Character Creation

load previous
Nov 7, 2015 3:37 am
Just looked it over. Looks good to me. Great backstory detail. I should have a first post up and may split the threads up into sections or chapters as we go. I also hope Mack has a signature cowboy hat. :)
Nov 7, 2015 3:38 am
As to locations -- not too far from the docks is good. As a smuggler, I probably have to figure out how to move things around. Or did anyway.
Nov 7, 2015 3:41 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Just looked it over. Looks good to me. Great backstory detail. I should have a first post up and may split the threads up into sections or chapters as we go. I also hope Mack has a signature cowboy hat. :)
Mack looks askance. Don't touch the hat please -- it's... sentimental.
Nov 8, 2015 3:59 pm
Alright, busy weekend sorry I haven't posted sooner. I should have our first post up tonight hopefully.
Nov 9, 2015 5:28 am
Alright, the game is up, have at it!
Nov 9, 2015 6:47 am
Oops, we've started and I haven't gotten around to finalizing my gear! Should get on that before I post.
Nov 9, 2015 12:09 pm
Oh yeah. Feel free to wrap up those details. :)
Nov 9, 2015 1:04 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Leather armor = leather jacket (11+Dex)? Or Light Undercover Shirt (11+Dex, DR/2 ballistic)?
The latter is preferable but since I'm equipping Kessel with the standard starting equipment packages I'm converting from standard issue leather armor.
Nov 9, 2015 2:13 pm
I'll go ahead and give you the light undercover shirt. Anyone else who would normally start with leather armor can do the same.
Nov 9, 2015 3:14 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I'll go ahead and give you the light undercover shirt. Anyone else who would normally start with leather armor can do the same.
Cool! Thanks! Ok, I'm all set. Do we have a name for our NPC handler yet?
Nov 9, 2015 3:17 pm
We do not at this point. First one to say it names them. :)
Nov 9, 2015 3:27 pm
Phantom Nimbus, the sexy A.I. Like a female Jarvis, she also controls our hideout's security systems and operates the machinery in the workshop. :-D

Or Tymora, named after ancient Faerun's goddess of good fortune, skill, victory, adventurers.

Is an A.I. okay or would you guys prefer an actual person?
Last edited November 9, 2015 6:40 pm
Nov 9, 2015 4:40 pm
My vote would lean towards an actual person, but really I'm okay with either. I think they each have their pros and cons.
Nov 9, 2015 7:33 pm
Bah, should have said. my phantom nimbus character isn't your handler. Just a helper AI. Mostly so I can have a nicer picture when narrating the game, but also so I can logically interject anything if need be. :)

I'll let your group come up with who the actual handler is. Sounds like a person may be nice.
Nov 9, 2015 7:36 pm
Oops! I'll edit my post.
Nov 9, 2015 7:40 pm
Also edited my post to refer to PHANTOM.Nimbus as an A.I. helper. I've gone ahead and named our handler Tymora. Whether she's a person or A.I. is still open. Yeah maybe a person, since half the team is already robots! :-D
Last edited November 9, 2015 7:41 pm
Nov 9, 2015 7:46 pm
I'll suggest a grease-monkey as our handler and resident mechanic. If a class is needed, a Cleric under the City Domain. I can make up a backstory, but for now perhaps this avatar might work:
http://orig00.deviantart.net/3298/f/2014/013/c/5/field_doctor_female_by_alexpascenko-d722zn1.jpg
Nov 9, 2015 7:51 pm
I like her! :-)
Nov 10, 2015 12:51 am
I really do see our NPC, Tymora, as a cleric, and I'm not just saying it because we don't have one in the party. Reading over the City Domain, it seems perfect that the person who finds us work would be someone that has a connection to the workings of the city itself and the people within. I can see Tymora as being a bit neutral in regards to laws, preferring to help the common citizenry with their needs, with little regard to whether or not it's legal. I also see her as good, at least up to a certain point.

I don't see her as a combatant. She'd be proficient enough in a sidearm to defend herself and can drive, but she'd leave the wetwork to the PCs. Not sure what skills would count for being able to repair vehicles and machinery, but repairs seems akin to healing so the Cleric role fits nicely there, too.

Tymora would be like our team mom. Not in the sense of telling us to wash behind our ears or making sure we eat our veggies, but rather like someone that works to keep the team together and functioning cohesively. She could have been the one that brought the team together, whether through online or in-person recruitment. At least that way, we all share a bond.

Maybe she doesn't always meet face-to-face with prospective clients, and gets work through anonymous message boards. Or, she does have face-to-face meetings, which could range from back-alley rendezvous, slipped notes at a bar, or a small room separated by a barrier like a confessional. Perhaps she brings Kessel or Mack to these meetings as backup.

She might even leave out a plate of oranges for us when we get back from work.
Nov 11, 2015 3:20 am
Alright, I'm rolling up the NPC tonight.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.