Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
May 2, 2016 2:07 pm
Judging from the marks on the floor, it appears that the larger humanoid came in alone to complete its work and then left with the goblins who had waited outside for it.

"If you wouldn't mind keeping this information quiet, I would much appreciate it," Belor says after you're done looking around, "I'd rather not worry the townsfolk any more than they already are."
May 2, 2016 2:11 pm
Urthask is troubled by this. "I will not spread tales, but it is also not my custom to dissemble if asked directly. I understand that we do not wish to cause a panic. Should the townsfolk be worried? What is the meaning of what we've found here and what is our next course of action?"
Last edited May 2, 2016 2:11 pm
May 2, 2016 10:16 pm
Belor shakes his head and shrugs helplessly, "I'm not sure if they should panic, but it's crazy as hell and you know how people deal with the unknown... I'm going to send out some of my most discreet people to try to find the trail. You all just rest for now, I'll let you know if I find out anything."
May 4, 2016 4:44 am
Xandak quietly regards the skeletal remains. Wonder if those are supposed to be there... And if not, where'd they come from? He doesn't try to ask this just yet though, and instead follows the party into the disturbed burial chamber. He looks around to see if there are any more clues to be had.
OOC:
edit: bleh.
Last edited May 4, 2016 4:45 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

May 4, 2016 10:27 am
Urthask shakes his head in response to Belor. "I cannot speak for everyone here, but I for one cannot sit idly by. I want to help, though I must admit Arktos and I are hardly discreet."
May 4, 2016 3:12 pm
"I agree, sitting on our thumbs will not help anyone in the city. It might be possible to ring out some information from the vermin that attacked the city yesterday if we pull them kicking and screaming from their hiding holes." Gongar gestures vaguely toward the gates and outside the city.
May 5, 2016 12:58 am
Given the party's response Daire will look at the hastily made tracks leading back away from the vault and see if he can find a lead to where this group may be coming from.

Rolls

survival - (1d20+8)

(20) + 8 = 28

May 6, 2016 1:28 pm
It appears that the tracks lead over the north wall and out into the forest on the other side.
May 6, 2016 1:35 pm
Urthask mounts up and claps on his helm. He salutes Belor, "By your leave, Sheriff. We shall see where these tracks lead, while your agents conduct their investigations here. Let us meet again at the guardhouse or at the Rusty Dragon and share what we each have found. Agreed?"
May 6, 2016 2:43 pm
Belor nods his agreement, "Sounds fair, just be careful out there. It would shatter the town's heart if their new heroes were to die."

With that he offers a salute and turns to leave. He thinks of something and turns around, pulling a pouch off of his belt and tossing it to Gongar, "50 gold pieces, to help you secure any supplies you might need for your scouting. You should stop at Savah's Armory and resupply, I'm sure she'd be willing to haggle a bit on the prices for you."
May 6, 2016 3:45 pm
"Thank you Belor!" Gongar can barely hide his glee at the gift just dropped on him and his new found friends.
May 6, 2016 4:45 pm
Malik accepts the coin quietly, holding the money almost daintily. It's been a long time since he's seen, let alone had, this much coin. He's unsure of how to respond.
May 7, 2016 3:32 am
Does it seem normal that there would be animated skeletons here, or were they maybe placed/summoned here by whoever did the thieving? I have no idea what kind of roll I would need to make for that, if a roll is required hahaha
May 9, 2016 4:43 pm
It most certainly does not seem normal that there would be skeletons in a holy man's tomb. The discarded robe in the corner seems to be emanating faint magic.
May 9, 2016 7:47 pm
Xandak holds up a hand and politely shakes his head when the gold is offered to him, declining the gift.

Tapping on Gongar's shoulder, he points to the robe in the corner. {Magic.}
Last edited May 10, 2016 5:05 am
May 9, 2016 9:43 pm
Tearing away his gaze from the pouch of gold coins Gongar see's Xandak sign to him and turns to the rest of the group, "Friends we have something even stranger than the group of skeletons here with us. Someone with more magical knowledge than I should take a look at that robe. Also we should look around a bit more for anything else that might be off here."

With that Gongar starts slowly moving around the crypt looking for anything else out of place.
Last edited May 9, 2016 9:47 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1D20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

May 10, 2016 1:27 am
Malik carefully approaches the robe, unsure of what kind of magic may be on it, inspecting it first from a small distance then closely once he's sure it's safe.

Rolls

Knowledge (Arcana) - (1d20+8)

(1) + 8 = 9

May 10, 2016 9:51 pm
Everything else looks to be in order to Gongar's trained eyes.

Malik is sure that the robe is magical, but is unable to determine exactly how.
May 10, 2016 9:52 pm
Do we know what was stolen?
May 10, 2016 9:57 pm
thedandyman says:
Do we know what was stolen?
OOC:
Just the body as far as you can tell
load next

Thread locked