2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

load previous
Apr 13, 2023 5:04 am
Sheila moves closer and studies the open pages.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+17)

(20) + 17 = 37

Apr 13, 2023 1:10 pm
Presto struggles to his feet. Something about the canopic golem drove his spell into a feedback loop and exhausted him more than it should have. He rounds the corner and raises a hand towards the flailing iron golem, hoping to make it harder for it to recover its sight.
OOC:
Mind Sliver, Iron Golem needs to make a DC21 INT save. If it fails, it takes 4d6 psychic damage (though as a golem, there's a good chance it's immune) and subtracts 1d4 from the next saving throw it makes. I know it's immune to the damage, hoping it's not immune to the effect? Hard to say.
Last edited April 13, 2023 1:11 pm

Rolls

Psychic damage - (4d6)

(5611) = 13

Apr 13, 2023 1:35 pm
OOC:
It is immune and that immunity extends to any effect that would proc from taking that damage type.
It *is* auto-failing Dex and Str saves, though. I'll let you Disintegrate it. :)
Apr 13, 2023 2:04 pm
Sheila's brilliant understanding of demiplanar compleation came in very handy. The spell created a small pocket dimension, most likely the distortion she saw on the balcony. Though she didn't have the components required to create one, she discovered the command words to manipulate an already extant one.

hrupk AsFTYDZFst ZFst - Reveal exile zone
AtFApcEzn AsFTYDZFst ZFst - Access exile zone
CebD AsFTYDZFst ZFst - Destroy exile zone
Apr 13, 2023 5:41 pm
annex says:
OOC:
It is immune and that immunity extends to any effect that would proc from taking that damage type.
It *is* auto-failing Dex and Str saves, though. I'll let you Disintegrate it. :)
OOC:
But muh Chain Lightning slot!

Nah, I'll turn it to dust. Everyone likes dust!
Just as Presto is ready to release an attack on the mind of the golem, he decides that's a terrible idea and turns it to dust instead. It collapses into a gently wafting pile and everyone begins to wonder whether or not iron golem dust is a carcinogen.
OOC:
10d6+40 has 50 minimum damage. It ded.
Last edited April 13, 2023 5:43 pm
Apr 13, 2023 7:11 pm
Diana might have grown wise from her years of training and cosmic ki, but she was still a child at heart. She drifted down and spun midair, causing the disintegrated golem dust to swirl around her invisible form. "Look, it's a rust devil!"

She then flitted away and landed beyond the stairs to survey their rooms. "Anything worthwhile up here before we head through? I could use a few minutes to recenter."
OOC:
I can activate her staff to reclaim some ki, likely bringing her to half her ki allotment. However, a short rest would also top her off. What works for the group? :)
Apr 15, 2023 2:04 am
OOC:
The DM suggests hurrying. Who knows what poor starchild Kosar is going through at the hands of these eeeeeevil spellcasters?
Apr 15, 2023 8:03 am
Bobby rushes upstairs. "Hey sis! We got rid of those big guys. You okay?"
Apr 15, 2023 11:52 am
With the golems reduced to gems and scrap metal, there was no reason to maintain the lethal lights. Bobby rushed into the accessible half of the upper floor but Sheila was, as usual, nowhere to be seen. Perhaps she was behind the closed door to the other half.
OOC:
The minute of hopelessness is up. Sheila's back to normal.
Apr 15, 2023 9:54 pm
Sheila quickly pulls out paper and writing instrument from her artist's supplies and writes down the command words so she doesn't forget them. She hears Bobby call out and moves toward the door.
Apr 15, 2023 10:23 pm
Sheila knew there had to be an arcane lock on the door... but this one was only stopping people from getting in. She materialized and opened the door easily.
Apr 15, 2023 10:51 pm
"I have found the access command words for the barrier on the balcony." She informs her friends. "Its the entrance to a demiplane."
Apr 18, 2023 1:38 pm
"That's why friend couatl did not detect Kosar anywhere here. He's being kept on a different plane. Same tactics everyone, once Sheila opens the portal, let's be ready."
Apr 18, 2023 8:09 pm
"A demiplane?" Bobby asks, scratching his head. "Is there anything keeping us from going in and wrecking their day? I don't know much about demiplanes, but if its anything like this one, I bet I still have a solution to the problem." He hefts Thunderclub up onto his shoulder in demonstrating, reaching across with his free hand to pat the handle.
Apr 19, 2023 8:11 am
Sheila approaches the balcony and recites the password to open the doorway to the demiplane. Then, steps aside and vanishes once more.
Apr 20, 2023 12:14 am
Presto clears his throat.

"I recommend caution, friends. If he is on a demiplane, there is no telling where it is or what could be there. We could be opening up an active volcano of the plane of fire, or a bubble of reality in a plane of the caster's own creation, hosting its own set of physical laws unlike anything we've ever seen, or...I don't know, the playground of a McDonald's in Ohio. Man, how much do I miss McDonald's..."
Apr 20, 2023 12:30 am
Motioning to his shield, Maybe, I should go first with the shield. Eric moves closer to the doorway. Using his telepathic connection with the shield, Eric thinks Shield old buddy, if you see or hear anything out there you'll let me know, right?
OOC:
The Shield..... as well as hearing and darkvision out to a range of 120 feet. The Shield can speak, read, and understand Common and Celestial, and it communicates telepathically with its wielder in a deep and resonant voice.
Apr 20, 2023 12:37 am
Dreaming of a cheesburger, Bobby licks his lips. "Let's just hope that's the case, Presto. The McDonalds, not the volcano. You know what I meant."

He places a hand on Eric's shoulder. "I'll be right behind you, buddy."
Apr 20, 2023 10:42 pm
At the command word, the balcony doorway went from hazy to transparent. The demiplane was about twenty by twenty feet, populated by a man and a woman in dark robes who stood over a bound kneeling man. All three were within a pentagram apparently drawn on the ground in blood from the still bleeding wounds of your friend, Kosar! A red energy surrounded them but they were plainly visible.
[ +- ] Kelek & Skylla

Kosar
"My friends, to touch the symbol is death!"
Kelek
"Silence, starman! If you won't open the portal to save your own life, perhaps you'll open it to save theirs!"
Skylla
"I've wanted to melt these meddling fools for decades!"
OOC:
You're all ten feet from the demiplane doorway (wide enough for one person at a time), and the edge of the blood pentagram is ten feet from the doorway.
[ +- ] You know what this means...
Apr 21, 2023 12:58 am
Bobby prepares to rage.

Rolls

Initiative (advantage) - (2d20H1+2)

(1312) + 2 = 15

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.