1.1 - Nixing the Sixers

load previous
Feb 4, 2016 12:37 am
PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.Plays.RPG
[passing note to Kessel]
Feb 4, 2016 1:31 am
Scurrying between piles of trash and and crates Preserver crossed the distance to the warehouse proper. Then he climbs up to the open window, much higher now than it would be in normal form. Preserver however relishes the challenge.

Rolls

Acrobatics to climb - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Feb 4, 2016 5:56 am
"Hold up, everyone, I just found a defensive gun emplacement run by a parallel network. I can try to shut it down, or... Am I correct: This warehouse is NOT our demolition target, we're only infiltrating as a recon mission? Preserver is trying to gain access to the roof so he can scout the actual target? Meaning slipping in and out cleanly is better than shooting up the place? I ask because I could potentially turn the place's defense systems on the Sixer patrols but if that's not our goal here... There, I own all the guns. What d'you want me to do with 'em?"
Last edited February 4, 2016 5:58 am

Rolls

Hack - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Feb 4, 2016 6:01 am
"Primary Objective: Deliver Explosive To Target And Detonate," intones Breecha. "Current Objective: Reconnaissance. Ascertain Efficient Means Of Infiltration And Delivery Of Ordnance, Bypass Defenses, Extraction Route."
Feb 4, 2016 6:13 am
"Thanks, Breecha, that's what I thought. Now that I'm in their network through the backdoor I'm hoping it'll be a little easier to hack the actual target's systems. You're gioed to go, Preserver. Just watch those patrols."
Feb 4, 2016 3:58 pm
Preserver quickly accustoms himself to his agile new form and is able to scramble his way nimbly up the side of the warehouse and into one of the open windows. Inside he finds the second level of the warehouse. It's sort of a series of catwalks that overlook the warehouse floor below. There is an office at either end of this long warehouse, and plenty of boxes of supplies on the catwalks up here to take cover behind. He is able to drop in to the factory and hide behind some crates in between a patrol on the catwalks.
OOC:
Just as a heads up to everyone, this warehouse is the main base of the Sixers, and your target of destruction.
After Kessel mentions his hacking victory Nimbus chimes in the comms, I'm receiving a hail signal from the two that Daemon sent along, should I patch them in to the comms?
Feb 4, 2016 7:37 pm
"Guys, I'm checking our logs and it seems this IS our target after all! Who's got the antimatter grenade?"

"Yep, patch Daemon's boys through, Nimbus."
Feb 4, 2016 8:13 pm
A deep voice cracks into the comm line, Howdy boys, you're not starting the party without us, are you? I assume that giant rat that crawled out of your van is one of you? You see a small vidfeed window that shows the human you had seen outside of Daemon's office. A bulky looking barbarian with thick blond hair.

We're on a building just north of the warehouse. We have a high up vantage point. Elphi was just about to try hacking their systems but says she saw someone already slice their way in through RAIN. Been in there a while. What's the skinny?
Feb 4, 2016 8:32 pm
Breecha remains where he is, unmoving, obeying his directive to maintain cover. His memory bank plays back the segment in which Mack was given the antimatter grenade (at least, Mack was the closest in proximity to the device when Daemon revealed it).
Feb 4, 2016 11:36 pm
Mack nervously taps the steering wheel as the nerds work on the network. "No alarms yet, right?" he asks with some trepidation. He loads up Gnomgle Maps and starts plotting at least three different escape routes.

He adds, as an afterthought, "Should we have given the grenade to Preserver to plant?"
Last edited February 4, 2016 11:38 pm
Feb 5, 2016 1:27 am
Kessel locks Leon & Elphi out of the comms temporarily so only his crew can hear him reply to Mack, "Yeah, maybe. But I thought you were going in with him. Or were we all under the false assumption this wasn't the target?"
Last edited February 5, 2016 1:28 am
Feb 5, 2016 2:05 am
"Priority Given To Scout Location First," answers Breecha. "Location Is Target. Infiltration Without Reconnaissance Not Advised. Once Infiltration And Extraction Routes Confirmed And Cleared, Operation Can Proceed."
Feb 5, 2016 2:22 pm
Nimbus chimes in again, We are being hailed again by Daemon's guys. I don't mean to criticize your clearly professional decorum, but Tymora had stowed the explosive device in the van's smuggling compartment.
OOC:
I'm going to go ahead and say the explosive is in the van, there is a compartment in the floor of the back of the van that is shielded from scans so you can smuggle small items.
Feb 5, 2016 9:21 pm
Preserver begins recording what he is observing. He makes does his best to count all the Sixers in the building and get a layout of defenses that would not have been in the schematics.. He has shut the coms down just in case one of the gangers is smarter than expected and put some kind of scanner inside the building.

Once he has made his recon. he high tails it out of there and back to the van.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Stealth inside warehouse - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Stealth back to the van - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Feb 5, 2016 10:32 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to foolsmask
[ passing note to Preserver ]

Preserver returns to the van and relays his findings to the group without alerting any suspicion.
Feb 5, 2016 11:36 pm
Once back in the van, Preserver reverts to his normal form. He plugs into a monitor and begins to play back what his optics recorded inside the warehouse. "There are as many as 30 Sixers in there. A good number of them are just hanging out and boozing it up. The good news is that the guards there are only cary small arms. The bad news is that security has the high ground. There is a catwalk with five guys, they have the guns, though I'm sure the others are packing as well. There is an unknown individual in an upstairs office. I suspect it to be their leader. I suggest we check the police records again to see what we might be able to learn about this individual."

"We might be able to draw some of the rank and file away with a diversion, then the rest of us move in through the window I used. We will have to move fast once we breach the window, I think. Maybe Daemon's guys can provide the diversion?"
Feb 6, 2016 2:45 am
"Breech, remind me of the requirement for this job?" Mack asks, "If I recall correctly it's to blow up the warehouse, right? Is our best bet having Preserver drop it off while in rat mode? Perhaps a bit later when the sixes seem to be asleep?" He frowns at the comms, "I don't like that Daemon's thu...gentlemen showed up without being asked. I distinctly recall asking for them to wait for us to call them."
Feb 6, 2016 2:54 am
"Confirmed: Objective Is To Deliver Ordnance Inside Warehouse And Detonate; Destroy Facility," says Breecha.
Last edited February 6, 2016 2:54 am
Feb 6, 2016 3:10 am
Still receiving the hail from Daemon's guys. Maybe we shouldn't upset the thugs from the crime boss? Nimbus interjects into the conversation.
Feb 6, 2016 3:14 am
Meanwhile, Kessel is attempting to determine the identity of the person in the office by running the internal video feeds through facial recognition.

"Patching Daeron's guys through the comms. You guys talk to them while I work on this."
OOC:
Do I need a Hacking roll to run facial recognition?
Last edited February 6, 2016 3:17 am

Rolls

Running ugly mugs through facial recognition - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

load next

Thread locked