OOC Chat

load previous
Jun 5, 2021 2:06 am
Works for me. Any earlier and the time between Loop and Flood becomes too much for our purposes
Jun 5, 2021 4:02 pm
Alrighty, I'm figuring out last details (and a picture) about my lil rocker. Need connections. Got bootleg motley crew TDK to trade.
Jun 5, 2021 4:33 pm
Hey Antiproduct. Maybe your lil guy and Andy could have been trading tunes? Let's see what your rocker is all about and we can discuss more if you are interested.
Jun 5, 2021 4:48 pm
Sure thing, as soon as I get the chance to get on my computer. Probably after my little one is fast asleep 😜
Jun 5, 2021 4:49 pm
No rush, take your time. :-)
Jun 5, 2021 8:41 pm
So, defining relationships is what most of us have yet to establish? Cause I have a question; I have a pride of standing up for someone and maybe what Ridge proposed. Do we need a direct connection with all or it could be indirect (a friend's friend etc)?
Probably have an npc relation as well.
Jun 5, 2021 10:26 pm
We should probably all have some connection or some reason to hang out with each other, right?

@KCC, is the setup for the adventure we'll be playing one where we are thrown together or should we figure out how we are all connected in at least some way before we start?

KCC

Jun 5, 2021 11:26 pm
The start of the adventure will be you all catching up after some test-taking before Christmas break! You’re a friend group, or at least all connected enough to at least talk to each other after school. Maybe sharing a school bus, or family connection maybe if the gap is pretty huge. The Nerd with the Jock cousin who looks out for him type of thing!

Schools out and you want to go hang out with the guys before mom gets on your case about cleaning up before the Christmas visitors arrive!

KCC

Jun 6, 2021 4:28 am
OOC:
+-+—testing—+-+
This is a test!
Jun 6, 2021 6:27 am
KCC69 says:
OOC:
+-+—testing—+-+
This is a test!
and a rickroll
Jun 6, 2021 12:06 pm
Ok, all I need is a connection (direct or indirect) with Bowl's character and I'm pretty much ready I think.

[edit]
This should have been on character creation? I'm getting confused xD A dedicated discord could come in handy (Yeah Q, I suggest that to everyone.)
Last edited June 6, 2021 12:08 pm
Jun 6, 2021 3:23 pm
We do have the GP: Tales From The Loop channel, and we're the only crew using it so far. If that changes, a dedicated server might be apros pos
Jun 6, 2021 3:26 pm
Also, GP now has a YouTube tag.

So you can embed videos within a post and play them on the page.
Last edited June 6, 2021 3:27 pm
Jun 7, 2021 6:11 am
Cool on the YouTube embeds. Not so cool on Rick Astley. C'mon, I already had to live through that once! ;)

Question on our location. I see Boulder, Colorado listed. Very different than Boulder City, Nevada. Purposeful change? Snows a lot in Boulder, for example, and hardly ever in Boulder City...

KCC

Jun 7, 2021 6:34 am
Haha, oops. I was listening to the song Highwayman this morning and Boulder Colorado was in my head. Will change!
Jun 7, 2021 7:33 am
Another thing, the Flood canonically happens around Christmas 1994 and the Hoover Dam Disaster in early 1995, so if we're around 11 in '85 now, our characters would be too old by then to be characters.
Unless we move some of those dates around, which I'm not opposed to. Just something I thought to mention

KCC

Jun 7, 2021 7:40 am
Okay. Amended!
Jun 7, 2021 7:52 am
Yea, Things from the Flood has a very limited time frame it can happen in according to the lore in the book. I think only between 1995 and 1998.
But as I said, I'd have been fine with saying "In this game, the Flood happens in '92" or something. I don't mean to be an "Uhm, actually"-type nerd 😄
Jun 7, 2021 11:19 am
Uhm actually, you are that type of nerd. Pysch!
Jun 7, 2021 2:54 pm
Yeah, I've seen a couple of actual plays do what we're planning -- take kids from the Loop to the Flood, and in at least one case they just breeze past that the kids are now early 20s... and it didn't seem to affect how the game played at all.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.