TftF Character Creation

load previous
Jun 12, 2021 4:22 pm
Hmm. I hadn't decided yet if Mikael lives in or out of town. I'm thinking his family probably has a fancy house outside of town
Even if 3/4 of us ride the bus, is that enough to pull Sabine in that way too? Would it be possible for her to take the bus one day to do something with Eric after school ?
Jun 12, 2021 4:27 pm
What I have in mind can totally work if not all of you take the bus normally, as long as you have a strong enough Drive to get you curious about looking into some rumors until you get wrapped up in what's happening...
But if some of you come into town with the bus at least, that gives you some additional incentive, I think

KCC

Jun 12, 2021 4:28 pm
I’d say that she’s been around long enough that she can call back to funny little adventures she had (maybe alone, or with an as-of-yet unnamed NPC) while the Loop was doing its thing. Dad would have come to work there. So what’s that? 5, 6, 7 years?
Jun 12, 2021 4:30 pm
Sabine's mindset is that being a Junior and riding the school bus is a mark of shame. She's old enough for a driver's permit and nearly old enough to get her license. She can drive a car, but her aunt won't let her get the permit. This is assuming that in Sweden teens still need a guardian's signature to get your permit?

So far, it seems music is the glue that binds. What's the chance Sabine has a part-time job at a music store in town a couple nights a week and there's a break room in back that can be used to chill or even play games when the store closes?
Last edited June 12, 2021 4:45 pm
Jun 12, 2021 4:39 pm
I'm mostly just thinking out loud. I'll find a way to get you all where you need to be 😉
Quote:
I’d say that she’s been around long enough that she can call back to funny little adventures she had (maybe alone, or with an as-of-yet unnamed NPC) while the Loop was doing its thing. Dad would have come to work there. So what’s that? 5, 6, 7 years?
The Flood happened unexpectedly about half a year ago, so even if she had just come here one year ago, she could have had an adventure or two. But 5-7 years ago would put her more into the Tales from the Loop age range so that might also be something nice to consider.
Quote:
So far, it seems music is the glue that binds. What's the chance Sabine has a part-time job at a music store in town a couple nights a week and there's a break room in back that can be used to chill or even play games when the store closes?
I definitely like that idea. Teens don't have a dedicated Hideout mechanically like Kids in Tales from the Loop have but you could still have that as your "hideout" anyway. Sabine could have a key and be allowed to hang out there outside of work hours as long as she keeps everything clean. Or she might not be allowed to but still do it. Who's going to find out if the owners don't live right there?
Jun 12, 2021 4:42 pm
Here's an idea:

Would anyone be opposed to the following?

Yumin would have known Mikael prior to his leaving for boarding school. This unnamed friend of hers was also known to Mikael. He may have had a crush on the friend. When school started in '92 Yumin and her friend became acquainted with the new girl, Sabine. Over the course of the next couple years, the unnamed friend [Kajsa] grew closer to Sabine than maybe first known, as her GF.

I've been working on the NPC GF for a while now, but I haven't given her much details so far, save for her name.
Jun 12, 2021 4:44 pm
Tying all of you together through one shared NPC could definitely be a good idea!
Jun 12, 2021 4:49 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Tying all of you together through one shared NPC could definitely be a good idea!
Kajsa could be a cousin to Eric on his mother's side or a cheerleader, possibly both.
Last edited June 12, 2021 4:50 pm
Jun 12, 2021 5:13 pm
All sounds good to me - Kajsa, the music store hang out, etc. We can work in to what extent Mikael knew Yumin before he left for boarding school. Maybe they were top students in the same class together? Mikael excelled in math and language classes.
Jun 12, 2021 9:15 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/kMQKK6Rw/Kajsa.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/RJ3CJNss/Kajsa1.jpg

Kajsa Roos

DOB: 12 July, 1978
Current Grade: 11th

Traits: Nurturing, intuitive, affectionate, protective, loyal

She is a cheerleader, with interests in dance and music. She aspires to be a model one day.

Connections:
Cousin to Eric Pettersson on his mother's side. Childhood friend, and secret crush at the time, of Mikael Schantz. Friend to Yumin Kim. Girl friend of Sabine Vass.
Last edited June 13, 2021 9:44 am
Jun 13, 2021 3:22 am
RageRed's idea works for me! We're all connected through knowing Kajsa Roos - she's Mikaels old friend, recently reconnected since he came back. Yumin and her have been friends for quite a while, Sabine joined their circle and is now Kajsa's gf. Kajsa is also Eric's cousin, I'm not sure how old she is, but I'd guess a couple of years older than Eric - perhaps she often comes over to help his mum. Eric would have then know and have become part of the group through his cousin.
Jun 13, 2021 9:30 am
Rllbbryn says:
Sabine joined their circle and is now Kajsa's gf. Kajsa is also Eric's cousin, I'm not sure how old she is, but I'd guess a couple of years older than Eric - perhaps she often comes over to help his mum. Eric would have then known and have become part of the group through his cousin.
I am thinking Kajsa is 16 and will become 17 during the summer break. As a female Cancer sign, she is very nurturing and protective of family and close friends. This would work quite well for her wanting to help her aunt. I am going to update Kajsa's mini-bio above.

Oh, and don't forget Eric's little brother and Sabine take music lessons at the same studio/music school.
Jun 13, 2021 10:29 am
Quote:
Quote:
I definitely like that idea. Teens don't have a dedicated Hideout mechanically like Kids in Tales from the Loop have but you could still have that as your "hideout" anyway. Sabine could have a key and be allowed to hang out there outside of work hours as long as she keeps everything clean. Or she might not be allowed to but still do it. Who's going to find out if the owners don't live right there?
This could explain everything about Sabine's work situation.

https://i.postimg.cc/CKfWf807/Leo.jpg

"Oh! I'm the Boss, Man?"
Jun 13, 2021 11:39 am
Since this is all taking shape, I'll throw out the second half of character considerations as well now.
[ +- ] Iconic Item
[ +- ] Problem
[ +- ] Drive
[ +- ] Shame

[ +- ] Friction
Jun 13, 2021 5:31 pm
@KCC,

How old is Yumin and what grade is she in?
Jun 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Looking at her sheet, she's 17
Jun 13, 2021 5:44 pm
Thanks for the info bowlofspinach
Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am
bowlofspinach says:
Since this is all taking shape, I'll throw out the second half of character considerations as well now.
[ +- ] Iconic Item
[ +- ] Problem
[ +- ] Drive
[ +- ] Shame

[ +- ] Friction
I think I've added most of those to my character page now.

Have we thought about the friction at all?
Jun 14, 2021 1:28 pm
bowlofspinach sent a note to Rllbbryn
Jun 14, 2021 6:57 pm
RageRed says:

You mention friends and relationships. He [Mikael] left for boarding school at age 12? Could there be a friend or relationship that has changed in interests from how he remembers back then and is now Sabine's friend or relationship...now into rocker culture and maybe into her? [Kajsa]

This may be the cause of some mild friction between them. He's only been back for a few months. It could also be a starting point for an odd friendship.
@Bryn,

I introduced the idea of some mild friction in the group with having Kajsa once being Mikael's un-professed crush before he left for boarding school at age 12. There's also the building and re-building of friendships.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.