Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Sep 29, 2016 6:39 pm
OOC:
Looks like you've all taken your rest now
You have a few hours before dark if you want to try searching for the orc camp. The spot you were told that they'd be at is pretty vague, but you'd estimate it's about six miles south of your current location.
Sep 29, 2016 7:02 pm
"Maybe we'll scout a few miles southward and get the lay of the land," says Kama. "It'll give us time to get back and make camp, and we'll have the whole day to find those orcs."
Sep 29, 2016 7:45 pm
"I'm in."

Stormsong checks his gear for scouting, tucking everything in, tightening straps -- nothing to snag on a branch.

"We're headed south, right?," and begins to move away from the clearing. Before he leaves the rise, he looks off into the distance to the south at the mountains. It's not home, buit it sure looks like home."
Sep 29, 2016 8:47 pm
The forest gnome begins to hop behind his tall companion as if they were going for a late evening hike. Gimblyn's staff popped him high with each step giving him a better few while he scouts. His bug eyes were looking for a small creature, engaging with animals is a pleasure for forest folk.
OOC:
Gimblyn wants to find a small creature to speak with.
Sep 30, 2016 3:56 pm
The area to the south of town quickly becomes rolling hills, severely limiting your view of the area. It seems like it's going to be a bit of a pain to find the orc encampment.

Gimblyn finds a small mouse to speak to about half a day into their walk.
OOC:
Gimblyn, what do you want to say to the mouse?

Tomorrow, you'll have to beat a DC 15 Survival check (which you can make once per hour) in order to track the orcs to their camp
Oct 1, 2016 8:40 pm
Gimblyn squats down to his new mouse friend and smiles "I swear I've met you before, little friend." he points back randomly into the forest, "Saw some bear poop if you want to salvage it for nutrients, or a berry patch... my companions over here and I are scouting for some nasty orcs. We hear they have a camp in the area." The forest gnome rubs the mouses nose gently. Have ya seen any orcs lately, friend?" Tumtwig finished his sentence with the same smile he started with.
Oct 3, 2016 1:01 pm
The rest of you watch as Gimblyn bends down and squeaks to a local mouse, apparently able to understand what it's saying.

"Mean pig people? They on big mountain that way," he squeaks at you pointing south of here, "They not nice, we stay far away from them."
OOC:
You will have advantage on your survival checks to find the orc camp tomorrow
Oct 3, 2016 3:42 pm
Kama leans over to Xora and whispers, "Can you do that?"
Oct 3, 2016 4:28 pm
"No. I do not typically have conversations with prey. This is... peculiar."
Oct 4, 2016 2:17 am
"Fascinating..."
Quietly walking up to Gimblyn, Stormsong asks, "What did the little guy say, master scorcerer?"
Oct 6, 2016 4:08 am
"Perhaps we are meant to leave them alone in their... conversation?" I take several steps southward, listening for any trouble. Or perhaps just listening to the sounds of nature.
Last edited October 6, 2016 4:08 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Oct 6, 2016 6:21 am
As Gimblyn finds information from the local fauna, Kama tries to gain a lay of the land around them. He looks to determine the path an orc might take to approach the ruins, which hills provide a good vantage point for reconnaissance and which seem defensible.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Oct 6, 2016 1:23 pm
"Out little friend here says the orcs are that way," Gimblyn says, pointing off to the south, "but he doesn't go over there much, too dangerous."

Xora hears nothing to the south that sounds dangerous, it's actually quite quiet this morning.

Kama climbs up the nearest him and looks southward but everything looks the same; gently rolling hills in all directions. Off in the far distance you could swear you see smoke, but then it's gone and you can't determine exactly where it was.
OOC:
Assuming there's nothing else you'd wanna do? You will have advantage on Survival checks tomorrow, so feel free to make them whenever :)
Oct 6, 2016 2:49 pm
"Back to the ruins for camp," Stormsong assumes, and hikes back to the clearing. After downing some excellent grub from Xora, he volunteers for first watch and idly strums his lute as the others catch some shut eye.
OOC:
should we all do checks as a group, or can Xora lead us?
Oct 6, 2016 3:14 pm
Cmbrian says:
"Back to the ruins for camp," Stormsong assumes, and hikes back to the clearing. After downing some excellent grub from Xora, he volunteers for first watch and idly strums his lute as the others catch some shut eye.
OOC:
should we all do checks as a group, or can Xora lead us?
OOC:
One person will be making the rolls for the group. Probably Xora, I'd assume
Oct 6, 2016 5:12 pm
While they camp, Kama meditates on the task at hand. Without knowing how many orcs there are, it may be a hard battle. He tries to come up with a plan to gain any advantage, even if it means conversing with the orcs to get them to drop their guard.
OOC:
Kama's Survival is +2
Oct 6, 2016 11:20 pm
Gimblyn expresses not wanting to lead, his companions seemed more ready for orcs. The forest gnome would rather frolic with the small creatures.
OOC:
Thanks for posting for me btw :)
Oct 7, 2016 3:47 am
Once dawn has come and gone and everyone is well-fed, I glance at the earth around us and in a matter of moments I've found the trail. It could not have been more obvious had they left a literal trail of bread crumbs. "This way."
Last edited October 7, 2016 3:51 am

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

1d20+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

Oct 7, 2016 6:12 pm
Tumtwig was confident following Xora, she was hot in the trail of those careless orcs.
load next

Thread locked