Chapter 1, Day 3: Skull Gorge Bridge

load previous
Nov 30, 2015 3:10 am
"Corban! Wait!" Zaris yells as he scrambles up the stairs, wand in hand. Sprinting, he does his best to close the distance between the two of them.
Nov 30, 2015 8:27 am
Pawetha's dagger deflects harmless off of the dragon's scales... the hobgoblin tries to evade the attack, but his forward momentum works against him and he barrels into the blade. The sword slices up the straps of his armour at his side, leaving a thin trail of blood and unsettling his chest plate.

Zaris reaches the top of the stairs behind Corban, his shouting alerting the hobgoblin archer at the top of the tower who spins around and see's the two of them at the top of the stairs.
Nov 30, 2015 12:20 pm
I test out my spiked gauntlets, immediately slamming into the hobgoblin that attacked me. Then, with my other hand I stab at him with my dagger.

Rolls

Spiked Gauntlet Damage - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Attack - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Damage? - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Nov 30, 2015 1:47 pm
Xara slams the hobgoblin in the face with her spiked gauntlet, and the creature falls to the ground - dead. She turns to the one beside her and stabs at him with her dagger, but it deflects off of his chain shirt.

Jorr lets fly another arrow which strikes the hell hound harassing Kaiakas in the shoulder.

That's a kill with the gauntlet reaction, and a miss with the attack. Still up: Warklegnaw, Corban, Rurik, Kaiakas, Zaris has an action (move was used getting to the top of the tower)
Nov 30, 2015 9:24 pm
"Corban! Wait for me!" Zaris yells as he reaches the top of the stairs. His expression turns to one of panic as he sees the hobgoblin turning towards them, bow in hand. The wizard points his wand at the creature and conjures the thought process necessary to unleash the darts of energy.

Rolls

magic missile #1 - (1d4+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

magic missile #2 - (1d4+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

magic missile #3 - (1d4+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Dec 1, 2015 8:10 am
The three bolts unerringly strike the hobgoblin archer, who stumbles backwards before toppling off the top of the tower into the chasm below.
Dec 3, 2015 2:45 pm
Corban will jump as the missiles fly past him into the hobgoblin. After advancing to the side of the tower he'll pop a shot at the hobgoblin in the opposite tower with his crossbow.

Rolls

Attack with crossbow - (1D20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Dec 4, 2015 9:01 am
The bolt strikes the tower, missing its target. Warknlegnaw lumbers up behind Xara and Kaiakas, and using his incredible reach, slams his club, which is the size of a small tree, into the hell hound harassing Xara.

Rurik and Kaiakas are up
Dec 4, 2015 12:36 pm
"Thanks, buddy!" I knew there was a reason I brought the big guy with us!
Dec 4, 2015 2:13 pm
I stand utterly contemptuous of the dragon and its underlings. I look at the hellhound trying to nip at me and point at it unleashing another blast of energy,heedless of what it might try to do to me in return.

Rolls

Attack roll - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Damage - (1d10)

(9) = 9

Disadvantage attack roll - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Dec 5, 2015 1:51 am
Satisfied with the crunch of my new gauntlets on the now-dead hobgoblin, I draw away from it quick-like and head towards the one harassing Kaiakas.

OOC: Using bonus action to disengage.
Dec 7, 2015 9:57 am
Rurik's blast flies over the hellhounds head. He finds it hard to aim with the beast pressuring him.

Xara steps back from the hobgoblin and moves over to support Kaiakas.
Dec 7, 2015 10:07 am
The hobgoblin Xara disengaged from runs towards the bridge, and stands in the relative safety between the two towers. The goblin captain swings his greatsword at Pawetha in two cleaving arcs. She ducks under the first one, but it struck by the flat of the blade as she tries to evade the second cleave (8 Damage to Pawetha). The burst of aggression, however, leaves the captain relatively unprepared to defend himself and open to attack (Attacks on Captain have Advantage).

The two hobgoblins Rurik had commanded regain control of themselves, get to their feet and collect their swords from the ground. The remaining archers focus their attention on Corban and Zaris. Two fire at Corban, both shots deflecting off of the stone in front of him. One fires at Zaris, but the arrow misses by a wide margin.

The dragon swoops around the southwestern tower and unleashes a blast of its breath. A thick, rolling green cloud of poisonous gas envelopes the group battling at the base of the bridge (Kaiakas, Xara and Rurik make a DC 11 Constitution save. On failure, take 22 Damage. On success, take 11 Damage). It swoops past, circling around behind the other tower. The hellhounds lunge for their targets, but at caught up in the blast of the dragon's breath. They both perish in the acidic blast, and sparing Rurik and Kaiakas from their fury.

Player turn. Kaiakas has 2 sets of actions.
Map Updated
Dec 7, 2015 3:18 pm
I stand defiant in the face of the acid breath, roaring a challenge in return. The roar turns into a shriek of agony that takes the form of flaming words that leap back toward the dragon in a Hellish Rebuke before my acid etched body falls to the stones of the bridge
Dex save DC: 12 for half damage.
Last edited December 7, 2015 3:22 pm

Rolls

Con Saving Throw - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Hellish Rebuke Damage - (3d10)

(562) = 13

The first (of many death saves) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Dec 7, 2015 4:25 pm
Pawetha briefly muses at the irony of her dancing in melee with the taller hobgoblins, but understands that she brought this situation upon herself. The ranger needs to end this quickly and return to range, so she thrusts in with her shortsword, trying to find an opening in the captain's armor.

Rolls

Shortsword vs Captain, advantage - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

Damage - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dec 7, 2015 4:28 pm
The rebuke slams into the Dragon, and it falters briefly before regaining altitude to swoop around the tower back towards the bridge.

Pawetha thrusts her sword forward and nicks the captain's exposed side. He spins his greatsword around, unfazed by the small wound, and prepares to attack with the same ferocity as before.

1 failed Death Save for Rurik

Rebuke hits for full power; and Pawetha hits, but the captain seems to be barely hurt
Dec 9, 2015 12:56 pm
Zaris moves hastily to the edge of the tower by Corban and unleashes another trio of missiles at the hobgoblin in the middle of the bridge. "Corban, we are sitting ducks up here for that dragon!" he gasps. "We need to find some cover before we are poised," he adds, looking nervously at the wyrm flying overhead.

Rolls

magic missile #1 - (1d4+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

magic missile #2 - (1d4+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

magic missile #3 - (1d4+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Dec 9, 2015 1:45 pm
Seeing the carnage after the dragon unleashed its acidic breath, Corban thinks carefully about his and Zaris' position. None of the thoughts are positive.

"You're right, make your way to the stairs! I'll cover your withdrawal and be right behind you!"

Corban takes aim with his crossbow and fires a shot at the hobgoblin in the opposite tower again.

Rolls

Attack with crossbow - (1D20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Dam w/crossbow - (1D8+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Dec 9, 2015 10:07 pm
Zaris' magic bolts strike the hobgoblin dead on his feet. Corban's bolt clangs off of the stone wall of the opposing tower. Jorr presses forward and fires an arrow at the captain engaged with Pawetha, striking him in the chest and briefly staggering him.

Zaris hits and kills, Corban misses, Jorr hits and deals a bit of damage.

Warklegnaw and Kaiakas left, Kai has 2 sets of actions...
Dec 10, 2015 12:37 am
Charging up to join Paws, I dodge much of the dragon's deadly breath. I strike at the Captain with my new blade as it glows a cold blue, one of my attacks causing frost to grow around the wound.
Last edited December 10, 2015 9:47 am

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Damage - (1d8+3, 1d6)

1d8+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

1d6 : (5) = 5

Constitution save - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.