeps the door shut he'll be safe from the monsters. And now his foot is bleeding profusely and someone has crashed through the roof, almost on top of him! The thug is fully in flight-or-fight mode, and could go either way, based on Sara's actions (or the actions of anyone else who can influence him further).
Nov 26, 2015 6:54 pm
Scrambling to my feet, I draw my blade and point it at him, "surrender"
Last edited November 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Rolls

Initmidation - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Advantage - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Nov 27, 2015 7:21 pm
Durren yells in Imperial up to Sara through the trap door. "Tell the imbecile to get off the trap door so I can get it open. If he doesn't feel helpful just remind him - my sword can go through the door again, and I'll see if I can do more than skewer his foot the next time..."
Nov 27, 2015 8:03 pm
Morgran rolls his eyes and re-casts guidance in case it is needed!
Nov 27, 2015 8:32 pm
Aanbo takes this opportunity to try and glean any information from Keb, not only to learn what has transpired, but hopefully to take his mind off the immediate threat.

"What happened here, friend?" Aanbo asks, calmly. The monk places a reassuring hand on Keb's shoulder.
Nov 27, 2015 8:46 pm
The thug in the attic is terrified. With a shriek, he runs to the open window and leaps out of it, choosing perhaps that a long drop if preferable to death kicking on the end of a sword. Sara hears the shriek cut off with a crunch as his body hits the ground outside, two floors down. There is a bound body near her.

Durren has been shoving on the trap door, then he heard a huge crash and thud, some muffled words, and a shriek. The weight is removed from the trap door suddenly, and it flies open. Durren blinks in surprise to see Sara in the attic before him.

Keb tells Aanbo: "This man talked to me in town, at the Cube, and I told him about Shalla and my job and everything. Then, later at home, some men grabbed Shalla and me and told me they'd..." His story is interrupted by a shriek and a thud of a body landing outside the western door. Everyone in the mill room can see the crumpled body of a person lying there.

Rolls

DM roll - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Falling damage - (2d6)

(43) = 7

Nov 27, 2015 9:12 pm
Aanbo glances over his shoulder at the body, then turns back to Keb. "I think she's safe now," he says, casually. "What were you saying?"
Nov 27, 2015 10:02 pm
I sheathe my blade and untie the woman, then check her condition.
Nov 28, 2015 1:23 am
Durren acknowledges Sara with a quick nod and steps into the attic. The ranger is busy untying the woman who had been left on the floor, so Durren runs to the window to see the fallen man. The man is lying on the ground for now - Durren slides his elder blade into its sheath on his back and runs down to the bottom floor to try to catch the man before he can escape. Hopefully, some information as to the reason for the attack can be gleaned from him.

OOC: If I can't go up and then back down, then I'll skip the going up all together and just go down.
Nov 28, 2015 3:18 am
Once the danger is over, I set my sights on finding anything of value (money, stuff, important documents maybe?) on the bodies. It's not like they'll need their stuff anymore, amiright?

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Nov 28, 2015 3:31 am
Quest goes to the side of the bound woman to make sure she is alright. He questions her telepathically to learn what he can about her ordeal.

What happened to you? Who are all of these people and what were they doing here?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.