Character Creation

load previous
May 6, 2016 1:19 am
Pretty much, only the enemy will see the path you took during a teleport. A spell like Blink will prevent them seeing the eventual end point.
Jun 4, 2016 11:44 am
Corril's rolls and stats
13, 12, 12, 12, 9, 12
:( this is boring, it'll be standard array + half-elf
I used max hp at level, half of that later
I'd like a leather jacket off mission, light-duty vest on mission
two automatic pistols (or do we have SMGs?) for weapons
a tablet to interface with stuff, including loudspeakers for music
Last edited June 4, 2016 12:04 pm

Rolls

stat - (4d6)

(4633) = 16

stat - (4d6)

(1165) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(2641) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(5251) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(3242) = 11

stat - (4d6)

(6151) = 13

trinket - (1d100)

(74) = 74

Jun 4, 2016 12:34 pm
How can he drive? Is there a skill for that?
Jun 4, 2016 1:39 pm
Much like the base game there is proficiency with land vehicles, though there isn't a specific stat for it. Generally driving would probably be considered dexterity, but it depends on a specific situation.

As far as guns there are SMGs.

Here is the full wiki for the world.

In particular I would read the combat page to understand how proficiency with guns works. Combat Wiki. Bards have proficiency with sidearms.

Lastly is the weapon page here. It will show what weapons are in this world as far as firearms go.
Jun 4, 2016 3:38 pm
so it's undercover vest and no SMG for Flatdew (his stage name)
Jun 4, 2016 3:48 pm
You can use an SMG you just won't be able to properly aim it and get the bonus from proficiency.
Jun 4, 2016 3:53 pm
no, two pistols are cool
Do we have any feats by level 3?
Jun 4, 2016 4:15 pm
I think the crunch and character details are done. If they're all ok, I'll write up his background.
Jun 5, 2016 1:52 am
Lemme double check source book on the feats quick. It still follows the standard progression.
Jun 5, 2016 1:55 am
It looks like fourth level is the first chance for skill improvement/feat. Whichever you want to choose. I may add in feats for weapon Proficiencies in case people want to learn their way into a new weapon proficiency. I could even just make it a generic "Weapons Training" feat that lets you add a new firearms proficiency.
Jun 7, 2016 8:03 pm
I've levelled up.
Background story and personality coming soon.
Jun 12, 2016 7:13 am
I've posted something but can't go into much detail until I see Greenvoid's character. But no pressure! :-)
Jun 16, 2016 8:19 pm
@greenvoid: How is the character coming? If you have enough to RP off you can join in for now while you hammer out the background.
Jun 20, 2016 7:35 pm
So, I'm back. Bad HDD, very bad HDD. It's been scrapped.

Corril was always the friendly guy in the hood, and most kids liked him, and quite a few girls fell in love him now and then. He got used to this and feels weird when there isn't at least one person paying attention to him for more than a few minutes.
Part of his social life and a reason for his success was being a DJ. Everyone wanted to on good terms with him -- getting a DJ to put on that song (that HE or SHE loves so much) is a big advantage. He used his popularity to make many connections and to listen to stories. He loves stories and people like to be listened to.

After and unfortunate accident in the factory his mother worked at (and was said to be involved), the family moved to the Dalelands and they still live there. However, Corril definitely did not like the sleepy community there, and at the first oppurtunity he moved back to San Waterdeep.

He got work as a Dj in a club, but a regular job -- even something this close to his liking -- was not for him. It was too repetitive (same crowd, same music), not flexible enough to allow him the social life he wanted, so he quit after a few months. Since then he's been doing odd jobs for a living always just making enough to float, but not enough to really improve his lifestyle.

Not long ago, a cousin of his father's recommended him to hook up with an upcoming team of runners. He liked the idea immediately, and when he learned that family (Kessel) is on the team, he said yes and is eager to be on his first 'serious' run.

Any thoughts?
Last edited June 20, 2016 7:37 pm
Jun 20, 2016 7:38 pm
I like it. The rookie being called up to the big leagues. Sounds good to me. :)
Jun 21, 2016 7:55 pm
Can we call him 'kid'?
Jun 21, 2016 7:58 pm
You can call him whatever you want, just don't call him late for dinner?
Jun 21, 2016 8:00 pm
...and stop calling me Shirley.
Jul 4, 2016 7:41 pm
Note: I think we leveled to 4, right? So +2 to an attribute and 2 more spells for me (from levels 1 and 2 - to a total of 12 spells known).

Mack will take +2 to INT (16 -> 18).

Mack will also learn: Scorching Ray, Shatter. Memorized spells updated wiht (M) in my character sheet.
Jul 5, 2016 12:50 pm
Sounds like good choices and ones you may soon find useful. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.