load previous
Dec 16, 2021 7:26 pm
crazybirdman says:

Fax integration for people without internet access? 📠
Shhh. Harrigan will hear you.
Dec 16, 2021 7:33 pm
crazybirdman says:
Adam says:
🤣 There are no bad ideas. But if there were...
Fax integration for people without internet access? 📠
YES! or maybe change that to text would work slightly better.
Dec 16, 2021 7:49 pm
Adam says:
skeptical_stun says:
Natural 20s on a d20 should be little food emojis! 🌭🌮🍔🍕🍩
Wait... does that include the aubergine emoji?
Maybe for a crit fail? 😂
Dec 16, 2021 7:53 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Maybe for a crit fail? 😂
https://y.yarn.co/1312ec32-db4b-4d0e-a763-ef262f225e0f_text.gif
Dec 16, 2021 11:50 pm

?

I have no idea what I'd do with this information, but I like charts.
I have no idea what I'd do with this information, and therefore it's pointless clutter.
It looks a bit like a 1980s graphic equaliser.
Dec 17, 2021 12:03 am
Maybe that should be opt-in? But I would like to see it :)
Dec 17, 2021 1:52 am
Charts! Charts! Charts! Charts!
Dec 17, 2021 11:41 am
An idea just popped in my head for a feature that would help me immensely. In the Tools portion, I'd love a GM Notes tool that is just a text editor that is tied to each game that I can update and save at will. Creating Notes in the game itself is a nightmare when I'm trying to find a specific note and a thread is 30 pages long. It could serve as a Turn Tracker, group info, or other uses if its visible to everyone. I just want something that is not tied to a single post or page in a long thread.
Dec 17, 2021 2:59 pm
nezzeraj says:
An idea just popped in my head for a feature that would help me immensely. In the Tools portion, I'd love a GM Notes tool that is just a text editor that is tied to each game that I can update and save at will. Creating Notes in the game itself is a nightmare when I'm trying to find a specific note and a thread is 30 pages long. It could serve as a Turn Tracker, group info, or other uses if its visible to everyone. I just want something that is not tied to a single post or page in a long thread.
This is something I've thought about, but I think I wouldn't end up using it. It's too convenient to keep notes using a cell phone app that syncs with a website application, for instance, Microsoft's One Note. I've also used Google Drive docs or, in a pinch, an email draft using Gmail.

That's not to say I'm stepping on your idea, just that there are other options available that might also be convenient.
Dec 17, 2021 3:05 pm
nezzeraj says:
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes! It might be nice to have an option to make it visible to just the GM, just the GM and a select player or two, or to everyone. And to have, perhaps, the option for more than one in a single game.

As an example, when I'm running combat in Star Wars/Genesys, I like to have an initiative tracker visible to all players so they know whose turn it is. However, I also like to keep a private note for myself with a running tally of enemy hit points, status conditions, etc. that the players aren't necessarily privy to.
Dec 18, 2021 2:31 am
My solution for notes is to either:
1) create a thread in the game I call GM Secrets that has my game notes in Notes to myself; or
2) create a GMPC and keep all my notes on that character sheet. That way it's available from every page in the game.
https://i.imgur.com/xyJD5Fr.jpg
But the idea of a Public Notes thread tied to the game rather than a post is great, especially if it had a quick link or display toggle.
Dec 18, 2021 6:28 am

Help me, SW FFG players. You're my only hope.

Yes. Use the source.
No. These aren't the features I'm looking for.
I have a bad feeling about this.
Dec 18, 2021 7:18 am
Great idea. This could also be useful in Modiphius' 2d20 game (Dune, Conan etc) where you need to track a common pool of momentum points.
Dec 18, 2021 7:25 am
Stefron says:
Great idea. This could also be useful in Modiphius' 2d20 game (Dune, Conan etc) where you need to track a common pool of momentum points.
Some implementation notes: under the hood, it's repurposed poll code - but one that tracks history instead of user votes. Because it's secretly a poll it means they have to live on posts (not character sheets) and you can't have more than one in a post.
Dec 18, 2021 8:11 am
That's awesome. Loving all these ideas.
Dec 18, 2021 12:31 pm
Destiny tracking would be wonderful! Like Stefron noted, other games have a similar mechanic, so it's potentially more broadly useful than Star Wars/Genesys.
Dec 18, 2021 3:41 pm
It's a Life Day miracle!
Dec 18, 2021 11:52 pm

Show system and open/closed status in the tavern threads

Yes. It might work 🙄.
Stop pushing the game-to-tavern link. We don't like it.
game-to-tavern-what-now?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.