Gamers exPlane YouTube Series

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 30, 2021 4:01 pm
Great idea, bowlofspinach. I'll seek permission from the next interviewee and post that here, although this thread might start getting clunky.
May 30, 2021 4:20 pm
On Tuesday evening (North America time), I'll be interviewing @lavtodd. We'll discuss the usual, but also their experience with running a game on Roll20 vs GP, playtesting their own RPG, their webcomic and writing, and how being a creative compares to being a PBP player or GM.
Last edited May 30, 2021 4:21 pm
May 30, 2021 4:27 pm
Those all sound like very interesting topics. Plus, Lav already wrote me for a second about this so I'm very excited to see that episode.
I just hope she doesn't bash me too much 🤣
May 30, 2021 5:02 pm
How can I bash your game when my character was chaos incarnate? XD
Jun 4, 2021 8:03 am
Everyone has tickets and popcorn?

https://i.imgur.com/ubHVbkO.png
Jun 4, 2021 9:49 am
With that introduction, wide awake at 3:30 in the morning as thunder peals across the prairie night, lets pretend I drank my coffee super early and drop it:

Gamers exPlane - s1e03 - Qralloq vs Skeptical_Stun

First, we had some connection issues so there is a little bit of a lag between our responses. Sorry for that, but it doesn't really affect the quality of the stream, just adds some five second pauses between comments.

Following the interview portion, I've added a:
- Meme of the Week
- a brief viewer mail section, about seven minutes (send me mail to be answered in next week's video)
- an end of the video, one-minute wrap up

Lastly, I think I mention in the intro another new segment called Qralloqian Lore (tip and trick) segment but it didn't make the final version.

I think this style of video will be the new format, but execution may vary.

Thanks to Skeptical_Stun for going along with the interview given the lag. Maybe I'll see you in a Deadlands game later this year!
Next week, Runekyndig and I bridge an eight hour time difference and talk about stuff for sixty-nine minutes and we certainly could have gone longer. Again, send me any feedback or Qs for Q&A, which I'll likely record on Tuesday.

Thanks again for watching!
Last edited June 4, 2021 10:23 am
Jun 4, 2021 9:49 am
Adam says:
Everyone has tickets and popcorn?

https://i.imgur.com/ubHVbkO.png
Adam, you got too much graphical time on your hands. I f'ing love it !
Jun 4, 2021 3:37 pm
runekyndig says:
Adam, you got too much graphical time on your hands.
Too much time?

Jun 4, 2021 4:10 pm
Haha, that's ridiculously wicked. You're hired.
Jun 4, 2021 4:16 pm
Qralloq you are getting better and better at hosting this thing. The new segments are great. Really appreciate these videos. Keep them coming!

Adam LOL! When's your episode? It's bound to be the most verbose. XD
Jun 5, 2021 12:48 am
ancient.astronaut.64 says:
Adam LOL! When's your episode? It's bound to be the most verbose. XD
Heck yeah, I want to hear about your pipe collection!
Jun 10, 2021 11:19 pm
Episode Four has been released early. https://youtu.be/DS0j59C13QA

In episode four, I interviewed Runekyndig. We talked about GP and about storytelling heavy vs crunchy systems, why new users might be abandoning GP shortly after joining, tools to use to assist with your gaming, and what gaming obstacles there are for non-native-English speakers.

I also added a Meme of the Week, in QQ&AA I answered a question about clashing with other players, and in the new segment Qralloqian Lore, I divulged a tip and trick on why you might start clicking a little black box.

Next week, I'll publish an interview with LavenderTodd, with whom I had another interesting talk.
Jun 10, 2021 11:27 pm
Those topics sound super interesting. But it's past 1 am. I think I have to wait until tomorrow to watch...
Jun 11, 2021 2:53 am
The benefit of having subscribed to the channel is I get notified when Qralloq published early. Very interesting talk you and Runekyndig had!
Jun 11, 2021 3:01 am
Learned quite a bit from that video and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know about the last post feature.
What was that you were drinking later in the video, Qralloq? Pineapple juice? I guess you have to stay healthy to be in and run so many games!
Jun 11, 2021 3:07 am
Windyridge says:
Learned quite a bit from that video and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know about the last post feature.
What was that you were drinking later in the video, Qralloq? Pineapple juice? I guess you have to stay healthy to be in and run so many games!
Talking is thirsty business. Gotta stay hydrated.

Len

Jun 11, 2021 4:34 am
Great points about the "join a game" functionality of the site.

Hoping you eventually do a tip on making character sheets public by clicking on the mysterious 'book' icon in the Characters page and turning it red.
Jun 11, 2021 12:32 pm
Qualloq says:
Talking is thirsty business. Gotta stay hydrated.
so true.

how is the podcast format coming along?
Jun 11, 2021 1:44 pm
Oh yeah, podcasts. I have to figure out how to extract the audio from my videos which should be nearly trivial. After that, Anchor should work great.

I'll make time for that this weekend.
Last edited June 11, 2021 1:44 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.