Part 1: Goblin Arrows

load previous
Nov 5, 2015 5:13 pm
"Traps? No! No more traps!" the goblin squeaks in response.
Nov 5, 2015 5:45 pm
While the goblin is being questioned, I mentally map out the area while looking for any other weapons or arrows I can reclaim.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Nov 5, 2015 6:05 pm
The goblin is all too eager to please and ends up drawing a rudimentary map for you of the next room over where they are keeping the hooman.

Xora is able to find a couple dozen badly made arrows and some slightly spoiled food as well as some spears, javelins, and a couple poorly made swords. She is also able to recover one of her arrows from Klarg's corpse.
Nov 5, 2015 6:13 pm
Kama studies the map to acquire his bearings within the cavern network, mentally placing (as best he can) the location and direction of their next move. Once satisfied with the result, Kama changes the topic.

"You've been busy," he says to Fizbin. He fixes the goblin with a stare. "You said the dwarf is at the 'castle with king boss.' Who is King Boss and where is the castle?" Kama indicates another map ought to be drawn, if need be.
Nov 5, 2015 6:28 pm
"Who king boss? King Grol is king boss, he live in castle dat way! Far, far, in woods! " he says, pointing in a direction, which you know to be northeast. You also know that Neverwinter Wood lies in that direction.
Nov 5, 2015 6:42 pm
"Why was the dwarf taken there?" asks Kama, "while the human remained here?" Something seems odd; why would the pair be split up if this was just a goblin raid? And talk of affiliation with a castle some distance away means a level of organization.
Nov 5, 2015 7:20 pm
Hollow looks reluctantly at the potion bottle in her hand then winces when one of the wolves shifts on the ground next to her and causes her to move the wrong way. She uncorks the botte and downs the potion with a grimace.
"Can this stuff spoil? It tastes awful."
A moment later she stiffens and shivers, then a relaxed euphoric look takes over her expression. The potion works at least. Once the magic has run its course she gingerly rises to her feet and take a few steps. The wolves follow her and she pats them on the head between the ears.
"Thanks fel...doggies. That was a much needed assist their , for my part."
Turning to Xora, "And thank you. I will try to be more careful next time someone is shooting at me."
Last edited November 5, 2015 7:23 pm

Rolls

Potion - (2d4+2)

(24) + 2 = 8

Nov 5, 2015 7:30 pm
"Sounds like this Yeemik person has got Sildar captive. Do we want to try to have Fizbin help us negotiate, or do we just want to do a frontal assault again?"
Wish puts more wood on the fire, then stands up.
"Sildar might know a bit more about what happened to Gundren."
Nov 5, 2015 7:35 pm
Fizbin thinks for a moment, "King boss send message. Say Black Spider pay us to steal dwarf. He sent to Castle now," he pauses for a moment, "why do a spider pay for dwarf, me not know."
Nov 5, 2015 7:42 pm
Huh. So King Boss has a boss.

"What is King Boss? Another bugbear?" Kama asks Fizbin.
Last edited November 5, 2015 7:42 pm
Nov 5, 2015 8:09 pm
"So this spider thing wanted dwarves for some reason, but not humans? Wait - Fizbin, did you say you were paid to steal that ONE dwarf, or ALL dwarves?"
Last edited November 5, 2015 8:09 pm
Nov 5, 2015 8:37 pm
"Yeah, yeah, King boss is big buggybare!" He responds to Kama and then to Wish, "Just dis dwarf, I think!"
Nov 5, 2015 8:43 pm
Kama tries to mask his worry. This is turning out to be bigger than just a mere delivery. Well, Xora should be happy at this turn of events.

He glances at Wish and raises his eyebrows, an expression of unspoken concern for the group's benefactor. Then he turns further as he hears conversation from the previously-unconscious Hollow, and nods at her improved condition.

Finally, Kama turns back to Fizbin. "Yeemik. A goblin?" The half-orc is obviously trying to learn as much as possible about the impending confrontation.
Nov 5, 2015 10:49 pm
Fizbin nods enthusiastically, "Stinky, smelly goblin!"
Nov 5, 2015 11:04 pm
"As opposed to the sweetly aromatic ones, I suppose."
Nov 5, 2015 11:05 pm
Fizbin looks confused at Wish's remark, "Huh?" He says stupidly.
Nov 6, 2015 1:02 am
Kama's line of questioning has been satisfied, for the moment. With a final nod, he stands and walks over to Hollow and her hounds, to check on her condition.

"I'm thinking it will result in a direct confrontation," Kama says to Wish, though it is also addressed to the group. "This Yeemik and the rest of his horde won't be inclined to negotiate, even with little Fizbin. You saw how they greeted us here." He eyes the javelins that Xora found, thinking they will come in handy when the group has to assault the room.

Kama returns to where he left Klarg's head. "However, we might be able to shake their resolve and swing the odds in our favor with a little... persuasion."
Nov 6, 2015 1:55 am
"What do you have in mind?"
Nov 6, 2015 2:53 am
Wish is so frustrated at not being able to see in the dark.
"I like what you're thinking, Kama - tossing the head in at them to disturb and enrage them? Or were you thinking something else?"
Wish turns to the tiefling.
"Hollow, can you make magical light? If we don't have light, Xora and I aren't going to be able to help much..."
He then ponders for a moment.
"Let's see...we could either have one of us run in with a torch or magical light, so that those of us with ranged weapons can see targets, or we could set up an ambush and use the head and some taunts to draw them out."

The genasi considers the scratched map again.
"If we could climb that slope and then draw them down toward the bridge, we could attack from both sides...or, if we don't want to climb it, Kama could knock them down the slope and someone at the bottom could attack them when they fell."

(OoC: Was there enough light from the cave mouth that those of us without darkvision would be able to see at the bottom of that slope without a torch?)
Last edited November 6, 2015 2:56 am
Nov 6, 2015 3:22 am
"The best I can do is start a small fire...camp fire at the largest, but it needs fuel. everything else in my arsenel is flashy, but quick, not useful for what you are needing Wish."
load next

Thread locked