Chapter Two: The Hippocampus on the Cracked Lintel

load previous
Nov 6, 2015 1:26 am
Nah. Leth will just do what I described in my pre-emptive post ;)
Basically if Young Fang tries to attack anyone, and succeeds, Leth will then immediately shoot his arrow at him.
Last edited November 6, 2015 2:10 am
Nov 9, 2015 5:41 pm
Gonna assume Shamush is going with "wait and see" for now...

Fox Face glares at his human companions and starts to shake and slap One-Eye awake while Young Fang lurches towards Vad, swinging his weighted chain at him...

EDIT: The flanged weight clips Vad's shoulder for 3 damage.

EDIT 2: And, of course, Leth looses his readied arrow, which catches Young Fang just below the ribs.

Rolls

Young Fang flail attack vs Vad - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Flail damage, if applicable - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Nov 9, 2015 5:42 pm
New round, same order: Mordred, Zangua, Felor, Vad, Leth, Shamush, Fox Face, Young Fang, One-Eye.
Nov 9, 2015 6:32 pm
Eager to end this violence before the group in the barn joins the fray, Mordred decides to attempt some trickery. He makes a few subtle gestures with his fingers...

Mordred casts Thaumaturgy and creates the sound of a group of well-armored horsemen approaching down the path.

He shouts, "Get out while you can, villains. You'll find the main strength of this battalion much harder to deal with than the scouts." He then slinks closer through the underbrush, getting as close to the barn as possible while remaining hidden.

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Nov 9, 2015 7:25 pm
Zangua remains behind cover. He mentally notes the back door and the distance between, as well as the location of his pack and the cookpot. When the time comes for a quick retreat, Zangua wants to be ready to get everything and escape.
Nov 9, 2015 9:21 pm
Bleeding and breathing fast through his open mouth, Young Fang drops to a crouch, wide-eyed, at the sound of illusory hoofbeats. After a split second of hesitation, he pivots and starts running back towards the cornfield.

Zangua and Shamush, you don't hear the hoofbeats; presumably Fox Face and One-Eye don't either. They certainly don't react to it.
Nov 9, 2015 9:27 pm
Shamush looks impressed at the arcane display, but also impressed at Young Fang as he barrels ahead, magical frostbite be damned. He remains behind his shield, watching events unfold. His free hand reaches back to brush the hand of his ugly club for reassurance.

Sorry, was out of town this weekend. Hope I didn't hold anything up.
Nov 9, 2015 9:31 pm
(To be clear, if anyone wants to catch up to Young Fang, you won't have much difficulty doing so: he's limping from the first arrow and still under the slowing effects of the frost.)
Nov 10, 2015 10:17 am
Felor continues to approach the barn, but doesn't take any further action now that the dog-man who was attacking Vad has fled.

Guessing I'm still ~30 feet from the barn now?

[edited based on the fact I can reach Vad]

Felor reaches Vad outside the barn and takes up a defensive stance next to his companion, with his shield raised and spear readied.

Use a Help action to assist Vad attacking Fox Face - gives Vad's first attack roll against FF Advantage.
Last edited November 10, 2015 6:52 pm
Nov 10, 2015 4:46 pm
Yeah, thereabouts. You can more or less get to Vad's position on this turn.
Nov 10, 2015 6:39 pm
OK, going to change my turn slightly in that case.
Nov 10, 2015 10:57 pm
Nodding in appreciation to Leth's help Vad retrieves his crossbow and fires a bolt towards Fox Face.

Rolls

Attack Roll (w/ advantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

1d20+4 : (15) + 4 = 19

Damage - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Nov 10, 2015 11:39 pm
Fox Face has just finished shaking One-Eye awake and is trying to pull him back to cover when Vad's bolt strikes him in the arm, eliciting a high sharp yelp of pain.

Leth and Shamush, you're up!
Nov 11, 2015 4:14 am
Shamush snorts and yells after Young Fang, "It is a shame that Zangua and I aren't part of your pack anymore, old chum!" He shakes his head. "Maybe we could have helped you with..." He pauses and looks towards the strangers, and it occurs to him to ask, yelling, "Who are you people, anyhow?"
Nov 11, 2015 5:24 am
Can our party hear what Shamush has said about not being in their pack?
Nov 11, 2015 6:52 am
Quote:
"Who are you people, anyhow?"
"Contrary to appearances," Leth yells out, a new arrow drawn and waving back and forth as he glances around the field and continues to move towards the barn. "We're actually just travelers looking for overnight shelter, not really looking to hurt anyone. I'm just as confused as you!" He finishes and looks over at Vad.
"What's going on? What did you see? Were you attacked first?"

Leth will hold his action for the time being. He'll be ready do persuasion or intimidation to try and stop the fighting if those in the barn try to attack them again... (can I ready a persuasion check? Idk how that works hahaha)
Last edited November 11, 2015 7:16 am
Nov 11, 2015 7:01 am
Fox Face and One-Eye stand on either side of the barn door. "Yes, try to lure them in," Fox Face whispers to Shamush. He raises his war-pick, poised to strike. One-Eye, still groggy, mirrors him.

New round, same order...
Nov 11, 2015 1:35 pm
Mordred approaches the barn quietly, circling around to see if there are other doors or windows.

I can use Dash as my extra action to move twice my speed, but I won't do that if it compromises my Stealth check below. I want to remain hidden above all, so if it's impossible to make it to the rear of the barn and back while staying hidden - not necessarily this turn, but eventually - let me know and I'll alter my plan.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Nov 11, 2015 4:59 pm
Zangua remains where he is, and continues to Hide. He watches Shamush (and the cookpot) for cues on when to act.
load next

Thread locked