TftF Character Creation

load previous

KCC

Jun 12, 2021 6:57 am
Hello all! Will get to character creation some point tonight.

Looks like we have a Jock, Snob and Rocker so far!
Jun 12, 2021 7:09 am
KCC69 says:
Hello all! Will get to character creation some point tonight.

Looks like we have a Jock, Snob and Rocker so far!
*rolls eyes* "Whatever."

heh. Yeah, that's right. We're not too far into things right now. Just starting to figure out how we all know each other.
Jun 12, 2021 8:52 am
Rllbbryn says:

I suppose Eric and Sabine know each other from school - just need to think of how they were more than passing acquaintances. I don't think Eric would be part of any clubs (other than hockey), though I'm sure we can figure something like that out if everyone else wants.

Perhaps his younger brother is getting into rock and Eric approached Sabine for advice, striking up an unlikely friendship?

I'm not sure where your characters live, but perhaps we all happen to be on the same school bus together? The first three or four people to get on the bus each morning?

Anyway, just throwing ideas out there!
I'm sure that over the course of the last 2+ years Eric and Sabine would have passed each other in the halls or around town. She lives in town. If he is getting his little brother to music lessons, they may even have crossed paths at the same music school. IIRC, music lessons in Sweden are free?
Jun 12, 2021 9:09 am
@C1NDER,

I happened to notice this in your first character brief up-thread.
Quote:
...while he tries to rebuild the friendships and other relationships he lost when his parents sent him away.
You mention friends and relationships. He left for boarding school at age 12? Could there be a friend or relationship that has changed in interests from how he remembers back then and is now Sabine's friend or relationship...now into rocker culture and maybe into her?

This may be the cause of some mild friction between them. He's only been back for a few months. It could also be a starting point for an odd friendship. I gather he also likes music, with the mention of his collection of CDs.
Last edited June 12, 2021 9:14 am
Jun 12, 2021 10:58 am
RageRed says:
@C1NDER,

I happened to notice this in your first character brief up-thread.
Quote:
...while he tries to rebuild the friendships and other relationships he lost when his parents sent him away.
You mention friends and relationships. He left for boarding school at age 12? Could there be a friend or relationship that has changed in interests from how he remembers back then and is now Sabine's friend or relationship...now into rocker culture and maybe into her?

This may be the cause of some mild friction between them. He's only been back for a few months. It could also be a starting point for an odd friendship. I gather he also likes music, with the mention of his collection of CDs.
This is what I was starting to work towards with that, but at the time needed to wait and see how other characters fleshed out.

I like the idea of having been friends with one or more of the other teens before he left for boarding school. Now upon returning he tries to continue those friendships where he left off, but finds that in just a few short years everyone has changed so much. It never occurs to him that he's also changed a lot, and those friends - though they remember him fondly and are willing to give me a chance, find him to be utterly annoying at times.

I like the idea that one of those friends could be Sabine's friend, and maybe that's how were introduced. He definitely likes music and gets really into it, but doesn't talk about it much - none of his boarding school 'friends' cared about music and made fun of people that walked around with their discman chained to them all day. He'll need to get over that.

@Bryn, what do you think of Eric and Mikael growing up together and being friends up until Mikael moved away? I feel like the rich cool kid and the athletic, popular jock could have been pretty good friends. Then any connection Eric has with Sabine could extend to me as we try to resume our friendship now that I've returned to Stenhamra.
Last edited June 12, 2021 11:05 am
Jun 12, 2021 12:04 pm
@Cinder - that works for me!

So - Eric and Mikael were childhood friends, recently reconnected. Eric met Sabine while he was dropping off and picking up his brother and they got chatting. Then Eric would have introduced Mikael and Sabine at some point, probably at school, but maybe out and about in town.

Just need to introduce QCC now!

KCC

Jun 12, 2021 12:13 pm
I’ll be playing a Seeker for sure! I’ll put him together tonight! If the kids sleep early :D
Jun 12, 2021 12:15 pm
Excited to see a Seeker. I'm leaning towards that in your game, once we get to Flood, but it'll also depend on how my character's arc will play out until then

KCC

Jun 12, 2021 2:33 pm
Oops. Actually ended up with a hacker. Divine inspiration sorta hit me! :D submitted!
Jun 12, 2021 2:36 pm
Accepted the sheet, though unseen for now. I'll have a look later. Maybe you can share some backstory with us so you all can figure out how you're acquainted

KCC

Jun 12, 2021 2:48 pm
So I envisioned Yumin and her family as immigrants into Sweden, with her father working at the labs at the Loop or what have you. They relocated a few years before the present day. The change was difficult for Yumin (in some ways. In others, sweat relief.) and she withdrew somewhat into herself. The language on its own was enough of a hurdle for a young girl to cross.

Time spent away from socializing was instead used to become familiar with computers and technology. She had clearly inherited some of her father’s brains. As the years went on, she did begin to appreciate the life that Sweden offered her, especially during those tender teenage years, where life in Korea could have been quite, well... soul crushing. Sure, omma would like if if Yumin studied more, but away from that rat race lifestyle back home, well... Yumin got by alright.

And she won some awards here and there, which kept omma off her back. Something to brag about to her friends back home, when she had the chance to talk with them! And isn’t that all any mother really wants anyway?
Jun 12, 2021 3:52 pm
Nice to see a Hacker. A Seeker would have been cool too, but we were really shy on Tech skills.
Jun 12, 2021 3:55 pm
@ KCC,

How long since Yumin and her family immigrated? Sabine is also not a true native even though she has family who are.
Last edited June 12, 2021 3:56 pm
Jun 12, 2021 3:56 pm
Quote:
but we were really shy on Tech skills.
...which may come in handy 😉
Jun 12, 2021 3:57 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
but we were really shy on Tech skills.
...which may come in handy 😉
No doubt.
Jun 12, 2021 4:03 pm
I've been thinking and if you still like the idea of all (or at least most) being from outside Stenhamra proper and on the same bus to and from school, I can use that as a way to get you into the mystery even without you being a dedicated friend group like the adventure is assuming for the start...
Jun 12, 2021 4:15 pm
RageRed says:
...Eric and Sabine would have passed each other in the halls or around town. She lives in town. If he is getting his little brother to music lessons, they may even have crossed paths at the same music school. IIRC, music lessons in Sweden are free?
Jun 12, 2021 4:19 pm
Maybe you'll have an excuse to take the bus then. Might visit one of the others, potentially for Eric's brother
Jun 12, 2021 4:21 pm
Or maybe to investigate some rumors with the others...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.