Oct 12, 2016 10:04 pm
OOC:
i went for an unarmed strike with his fist, sorry lol
Oct 12, 2016 10:08 pm
Valcos says:
OOC:
i went for an unarmed strike with his fist, sorry lol
OOC:
Wow, you did! I had read it earlier and then when I looked back today, I thought it said "Fire attack" and not "First attack" lol
Oct 12, 2016 11:13 pm
Kama begins to drag the orc into cover, then uses his rope to bind and secure the prisoner.
Oct 13, 2016 3:43 pm
Kama is easily able to secure the prisoner and gag him.
OOC:
Are you intending to question him or just move on to the cave?
Oct 13, 2016 4:13 pm
Kama intends to question the orc and determine how many of his compatriots are around. To add to the interrogator appeal, the half-orc ties his gold coin holy symbol into an eyepatch over his left eye, reminiscent of Gruumsh.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Oct 13, 2016 5:16 pm
Stormsong steps his 7'10" self up to support Kama, staring intently at the orc with a tight jawed grimace, and illusory fire in his eyes.

Rolls

Intimidate - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Oct 13, 2016 5:46 pm
I continue to stand with the arrow pointed at the Orc with a blank expression on my face.

Rolls

Intimidate - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Oct 13, 2016 8:36 pm
The orc wakes up several minutes later and looks around, panicked at what he sees. He calms after a moment and begins trying to talk through his gag.
Oct 13, 2016 8:43 pm
Kama tugs the gag slightly loose with the handle of a handaxe, letting the blade hover above the orc's face.
Oct 13, 2016 8:44 pm
"What you want? Me talk, me talk!" he says in orcish as the gag is loosened, showing typical orc loyalty.
Oct 13, 2016 9:18 pm
Kama begins his questioning in Orc, "How many in your warband here?"
Oct 13, 2016 9:22 pm
"There be Brughor, strongest fighter, Gog da ogre, and a little more than a hand of others," he says. You recognize that a "hand" must mean 5.
Oct 13, 2016 10:13 pm
Gimblyn, with an upset face, stomps up to the Orc. "And what about the GIRL!?" He swings a swift backhand across the orc's ugly face. "Brughor told me! Where is he keeping her, I swear!" The small forest gnome raised his backhand again. Tell me what's really going on, you beautiful turd. I don't have time for your nonsense!" Tumtwig slapped him across the face again.

Rolls

Deception for obscure information - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

Oct 14, 2016 6:34 am
The half-orc steps back over to Xora, staying out of her firing lane and allowing the gnome to take over interrogations. Facing away from the orc, Kama mutters quietly, "Warboss, maybe 6 or 7 plus an ogre. Orcs respect strength and power, so I figure if we take out this Brughor and Gog first, the others might be demoralized enough and become ineffective. What do you think?"
Oct 16, 2016 11:06 pm
"So how do we draw them out? More bunnies?"
Oct 17, 2016 1:26 am
"Good question," says Kama. He turns to the orc, and asks in Orcish, "What's your system for your watch? What signals do you use to call some of your boys for a little help?"
Oct 17, 2016 1:03 pm
The orc looks confusedly at Gimblyn, "Me not know anything, we has no girl here!"

"Glop usually just yell down into cave if bad stuff happen," he explains as if that's the only way to alert someone.
Oct 17, 2016 4:35 pm
"Don't think more bunnies would work," Kama, says, switching to Common for the benefit of the group. "Though perhaps we can set up by the cave mouth with Xora and Gimblyn at range, and I call out something trivial for one or two to assist me with?"
Oct 17, 2016 8:36 pm
"Sounds good."

Before approaching the cave, Stormsong gathers his friends and sings, in a low voice, an inspiring song from his boyhood, one used to inspire before war games. He sings a few bars, so that Bardic Inspiration flows through all of his companions.
OOC:
if I can take three rounds before we go in, I'd like to use all 3 of my BIs.

Bardic Inspiration -- You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6.

Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the GM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.
He approaches the mouth of the cave, hiding along the side so those inside wouldn't see him. If a group emerges including the ogre and leader, he'll cast faerie fire (violet) on the lot of them as his first action (DEX DC 13). If it's just an average orc, he'll save the spell and follow Kama's lead.
OOC:
1 action; Range: 60 Feet; Components: Verbal; Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined by blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius. Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible.
load next

Thread locked