Character creation discussion

load previous
Mar 3, 2016 7:46 pm
well then if we steal a second ship we will need a place to store it... we'll just have to steal a carrier as well. more elbow room
Mar 3, 2016 7:47 pm
The paint job is "1980s New York Subway Car Graffiti". No, I'm not kidding. I think Lin did it himself...he's got talent with a spraycan.
Mar 3, 2016 7:48 pm
you know, I kind of like that....
Mar 3, 2016 7:49 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
The paint job is "1980s New York Subway Car Graffiti". No, I'm not kidding. I think Lin did it himself...he's got talent with a spraycan.
Do we have a Sabine aboard.

I think you should name the ship. I am guessing our characters bought it but i think yours would have more interest in the name.

FTY

faster than you.
Mar 3, 2016 7:54 pm
Kjmagle says:

FTY

faster than you.
Decision made. That is exactly the sort of crappy attempt at a name Lin would choose. The ship is the FTY.
Mar 3, 2016 8:03 pm
Get on the FTY (I'll pronounce it 50 aka Fi Dee).
Mar 3, 2016 8:03 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Kjmagle says:

FTY

faster than you.
Decision made. That is exactly the sort of crappy attempt at a name Lin would choose. The ship is the FTY.
Lmao i just snorted at work.
Mar 3, 2016 8:07 pm
Here's a green one that has a bit more green:

https://dondueck.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/yt2400green.jpg
Mar 3, 2016 8:08 pm
I kind of liked the character the other one had, what where the green 'accents' were actually adhesive cement necessary so that the ship was, technically, space worthy.
Mar 3, 2016 8:08 pm
falryx says:
Here's a green one that has a bit more green:

https://dondueck.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/yt2400green.jpg
I saw that also. I forgot to save it
Mar 3, 2016 8:09 pm
Remnant says:
Get on the FTY (I'll pronounce it 50 aka Fi Dee).
And every time, Lin with angrily correct you. "No, man, its EFF, TEE, WHY, like, Faster Than You. Get it? What's wrong with you man?"
Mar 3, 2016 8:20 pm
"Well I think Fi Dee is catchy... besides if you're really saying Faster Than You shouldn't it be Ffframph for short since you're going faster? There's nothing wrong with me Lin I'm just trying to understand why you can't get behind using the name as a brand man... I mean if I'm talking to some ladies Lin and I introduce you as some hot shot pilot do you want to say the ship's name is Faster Than You or Fi Dee... personally I think Fi Dee sounds sexy...Yeah like I was saying ladies, heeey it's my man Lin. Oh you haven't heard of my man Lin yeah he's a pilot, doing his thing, oh the ship, yeah we call it Fi dee... Ladies where you going... Damn... you know on second though saying Faster Than You in the situation would have been better for me really... But you get the point man stop looking at me like that."

*Green Mamba walks off*
Last edited March 3, 2016 8:21 pm
Mar 3, 2016 8:23 pm
As Akhrirar walks off I smile at Lin, "I find it's easier to just let him talk until he walks off, then it is to talk back and encourage him."
Mar 3, 2016 8:32 pm
@Friar - there a particular layout internally you'd like on the EffTeeWhy? If not, I'll grab one that seems reasonable. Lots of options on:

This Google Search
Mar 3, 2016 8:41 pm
Nah man, you don't say "Faster Than You". You just say F-T-Y. That's it. That's the joke, man. That's what makes it cool! They don't know you're sayin' I'm faster than they are, but we know, right? Hey, come back man, lemme just break it down for you..." follows quickly behind Akhrirar.

@falryx: I like this one, but open to feedback. It looks like they sacrificed a bit of cargo space for engine room.
http://www.synicon.info/SW/or/D-plan1.JPG
Last edited March 3, 2016 8:42 pm
Mar 3, 2016 8:44 pm
@Friar - that can work. What's in the big open area though? Is that meant to be cargo? Are those bunkbeds over on the right?
Mar 3, 2016 8:48 pm
That one looks like the engineer went and put a huge engine in there, and a big cargo space... then someone said "what about a place to eat... and sleep?" and they made hasty modifications o the layout to satisfy those silly requirements.
Mar 3, 2016 8:52 pm
Yeah, I like that thought. Bunks in the rectangle on the right of the main hold. Central circle is a game room; chess, sabaac, etc. with access to the top gun turret (if we have one), back area by engines is the engineering room, trapezoid on the left is the galley, the central area is mixed use living/cargo hold. Looks like a computer bank in there too. I'm thinking the area straight back form the cockpit was once a passenger hold, but has been converted to a brig for carrying detained bounties.

I'm thinking we are mixed job crew. Like Cad Bane; he's a bounty hunter, but he gets hired for thievery and smuggling and espionage jobs too. A one stop shop for all your shady needs.
Mar 3, 2016 9:33 pm
Typically the area straight back was the escape pod. Do you forgo that?

The ramp out will be under the bunk room, i suspect. Although the trapezoid looks like it may have a couple bunks too.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.