load previous
May 13, 2022 7:18 pm
OOC:
Only for the remainder of a minute
Last edited May 14, 2022 2:59 am
May 13, 2022 8:01 pm
annex says:
OOC:
If that was Misty Step, it'll fail thanks to the anti-teleportation warding. I'll say you Spider Climb instead. ;)
Roll me Perception to try and see those prints as well as to hear where she's grumbling from as she angrily storms away.
OOC:
My apologies, I forgot about that. I've been really out of it this week being sick. Dayquil technically doesn't put you to sleep, but you're definitely spaced out while you're on it.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

May 13, 2022 8:42 pm
Presto can't see any signs of Sheila but he can hear receding grumbling coming from near the fort entrance. At least she's still nearby.
May 14, 2022 12:41 am
OOC:
I'm not sure I understand what's happening now, but if Diana is able to usher people out of the fort, she will, starting with Lorne and Varna.
May 14, 2022 12:49 am
OOC:
The Hypnotic Pattern may have complicated things but everyone will be back to normal... in my next post in a few hours.
May 14, 2022 5:03 am
The glowing symbols disappear after a minute, leaving everyone a bit startled but really no worse for wear... at least physically.

"Can... Can we go now?" Varla asked shakily.

Sheila came back to her senses not too far from the fort in the closest section of broken forest.
annex sent a note to RageRed
May 14, 2022 9:07 am
"I'm with Varla. Let's get out of here."
May 14, 2022 11:53 am
Bobby staggers to his feet. Though the magic's worn off he's still quite shaken. Back on Earth he's had episodes exactly like this, and magic had nothing do with it. In many ways, those were much worse. Only Terri's ever seen him like that; he's talked to Sheila about his anxiety attacks but she's never witnessed them first-hand. Sheila! Bobby dashes out the gates to make sure his sister's okay.
Last edited May 14, 2022 11:56 am
May 14, 2022 3:09 pm
"... out, out!" Hank's words continued where he had left off, before he realised it was too late and that a good number of them can already been affected. Still, he shooed everyone, and reminded himself to be more vigilant, beginning with a guarded survey of the courtyard itself as they regrouped, and then by ducking his head out of the exit first before anyone else.
May 14, 2022 5:33 pm
Upon hearing Bobby's voice, Sheila gives a quick look around here and then heads back to meet her brother. "Bobby! Let's get out here. I don't like this place."
May 14, 2022 8:04 pm
OOC:
FYI - Diana was not going to wait in the courtyard.
She was headed all the way out first thing, along with whomever she was ushering.
May 14, 2022 8:31 pm
It takes about two minutes of walking to get out of the anti-teleportation ward.

You hear the sounds of a large group moving through the forest, no doubt the reinforcements Commander One-Hand referred to.
annex sent a note to Ezz.
annex sent a note to RageRed
May 14, 2022 9:56 pm
"Everyone else hide. I stink at it, so I'll stay here and see what's what. You all can back me up if it turns into a fight."
May 14, 2022 10:08 pm
OOC:
Hopefully we can BAMF back to Presto's tower? Or are they blocking our way out of the no-port zone?
Last edited May 14, 2022 10:09 pm
May 16, 2022 12:05 am
Presto, breathing hard, catches up to the others. "Sorry, I...not a jogger. Just...ok. Alright. Everybody link hands, try to form some kind of circle."

As they form up, Presto chants the precise combination of runes and draws the second, underlying set in the air. Blue light follows his fingertips and hangs motionless in the air. As the runes begin to spin and surround them, he links hands with Diana to his right and Eric to his left. As the crashing through the trees gets louder, the world goes light, everyone experiences a sense of vertigo, and the familiar smell of burnt wagons reaches their noses. The world reappears in front of their eyes. They're in a small glade surrounded by natural rock about 20 yards from Presto's tower. Safety.

Presto sighs. "Ah...well. Not what I thought I would be doing this afternoon, heh. Come on, let's get inside. I'll get something strong to drink for us all."
May 16, 2022 5:26 am
Varla threw her arms around Presto and hugged him tightly before awkwardly letting go and moving a few steps away.

For all the fires and smoke Presto saw earlier, none of the Vistani wagons are beyond repair.

"Special wards. How do you say is it on your world? Ah! 'Flame retardant'," Lorne explained as he walked over to an injured friend. "You'd be surprised how often angry mobs try to burn Vistani caravans. We can have all this repaired in a week."
May 16, 2022 5:29 am
"By the Ivy Mansion, you did it," Malchor Harpell said with an actual smile on his face. "Why did those orc bastards do all this?"
May 16, 2022 12:48 pm
Only after they had successfully teleported to Presto's Tower did Hank finally let his guard down, somewhat. The glow of his magical bowstring faded as he released his 'grip' on it. Your arrows aren't needed for now, he communicated. With the combined might of the entire party here, Hank was slightly less wary of another orc raid, but made straight for the caravans to see if help was needed. Varla and Lorne seemed to be taken care of by the others. "Any ideas Presto?" Hank called out to his friend in reply to Malchor's question.
May 16, 2022 12:51 pm
"I don't know about the rest of you, but that smelled like a trap to me. Well, a trap and burnt troll." Eric grins.
May 16, 2022 1:25 pm
"Oh we all knew it was a trap before going in but there was no way we weren't rescuing our friends! Anyway, whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!"

Bobby helps wherever any heavy lifting is needed.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.