Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
May 11, 2016 4:35 am
Xandak moves towards the empty sarcophagus to inspect it; perhaps there may be some clue there as to why the body was stolen, or perhaps there was more that had been taken than just the body.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

May 11, 2016 8:17 am
Urthask, who is already helmed and mounted just outside the vault's entrance, wonders what is taking the others so long to get moving. Have they perhaps found more clues? He decides to stay where he is, guarding the door, unless they call for him. Arktos is anxious to be on the tomb looters' trail, but Urthask pats a calming hand on the great bear's neck to calm him.
Last edited May 11, 2016 8:17 am
May 11, 2016 9:38 pm
Xandak is not able to find any signs that anything but the body is missing.
May 12, 2016 4:19 am
Not finding anything of import, Xandak is content to leave the tomb and begin hunting after the tomb raiders themselves.
May 12, 2016 3:44 pm
Daire has kept his eyes to the tracks waiting for the rest of the party to catch up. He will keep an eye out just in case.

Rolls

perception - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

May 12, 2016 5:27 pm
OOC:
Is it fair to assume that you all head straight out to scout the region for signs of goblins?
May 12, 2016 5:43 pm
Malik puts the robe into his bag to examine more later and follow the rest of his compatriots.
May 12, 2016 10:27 pm
OOC:
That sounds fair I think
May 13, 2016 6:38 pm
The party gathers whatever mounts they wish and heads out into the woods to the north of town, searching for goblin sign. You are easily able to find the tracks on the other side of the wall that they climbed over.
OOC:
Daire, you have the highest skill, give me a Survival check to see what you can find. You'll get a +2 to the roll for having assistance from the others.
May 14, 2016 1:14 am
OOC:
rollin'

Rolls

survival(+2) - (1d20+10)

(5) + 10 = 15

May 16, 2016 3:30 pm
You spend several hours outside of the town, following the tracks for a while. Despite Daire's skill in tracking, you eventually lose the trail.
OOC:
Rolled a natural 18 on their group stealth check
May 16, 2016 4:41 pm
"Blast these sneaky little bastards. Lets regroup in town and plan how we can ferret them out of their hiding hole." Gongar waves his hand dismissively in the general direction of the wilderness.
May 17, 2016 8:00 pm
You return to the Rusty Dragon that night, defeated by the sneaky goblins. Shortly after your arrival you see Aldern Foxglove, the one you saved from the goblins and their dog, enter the inn. Now that he is no longer dirty and beaten down, you can see that he's actually quite handsome, and judging by his clothes, very well off.

"I was hoping to run into you! I haven't had the chance to properly thank you for your timely rescue, so I offer my sincerest gratitude to you all for the help," He begins as he walks over to you, "I'm actually going to hunt for boar in the Tickwood forest before I head home to Magnimar. I was wondering if you'd all like to join me on the hunt?"
May 25, 2016 4:46 pm
"It's just a short distance from here, perhaps a half-hour's ride. What do you say?" he prompts further.
May 25, 2016 7:01 pm
Xandak shrugs his shoulders and looks at his peers with raised eyebrows, as if to say, 'eh, why not?'
May 25, 2016 8:57 pm
"Hunting for sport as if nothing has happened?!" Urthask thinks to himself, incredulous. But perhaps the man is merely trying to express his gratitude the way he knows how. Urthask stays silent, waiting to see what the others will say.
Last edited May 25, 2016 8:58 pm
May 27, 2016 9:13 pm
"A good hunt would do us good to get our minds off these blasted bastards." Gongar signs to Xandak hunt goblins and waves to the rest of the party to join him with Aldern.
May 27, 2016 10:17 pm
"For now, I go where you go," Malik says to the group.
May 27, 2016 11:17 pm
Daire will follow the group, readying himself for another hunt.
May 28, 2016 2:29 am
OOC:
JoHoover says:
Gongar signs to Xandak hunt goblins and waves to the rest of the party to join him with Aldern.
He's mute, not deaf hahaha

also, is he saying we're gonna go hunting now, at night? Or tomorrow?
load next

Thread locked