1: The Light of No Tomorrow

load previous
May 18, 2022 5:09 pm
"Not you, shieldbearer. The beings of true power."

The orcling looked from Presto to Malchor with the same evil grin.
May 18, 2022 5:42 pm
Eric looks at Presto with alarm. "What's he talking about kid?"
Last edited May 18, 2022 5:42 pm
May 18, 2022 5:52 pm
Malchor turned a shade of pale, reached into his robe, and produced a blue orb which he pondered furiously. He turned to Presto and the others in turn with a grave look on his face.

"One of you should get Diana."
May 19, 2022 2:07 am
Diana looked at Sheila with concern. If she'd seen something, why hadn't she told everyone? "What did you see in the forest?"
May 19, 2022 4:48 am
OOC:
Bobby goes to collect Diana and Sheila, but I'd like to give @timplausible and @RageRed the chance to RP their conversation before Bobby finds them.
Last edited May 19, 2022 5:20 pm
May 19, 2022 2:45 pm
Hank's bow was now semi-raised in his hand when the transformed orc commander mentioned a diversion. Their enemies wanted the party to be away saving Varla and Lorne so that they could do what?
May 19, 2022 10:52 pm
Sheila looks down at the floor when Diana asks why she hasn't bee so forward with her information. "I've been trying to find a way to without hurting Bobby or thinking about whether it was..." She pauses and looks to Diana with a obvious pained expression. "I stumbled across the remains of a dead unicorn. It appeared the Orcs and Trolls ate it. I am afraid to think it may have been one we knew from the past or even...Uni."
Last edited May 20, 2022 10:10 am
May 19, 2022 11:53 pm
Diana covers her mouth in shock. "Dear God..." She starts to say something reassuring, about how there are lots of unicorns, but stops herself. That would be an expression of desperate desire to protect her friends, but not necessarily an expression of wisdom. She puts her hand on Sheila's shoulder. "I can deliver the news if you want, when the time is right. But we shouldn't keep it hidden. Better to discuss it here, where things are controlled, than to have it come up out in the field." Diana gives Sheila's shoulder a squeeze. "I got your back," Diana says. It's the only honest reassuring thing she can come up with.
May 20, 2022 10:16 am
"Thanks Diana." Sheila says putting her hand up to cover her friend's at her shoulder. "No. I should be one the to say it. I found it. I don't want Bobby to hear it from anyone else." She pauses and adds absently looking toward the ceiling of the room, "Please don't let it have been Uni. Please..."
Last edited May 20, 2022 10:17 am
May 21, 2022 6:48 am
As if on cue, Bobby appears around the corner. "Hey, you two. They need you back there."

Rolls

Insight: do I notice something's up? - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

May 21, 2022 7:08 am
OOC:
If either of you choose to try and keep things under wraps, roll Deception.
May 21, 2022 7:05 pm
"Ummm..Oh hi Bro. We need to chat before all going back in there." Sheila begins and motions for the big barbarian chef to come closer. She shares a glance with Diana, takes a deep breath, and nods. "I need to tell you something. Its bad..."
May 21, 2022 11:43 pm
"What is it, sis?" Bobby's still sipping from his tea cup.
May 22, 2022 1:01 am
Sheila closes the remaining distance between she and her brother and gently takes hold of his tea cup. "Maybe you should sit down for this?" She suggests and tries to take tea in cup out of Bobby's hands. She knew him well enough, that his strength alone would likely mean an end to the dainty china cup with the news.

She waits a moment to give her brother the opportunity to sit down and then sighs. "Bobby, I found something disturbing out in those woods beyond the ruined castle before you came after me. I've been processing it myself and waiting for the best moment to tell you. The Orcs and Trolls...they...Umm. I found what was left of one of their meals I think. I was beyond recognition, but I could identify it as a...unicorn."
Last edited May 22, 2022 1:02 am
May 22, 2022 3:30 am
Bobby's face drains of blood. There are only two ways this can go: either the big man starts smashing stuff, or he turns into a quivering pile..... At times he has even fainted. Thankfully at home with Terri.

Bobby squeezes his eyes shut and tries to calm his breathing. With supreme effort, he unclenches his big fists.

"Is it... NO. No, it's not. When we arrived I heard Uni's voice in my head. I know she's alive."
Last edited May 22, 2022 3:31 am
May 22, 2022 8:09 am
There appeared to be an intense conversation happening, and Hank respectfully gave the space needed for that to happen while he continued to look outwards towards the clean up work taking place where the caravans were, watchful for danger.
May 22, 2022 6:51 pm
Diana keeps her distance, to let Sheila comfort her brother. However, she does grip the Staff a little firmer, in case Bobby needs a gentle reminder not to take his anger out on anything or anyone nearby.
May 22, 2022 9:48 pm
"I hope you are correct, bro." Sheila says honestly. "Though I can't confirm that for you and I wanted you to hear it from me, as I know you have always had a special connection with the unicorn of the Realms."
Last edited May 23, 2022 6:48 am
May 23, 2022 12:16 am
Bobby nods, and spends a few more moments in the chair, taking deep shuddering breaths while clutching Terri's locket in an effort to calm himself. When he feels confident enough to stand without wobbling he rises and leads the way back to the others.
May 23, 2022 12:35 am
"What's wrong, Bobby?" Varla asked, the concern on her face evident. "You're so pale."

Lorne doesn't seem to notice as he watched the now grinning orcling.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.