Manor of Origin

load previous
Apr 6, 2021 10:58 pm
The man's breathing stabilizes, some of the color returning to what Charlie can see of his skin. Its hard to tell through the blood coating the man, but the bleeding seems to have stopped as well.
However he appears to have lost consciousness, and his grip on his the orb is now non existent.
It now rolls around on the stone terrace, coated in a thin layer of bloody handprints, glowing brightly.
Apr 6, 2021 11:08 pm
Charlie grabs the orb, examining it closely.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Apr 6, 2021 11:20 pm
The orb flares upon Charlie touching it.

An image flashes through Charlie's mind. A handsome young man with platinum blonde hair smiling softly with his arms around two hazy humanoid figures. Followed immediately by the same man in a dark cave with a look of horror and realization on his face.

The orb then returns to its softly glowing state, emitting a sort of pressure on its immediate surroundings.
Apr 7, 2021 10:27 am
"Charlie?... Everything alright?" said Gharn with an investigating look. "Should we just take a short rest? I think we need to talk a bit, facing unknown dangers and all..."

Rolls

Perception - whatddup Charls? - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Apr 7, 2021 11:48 pm
"Yeah, a rest would be nice," Charlie agreed. He offered the orb to Gharn, "Did you want a look, Inquisitor?" He tilted his head towards the unconscious man, this time addressing the entire party, "And what are we going to do about him?"
Last edited April 8, 2021 12:02 am
Apr 8, 2021 2:17 am
Aira snatched the orb from Charlie's grasp before Gharn could get his hands on it. "I'll be taking that, thank you." She turned it over thoughtfully in her hands. She pulled a handkerchief from her satchel and began scrubbing away at the dried blood.
Apr 8, 2021 10:33 am
Gharn gave Savant an exasperated look;
"As I said before, we need to rest and talk. And honestly that is. The more we know, the better our chances to get out of this safe are."
He looked at the downed but stable man;
"As for him, he'll have his share of explaining to do as soon as he comes to his senses."
Apr 17, 2021 6:12 pm
"A rest would be nice." Elena sat down on the floor. "As for the talking, I'm saying squat 'till I know who I am dealing with."
She looked at Inquisitor, "Since it was your idea, why don't you go first."
Last edited April 17, 2021 6:13 pm
Apr 17, 2021 6:55 pm
"Ah..." Gharn sighed "Naturally... Well, I was a member of the police force back home, so I am a quite able fighter; there's more to that though." He swept the hair covering the upper left part of his face and eye, revealing a dark red mark and a bright blue eye with a golden circle around the pupil. "I also know a bit of magic, a talent passed to me by my late mother that I honed into being an Eldritch Knight. Also I'm a half-orc, courtesy of my father's bloodline. He trained me with the sword." he added with a toothy grin, which was previously well concealed. "I hope you get a general idea of my capabilities now. How about you?" he said looking around. "Got any specialty we could use in this mess we got into?" said Gharn and munched on some jerky he got out of his bag.
Gharn took out the book he found to skim through the pages.
Last edited April 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Rolls

Investigation - book skimming - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Apr 17, 2021 7:36 pm
"I don't understand it, Inquisitor." Charlie said, "You throw around the word 'magic' like it doesn't phase you. My abilities are something I've been hiding my whole life. Obviously, among you few, my secret is out." He hesitated, as if he didn't want to share his next words, "Like Inquisitor, my mother taught me. She was incredible. The wrong people found out about her abilities and I found her without a head." Charlie brought himself back to the present, "That was years ago. I don't know if her murderers know about me, but if so, I keep worrying that I'll be found headless sometime soon." His demeanor changed a little too suddenly and Charlie gave a goofy smile, "I know it wasn't much about me, but I have to save some stories for later, don't I? Who's next?"
Apr 18, 2021 5:34 pm
[ +- ] Book Contents
Apr 21, 2021 6:33 am
"If we're all doing the whole introduction thing, I guess I'm next." She pulled a cigarette from her purse along with a Wonderlite. Soon, smoke puffs enshrouded her. "I don't have any of this magic nonsense you all keep blabbering about. And I don't have dead parents either," she turned towards Charlie, "my condolences, by the way."
"I grew up in an abbey in Wales. The nuns fostered my love for knowledge, as well as taught me a few tricks to defend myself." She gestured to the room behind them, "As soon as I felt comfortable leaving the abbey, I began studying at Oxford. It wasn't legal, of course. Those pricks probably won't let women study for a few more decades. So I broke in." She shrugged and continued, not paying mind to the eyes upon her. "The rows upon rows of books, filled with elegant charts and graphics. They started me on my crusade to collect and protect relics of the past. Tomes. History. Clarity."
"And I've been traveling the world ever since; working with a highly-skilled group of clerics to restore the past." She paused in thought for a moment, "If I left England in 1892, that means I've been traveling for a little over 30 years."
Apr 21, 2021 9:50 pm
"I'm sorry, did you say 30?" Charlie clarified, before registering that it might be impolite to ask the woman her age.
Apr 21, 2021 10:13 pm
"You look great for your age," Elena remarked with surprise.
"Well," she continued, "now that I know that I am not the only one who has participated in somewhat, how should I put it, unsavory activities, and the looming fact that you all could die in here, I guess I'll share.
"As you three have probably noticed, I'm a gal who knows her way around a gun. I also happen to be a member of a less than reputable organization who, among other things that may or may not be legal, transports restricted items that folks need. We also offer protective services for businesses,"
she shrugged, "What can I say, Chicago can be rough."
Last edited April 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Apr 21, 2021 11:24 pm
"Thank you very much," she said sincerely. She took the opportunity to fluff her hair. "I was born in 1872, so I guess I'm a bit of an old-timer now. But a good moisturizer and a clean spirit will do wonders for your looks."
"By the way, I am glad you are skilled with a gun, Trigger. It's time more women got down to doing what they enjoy." Aira winked in her direction.
Apr 21, 2021 11:39 pm
"Well," Charlie laughed to himself, "Here I was, thinking I was the only criminal in the bunch." After learning that he wasn't alone in his less than legal behavior, Charlie found himself more willing to open up.

"After my mother's untimely death, my wife and I took off, never in the same place for too long. It's hard to find a steady job when you move every six months, so I became a bit of a conman. We have a son, my wife and I. Mostly we've moved for him. Magic is hereditary, and..." Charlie let his sentence die off, "I don't want anything to happen to them."
Apr 22, 2021 10:19 am
Gharn lifted his eyes from the book he was skimming through and with a worried look said:
"Hey Savant, take a look at this since you're the scholar type o' lass..." he hesitated and added "I have something to share with you... I had a series of weird creepy dreams... Savant will probably be able to connect some points with the book I gave her to check... Here's what I dreamt of... The dreams...
Apr 24, 2021 2:17 am
Aira gave him an approving look for sharing his dreams with her. "Well, it seems to me you've been visited by a hero. As the book states, "Heroic spirits are the legendary souls of heroes that are elevated beyond the cycle of rebirth and kept within the Throne of Heroes." This bandaged man you speak of, it seems as if he was trying to warn you about the dangers of the Counter Force. We should all probably heed his warning, especially if the powers that be have chosen us to stick together."
Last edited April 26, 2021 4:09 pm
Apr 24, 2021 8:12 pm
"What is this thing about True ancestors? Do you know anything about that?" Gharn asked Savant whilst he begun to get frustrated as he couldn't get a straight answear as to what he got himself into...
"Ya think this poor lad knows enough for us to figure a way out of this mess?" he said giving a dismayed look over to the resting wounded stranger.
Last edited April 24, 2021 8:15 pm
Apr 30, 2021 4:45 am
"Unfortunately, I do know what the term True Ancestors means, but I fear you are already overwhelmed as it is, and I don't want to absolutely blow your mind. So suffice to say, they're not good. Like really not good. And they want to kill you. And I want to kill them. Understand?" She looked for any sign of recognition in his face before moving on and turning towards the group.
"I don't think we should stay out here near the void. Charlie, Trigger, would you two be interested in returning to the bedrooms we found earlier to sleep? I'm exhausted."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.