Manor of Origin

load previous
Apr 30, 2021 12:59 pm
" We don't have time for that. We need to get moving now,"
The hooded man, still coated in his own blood, braces himself against the doorframe. His body trembles as he uses all his strength to stand.
Apr 30, 2021 6:40 pm
"Easy there lad! You're in a bad bloody shape yourself. You need to rest, or at lest let us help you treat your wounds."
said Gharn as he jolted towards him to keep him steady.
Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm
The man swats way the concerned Inquisitor's hands, and reaches into a pocket. He produces a couple of funny looking red leaves and shoves them in his mouth. He chews for a few seconds then swallows. He shivers, perhaps in disgust, and then pushes himself off the doorframe to stand. He no longer trembles.

" I'll be fine, at the very least i won't be dying anytime soon. "
He clutches at his gut and winces. " I certainly ain't in fighting shape though."
He turns to face the group. " Time is short so i ain't gonna bother being civil. I need your help and i need it fast. If you've got questions i'll give you five minutes, after that i'm gone."
May 1, 2021 6:20 pm
"What's the rush for lad? What's going on? What do ya know about this place? And how should we call you? Can't really tell you me name, but call me Inquisitor." said Gharn with a toothy and reassuring at first glance, but worried smile.

Rolls

Insight - anything I can make out of him - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

May 1, 2021 7:17 pm
Inquisitor try’s long and hard to get a read on the man’s face. However he can’t seem to focus on his face at all. For a moment he’ll fixate on a singular feature. The shape of his chin, a flash of orange hair, the color of his eyes, but the moment his attention wavered he’d forget the details. It wasn’t natural.

The man huffed. "All I know is the damn house don’t play fair."
He gestures to the group. " I had my own group, I heard the same spiel that it gave you, we were eight as opposed to your four. We did what the damn thing wanted. We found a damn keystone, but the moment we did it spouted some crap about it being to easy. Then it teleported us one by one to godknows where in this god forsaken hellhole. I was last, and it dropped me right in the middle of that horde of Husks. Y’all saw how that turned out, so who knows how the rest of them ended up.

He took a deep breath. "If ya gotta call me something though, go with Archie."
May 7, 2021 7:59 am
Did ya figure out what's the deal with these keystone shite then Archie lad? Shall we go back downstairs then?
May 7, 2021 4:33 pm
"Beats the hell out of me. Though if ya ask me I don’t really get the feeling the thing wants anyone to get their hands on all of em."
May 19, 2021 6:26 pm
Gharn gives Archie an inquisitive look as he tries to read him for any clues his behaviour might give away.
"But what IS that it wants? Did you figure out what this thing does by the way?"

Rolls

Insight - anything I can make out of him - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

May 19, 2021 7:49 pm
Gharn once again finds himself unable to focus on the other man's face. Gaining no insight into his expression nor his appearance.

Archie scoffs. " Its just a lump of raw magical energy, large and extremely compressed, but a lump no less. Not that i'm an expert in the subject."
May 20, 2021 12:23 am
"How would we know one of your friends if we met them? Is there some kind of code word we could give them to gain another ally if we need it? And was there anything else helpful you stumbled upon in the manor? Any tricks or secrets? Passageways, perhaps?"
Aira was getting impatient with the lack of concrete answers.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

May 20, 2021 12:32 am
Aira turns her gaze on the man and finds she can't focus on him at all. It doesn't seem natural.

"Most of em will be fine for awhile hopefully, they're all... unique people. The one i need to find as fast as possible is the kid."
May 20, 2021 4:33 pm
"A kid?" Charlie stiffens, "I didn't think there'd be children here. Was your group made of strangers, too? You need the keystones to get out of here, right? That's our only hope of leaving. I'm not going to let you run off with the keystone we got from you, so why not stay with us, or at least rest? You're struggling to keep yourself on two feet, Archie, why do you want to keep moving so badly? "
Last edited May 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Rolls

Insight - knowledge plz - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

May 20, 2021 6:17 pm
Charlie cannot read the man’s face, or remember anything about it for that matter. His body language however conveys he’s getting a bit irritable.

"The longer I wait the more likely that kid dies. That thing wants to kill us all and I wouldn’t be surprised for a second that it would drop a child into a lions den, perhaps literally."
He shakes his head and clenches his fist. "I’m not gonna sit around because I’ve got a bullet in my gut. I’ve pulled through worse."
May 25, 2021 3:43 pm
"There's something rather odd about you Archie... I understand your eagerness to get moving though, I really do. You won't make it far though with that bullet in ya."
said Gharn as he reached out with his inner magic and tried to figure out what is the deal with this bloke.

Rolls

Arcana - I spy with my lil eye - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

May 25, 2021 6:57 pm
Gharn activates a few of his magic circuits in order to sharpen his perception of what's going on with Archie. He finds that his efforts to perceive the man are once again thwarted. Given Gharn's knowledge of enchantments and other such magics, he is able to deduce that the man's cloak is heavily enchanted. Or ridiculously depending on who you ask. As opposed to similar enchantments, like the cloak of elvenkind, this cloak isn't just actively concealing his identity, its actively erasing people's memory of observing him. Gharn speculates that he probably wouldn't be able to remember the man's name if he didn't want him to. This cloak is either an extremely rare artifact, or some aspect of the man's power, and he doesn't know which could be worse.

"You seem to be under the impression that you can persuade me to stay. That's not the case, I'm leaving with or without you. I've asked you for help, and it is entirely your choice, but lets make this abundantly clear. You can't stop me, all of you combined can't stop me, with a bullet in my gut and half my blood on the ground. You. Can't. Stop. Me."

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+12)

(5) + 12 = 17

May 25, 2021 7:05 pm
Easy there lad... No one said anything about stopping ya. We're just concerned about your well being, that's all.

Rolls

Insight - crapping pants? - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

May 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Archie crosses his arms, and huffs.
" And i keep telling you, i'll be fine. I'm done going around in circles, are you coming or not?"
May 25, 2021 9:12 pm
If he said we couldn't beat him, we might as well join him, Elena reasoned to herself, And, it wouldn't hurt to increase our numbers.
"I say we go," Elena vocalized.
Jun 5, 2021 10:37 pm
OOC:
I will be continuing on as though everyone has agreed to follow.
Jun 5, 2021 10:45 pm
"I agree. This place is dangerous enough with only four of us." Charlie said to his companions. Then, turning to Archie he said, "C'mon. Let's go find the kid."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.