Character Creation

load previous
Oct 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Not everyone is obligated to be related, right? The characters could all be working in the same company, maybe not even in the same building depending on the size of the site, and know each other only casually. At least that was how I saw it. I'm not running the game, so from the perspective of the storyteller, is it preferable if we're all related in some capacity, or is it enough that we're all employed by the same organization?
Oct 27, 2020 6:25 pm
The idea is everyone has some sort of connection to the CEO. It just so happens two of us have picked Granddaughters, and then two people picked their connection is through different granddaughters.
Oct 27, 2020 6:34 pm
MagnificentFly says:

I think Victor and Constance would probably be on good terms with each other, given her laziness and his generosity. He could "extend" the time needed to fix some technical issue that prevents her from working on occasion. He would also probably consult with her about better presents for his wife and ask her to help smooth things over when Victor and his wife would have had a fight.

Con's gonna love Victor. And yeah I see her as teasing Victor and Gabe about their respective sisters, but also actually spilling secrets, helping them out. Especially constantly asking Gabe when he's gonna make a move.

I've built Con as being fairly good with people, though that may not necessarily extend to family who know her actual tendencies.

Thinking she's the youngest of the granddaughters, and never really did well in school, often getting distracted, even if any of the sisters tried to aid her with work. Eventually she realised she didn't need that good grades, or to put up with demeaning teachers, overbearing parents etc, she could just get by with her parents money. She somehow managed to get decent enough grades to get her parents of her back. So once leaving school, never really had a job and would drink on the parents card, until recently they stopped it. Which she is pretty grumpy about.

The sisters likely know she struggles with stuff like reading occasionally etc, despite her adequate grades.

Also @Wardomo on typing this realised a different answer to the first question. Though may mean changing up her virtue.

Edit: Okay her virtue is now empathetic, as she does actually get on with other people when they're not the people she's slacking the work of, and has experience with things about oneself being assumed.
Last edited October 27, 2020 6:39 pm
Oct 27, 2020 7:30 pm
So how old is everybody anyway?

Serenity has to be at least aroung early to mid-30s.
Oct 27, 2020 7:31 pm
I was thinking early 20's.
Oct 27, 2020 7:40 pm
Gabe is around 30.
Oct 28, 2020 1:48 am
But it doesn't have to be a family tie? My character could have been mentored by the CEO during an internship, for example. Is that fair? I feel like O'm being left out a bit if everyone else is taking the family angle and I'm not.
Last edited October 28, 2020 1:49 am
Oct 28, 2020 2:17 am
Originally my character was just the devoted body guard. I upgraded to sister to have a personal connection with other PCs.
Oct 28, 2020 4:01 am
No you don't have to be family. You just need a reason to be personally involved in her disappearance
Oct 28, 2020 1:09 pm
Alright, I've reviewed everyone's answers to the questions. I do want to clarify one thing as I think a couple of you at least may have been a little confused. Your answers to those questions are not your breaking points. Your answers to those questions give me some guidelines to determine what would constitute what a breaking point will be for your character moving forward.

I will do my best to identify these instances as we go, but, if at any point you think something should constitute a breaking point for your character, let me know. Bad things can happen to your character as the result of a breaking point, but don't forget it's also one of the ways you can earn Beats (i.e., xp)
Oct 28, 2020 1:32 pm
Alright tracking characters here:

Eugenia Baxter Billingsley - CEO of Baxter, Inc
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm62nkwfmj9y3tj/EugeniaBaxter.jpg?dl=1

Husband:
Dr. Christopher Billingsley - Deceased, Auburn Professor of Divinity
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5jstdtvamjzsdy/ChrisBillingsley.jpg?dl=1

Children:
Charity Billingsley - Eldest Daughter
Justice Billingsley - Youngest Son

Granddaughters:
(PC) Constance 'Con' - receptionist
(PC) Serenity - CEO's bodyguard
(NPC) Temperance - Gabe Everett's friend
(NPC) Chastity Zaytsev - Victor's wife

Employees:
(PC) Gabe Everett - Lab tech
(PC) Olivier Bergeron - Manager (accounting, sales, etc.)
(PC) Victor Zaytsev - Sysadmin
Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pm
So the granddaughters don't have to be sisters they can be cousins. We could also have more than two children for the Billingsleys. The daughters of Charity would have her husband's last name (whatever that is) and the daughters of Justice would have the last name Billingsley.
Oct 30, 2020 10:42 pm
So, the wife's name is Chastity ... I feel like Aspiration 2 might not be as easy as I thought
Nov 1, 2020 3:15 pm
Given that Temperance is a bit rowdy with her wine, it could be for other reasons that Aspiration 2 is proving difficult with Chastity.
Nov 1, 2020 3:53 pm
WarDomo says:

(NPC) Chastity Zaytsev - Victor's wife
Don't know if it would count as a correction but as in Russion Language everything has a gender, Chastity's surname would be Zaytseva, however, they were married in the USA, so I don't know if it would carry over there.
Nov 3, 2020 12:27 am
I was unaware of that. You tell me what her name is. I don't have a strong preference.

My work's been a little heavy this week. Sorry for the delay, but I'm aiming to get us started by the beginning of next week.
Nov 3, 2020 12:29 am
I don;t mind if sisters or cousins. I kind of like the idea of sisters, however seems like Con is younger than the other by a fair bit. So she could be the cousin. Or a surprise child 8 years down the line.
Nov 3, 2020 12:40 am
I kinda like the idea of our kid sister insisting people call her "Con", but everybody just goes with Connie, except mom who insists on using "Constance" every time.
Nov 14, 2020 4:16 pm
Sooooooooo are we dead?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.