Manor of Origin

load previous
Apr 6, 2021 4:00 am
Charlie stood up, whispering a spell his mother taught him years ago.

Charlie casts Cure Wounds on himself.

HP:18
Last edited April 6, 2021 4:04 am

Rolls

He Needs Some MILK - (1d8+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Apr 6, 2021 4:04 am
Elena passed through the broken door, and took in the room.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Apr 6, 2021 4:10 am
Elena sees a nice looking leather race jacket on one of the coat racks.
Apr 6, 2021 4:24 am
Charlie shuffled into the room where the blood trails led. His attention was immediately drawn to the cracked door. He moved in front of it to investigate.

Rolls

Investigation - This door sus - (1d20+0)

(9) = 9

Apr 6, 2021 4:26 am
Elena strode over to the leather jacket. It was a rather nice jacket--nice enough that Elena was tempted to keep it.
Last edited April 6, 2021 4:30 am

Rolls

Investigation - this rather nice jacket has pockets - (1d20-1)

(1) - 1 = 0

Apr 6, 2021 4:27 am
Charlie tries the door handle and finds that it is locked. Aside from that nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.
Apr 6, 2021 4:31 am
Elena touches the jacket, thinks, "This is a nice jacket".
Puts on the jacket and forgets she was gonna check the pockets.
Apr 6, 2021 4:41 am
Gharn put everything he found in his bag and took a mental note to check the contents of the bottles later on.
He took a couple of steps back and tried to ram down the door.
Last edited April 6, 2021 10:19 am

Rolls

Strength check - breaky breaky door - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Apr 6, 2021 4:56 am
Gharn charges past the huddled figures of Charlie and Aira in a flash of leather and a cacophony of rattling mettle as he shoulder checks the compromised slab of wood. With ease he blows right through it and into the space beyond, nearly falling over the railing not five feet from the door.

The door leads to an outdoor terrace, and what's outside is disheartening. There is absolutely nothing, save for darkness and void , looking down Gharn sees the the house is simply floating in a black void.

Before he can even begin to process this information however, a man clears his throat to Gharn's right.
Sitting against the railing in an ever growing pool of his own blood, is a hooded man, clutching his gut and pointing a very ornate looking crossbow at Gharn's head.
Apr 6, 2021 5:01 am
"Whoa there lad, are you alright? We can help you, just lower that thing before you prickle anyone. You can call me Inquisitor. How may we call you?"

Gharn has Shield ready as a reaction
Apr 6, 2021 5:08 am
The man does not lower the crossbow.
"So you... can talk... that's a start." The man says through gritted teeth and an ocean of pain.
His finger hovers near the trigger. "Tell me..." His head droops a bit.
"Staying... or... leaving?"
Apr 6, 2021 5:26 am
"Sir," Charlie catches the man's attention. He emerges from hiding behind Aira, "We're not going to hurt you if you lower your weapon. I can help you. You're clearly injured, and you won't do well on your own. Just put the crossbow down. You seem to have met the same redcoats we did. Thank you for your help, now let us offer you some."

The lowest Charlie can roll on Persuasion is a 17.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Apr 6, 2021 5:32 am
The finger moves away from the trigger, but the crossbow doesn't move.
The hand clutching his wounds moves to his side, a fresh spout of blood pours from the obvious gutshot from one of the muskets.
The bloody hand comes back up holding a shining green orb.
"Staying... or... leaving..."
Apr 6, 2021 5:52 am
Elena, who had wandered over during the course of the exchange, stands at the back of the group.
"What do you mean by staying or leaving?" she asks, eying the green orb warily.
Apr 6, 2021 5:57 am
"Key...Stone..."
"Squatters..."
"Staying... or... leaving..."
His grip tightens on the orb.
Apr 6, 2021 10:41 am
"I don't see a reason to want to stick around more than necessary. But what about the Squatters?
He turns to Charlie "Can you do anything to help him recover?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Apr 6, 2021 10:46 am
Gharn puts the pieces together shortly after the words leave his mouth, as the man allows the crossbow to go limp,
"Are you going to stay here forever, or are you going to try to leave"
Given how he was holding the orb, Gharn is also quite sure he was going to chuck the orb into the abyss if he didn't like the answer.
Apr 6, 2021 5:08 pm
"I can't speak on everyone's behalf lad. We barely know eachother... Myself, I have other business to attend as soon as we get over with this... Things tend to be quite weird lately, both during being awake and asleep... Just let us help you, right Charlie?"
Apr 6, 2021 5:32 pm
With barely any strength left, his crossbow on the floor, his grip failing on the orb he says.
"Take... her... with... you..."
His head slumps and his breathing becomes erratic.
If he is to be saved, something must be done soon.
Apr 6, 2021 10:50 pm
"He did put down the crossbow." Charlie admitted, cautiously approaching the dying man, With one hand he took the orb and with the other, Charlie grabbed the man's hand. He whispered his mother's reverent spell.

Charlie casts Cure Wounds on That Dying Man in Particular as a second level spell.

Rolls

Cure them wounds - (2d8+3)

(12) + 3 = 6

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.