Chapter Two: The Hippocampus on the Cracked Lintel

load previous
Jan 28, 2016 3:12 pm
Are we anticipating finding a guide who knows how to get to the Badgerways and navigate the passages? They don't sound like something any non-weirdo would be familiar with, apart from their location alone.

Also, do our characters know what changelings are?
Jan 28, 2016 4:34 pm
You could probably find your way into the Badgerways on your own. The trick will be figuring out where Zora was trying to go and what path she would have taken.

You all would know "changelings" as a catch-all term for shapeshifters, lycanthropes, faerie folk, etc.
Jan 28, 2016 5:09 pm
We've done well so far by seeking out people who may have knowledge of Zora, rather than going directly for her location, and that's why I still think we head to Grine's Knot to see who she was trying to hire and why. If I'm outvoted, so be it, and we can head right for the Badgerways.

Either way let's leave ASAP, so we can either get to the river in the morning to hire a boat first thing or get to Grine's Knot before nightfall tomorrow. No one needs a long rest to memorize spells or heal, do they?
Last edited January 28, 2016 5:09 pm
Jan 28, 2016 6:44 pm
On that note, how about a quick vote on 1) walk to Grine's Knot vs 2) take a boat directly to the Badgerways? Nobody needs rest for spells/healing.
Jan 28, 2016 7:03 pm
Zangua does not add his vote, seeing nothing wrong with either option. He will accompany the party in whatever direction it chooses to go.
Jan 29, 2016 1:14 am
I'm fine with stopping over in Grine's Knot.
Jan 29, 2016 6:07 am
I feel like we could get some more info if we go to grine's knot... but taking the boat would go with our cover story we told Adan. If he finds out we didn't take the boat, it would give him more of a reason to try and find out where we're going and what we're doing... but at this point that may already be moot. So I guess I'm voting for Grine's Knot.
Jan 29, 2016 4:59 pm
If Grine's Knot is the plan, would the party leave immediately or first thing in the morning? Does anybody have any other questions for Patlen?
Jan 29, 2016 10:34 pm
Would we suffer any negative effects for leaving right now? We only got one hour of sleep, right?
Last edited January 29, 2016 10:34 pm
Jan 30, 2016 12:04 am
Yeah, and Felor got 0 sleep. You might be penalized for fatigue if you get into a combat situation before you have a chance to properly rest, but you'll have to weight that against other concerns of course...
Jan 30, 2016 12:34 am
Does Patlen have any bright ideas about a quick way to get to Grine's Knot? Maybe a brewer with a large wagon we can hire to drive us there through the night while we sleep in the back?

I'd rather get to Grine's Knot as soon as possible and then rest once we are there, in case someone there has info that is time-sensitive.
Jan 30, 2016 12:36 am
Happy to go to Grine's Knot if that's the consensus.
Jan 30, 2016 12:46 am
Patlen doesn't know about that wagon idea but offers that the village horses are stabled at Knuckle Merklin's house at the west end of the village. There's also Headlee, six miles down the road, which is a larger village and might have more vehicle-for-hire options.
Jan 30, 2016 1:00 pm
Just as an idea: if we waiting until morning (and that counted as a long rest), I could use Detect Magic on the gold pieces from Adan. I don't have Dispel Magic though.
I think heading to Headlee to see if we can hire a cart to Grine's Knot might be a good idea but it may be better to wait until morning for that (everyone at the village will be asleep).
Jan 30, 2016 5:16 pm
Vad is in pretty good shape, rest wise, so can leave whenever everyone else is ready to go, although it does sounds like Felor (at least) needs proper rest to ensure he's in fighting shape. Vad's main objective remains in locating Zora as soon as possible.
Jan 30, 2016 9:34 pm
Headlee is on the way to Grine's Knot, so you wouldn't lose any time by passing through it. Barring any objections, I'm gonna assume you guys are going to rest until dawn, cast Detect Magic on the gold, and head out on the road. Sound good?
Jan 31, 2016 1:26 am
OK by me.
Last edited January 31, 2016 1:26 am
Jan 31, 2016 2:53 am
With an apparent plan and timeline in place, Zangua returns to his room to tuck himself into a corner and sleep.
load next

Thread locked