Character Creation

load previous
Oct 21, 2020 10:03 pm
Constance 'Con' Baxter, receptionist, party girl

Virtue: Honesty (Even brutal)
Vice: Indulgence (Gluttony but including alcohol/other forms of pleasure was my thought. Gaining a beat whenever she indulges in ta way that would cause penalty/penalise)

Aspirations:
* Don't do workGo a *period of time* without getting a warning for work
* Get access to parents money Get her parents to accept she's responsible and give her access to money again
* Suggestions welcome - Possibly complete an amount of time of work without asking for assistance due to dyslexia.

So my vice and Serenity's last aspiration could be fun.
Oct 21, 2020 10:43 pm
Try to phrase aspirations in terms of what you will do rather than not do

For the third one, I would say aim for something a little more long term and distinct from the first
Oct 21, 2020 10:46 pm
@carabas: your virtue should be more generic. Loyalty is fine bit don't tie it to Eugenia. That may be currently how it manifests for your character. But it could also be to the other PCs or other love ones o or whatever
Oct 21, 2020 11:19 pm
WarDomo says:
@carabas: your virtue should be more generic. Loyalty is fine bit don't tie it to Eugenia. That may be currently how it manifests for your character. But it could also be to the other PCs or other love ones o or whatever
Fair enough, but you can't just be generically loyal, and she may not even know most of the PCs, and I did write it as being broader than just the person of Eugenia.

I can replace it with "honorable" (meaning to me unwilling to go against what she considers morally right). There's like 4 or so important aspects of her personality competing to be the one in the Virtue top slot.
Oct 21, 2020 11:39 pm
Agreed but think about it more in terms of the kind of action that your character would consider virtuous. That she would be willing to put herself or others in harm's way to uphold
Oct 22, 2020 2:56 am
I think I've got my character more or less done. I'm kind of confused about the Specialty Skills. How should I account for those? Do I make a separate line under skills? I'll submit my character so you can look it over, but hopefully, I read through the rulebook correctly.
Oct 22, 2020 3:43 am
I think I’ll bow out of the game and let one of those on the wait list join. Creative juices are low as of late.
Oct 22, 2020 11:43 am
Bummer, but I appreciate you recognizing that now instead of later

@Phil_Ozzy_Fer: just put it in the Notes section something like Firearms (Pistols) or Academics (Civil War History) or whatever
Oct 22, 2020 1:01 pm
WarDomo says:
Bummer, but I appreciate you recognizing that now instead of later

@Phil_Ozzy_Fer: just put it in the Notes section something like Firearms (Pistols) or Academics (Civil War History) or whatever
Done! Thank you
Oct 22, 2020 3:28 pm
@LightOfMidnight: Is it possible that Temperance is your sister or cousin? You self-describe as a "party girl", and that seems to be her mentality as well. Perhaps she's the responsible one to which you are compared (unfairly, as she parties just as hardy as you)? I don't want to force anything on you, but it could be a fun connection.

@WarDomo: How does starting equipment work with Resources? I know the game doesn't rely on gear nearly as much as other systems, but I wouldn't mind being able to represent a car and gun (for animal protection) on my sheet. I've just about finished Gabe, and will be able to submit his sheet very soon.
Oct 22, 2020 3:52 pm
Sounds like Serenity and Constance are two different extremes so Temperence could be sort of the middling influence?

And yeah anyone who does any ounce of work is seen as more responsible
Oct 22, 2020 3:57 pm
Hey, everyone.

I am thinking of making a system administrator. Recently promoted to the middle level IT management department. So, up until maybe two weeks ago he was running around the office setting up and fixing computers and peripheral devices and now he is managing servers and low- and mid- tier security.

As for connection to the CEO, it is a little bit hard to make a meaningful connection between a middle-aged low-to-mid level employee and an elderly high-level employer, so I will take the easiest route and go with family ties as well. I think he could marry one of Eugenia's many grand-daughters.
Oct 22, 2020 4:07 pm
charles.c.cowley says:
@WarDomo: How does starting equipment work with Resources? I know the game doesn't rely on gear nearly as much as other systems, but I wouldn't mind being able to represent a car and gun (for animal protection) on my sheet. I've just about finished Gabe, and will be able to submit his sheet very soon.
The equipment tables in Appendix 1 list a number of dots for Availability. Generally if you have Resources at that level you can acquire one of said item. However, you could also attempt to use a Social Merit (like Ally) at that level that makes sense to acquire it as well. You might also be able to acquire it via skill. Resources is the easiest route of course.

So for instance, if you want to get a revolver. The availability is ●● so if you have 2+ dots of resources, you can just get it. However if you don't you might be able to borrow one from an Ally of 2+ dots. Or you might be able to use you Larceny 3 to steal one or get it for cheaper on the black market.
Oct 22, 2020 4:14 pm
MagnificentFly says:
As for connection to the CEO, it is a little bit hard to make a meaningful connection between a middle-aged low-to-mid level employee and an elderly high-level employer, so I will take the easiest route and go with family ties as well. I think he could marry one of Eugenia's many grand-daughters.
You could also be the surprisingly patient IT guy that she always calls for help regardless of who should actually be servicing her ticket.
Oct 22, 2020 4:16 pm
@Phil_Ozzy_Fer: you can use the World of Darkness character sheet. Its nWoD so it basically works.

Also you appear to be short some Abilities. Should be 11 for your Primary, 7 for your Secondary and 4 for your tertiary
Oct 22, 2020 5:01 pm
WarDomo says:
@Phil_Ozzy_Fer: you can use the World of Darkness character sheet. Its nWoD so it basically works.

Also you appear to be short some Abilities. Should be 11 for your Primary, 7 for your Secondary and 4 for your tertiary
Thanks for the feedback, I'll check tonight.
Oct 22, 2020 6:50 pm
What skills would cover bodyguard stuff like knowledge of security systems and scanning a crowd of people?
Oct 22, 2020 7:00 pm
So for Temperance, Serenity and Constance how are people feeling? I'm all for sisters, but can also do cousins, two siblings one cousin etc
Oct 22, 2020 7:03 pm
Well, they all do have those old-fashioned virtue names, so same parents would work.
Oct 22, 2020 7:55 pm
Carabas says:
What skills would cover bodyguard stuff like knowledge of security systems and scanning a crowd of people?
Computers maybe for security systems. Maybe empathy for the crowds. Larceny might cover some of that stuff too. I'll have to double check later
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.