Chapter 4 - Salar

load previous
Jul 13, 2016 12:36 am
"A little warning next time, Friend" Ütés says with a smile. "Wasn't sure what happened to you."
Jul 13, 2016 6:56 am
Nix grins sheepishly. "Hiya! Sorry, I just thought I'd try it. Spur of the moment. How long was I gone? Did you miss me? I heard Aelar calling, sort of. Could you hear me calling back? It was super boring and lonely. What do you know about the Astral Plane, Xadira?
Last edited July 13, 2016 6:56 am
Jul 18, 2016 5:05 pm
Nix continues to ply Xadira with questions, hardly letting the elf get a word in edgewise, "I mean, once there was this person and then he wasn't there anymore and then there was this monster thing with a big mouth and tentacles and it had Aelar's voice but not really and it was calling my name and then it was gone and I could swim in the silver clouds except it wasn't swimming I had to use my mind then I could scoot around real fast except I couldn't really tell because everything looked the same..."
Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm
I nod along quickly as Nix describes her experience. "Really! That is quite fascinating! How large were the silver clouds? Would you say the tentacled individual disappeared quickly, or faded while you responded to it? Did you speak to it with words or with your mind?" I quickly jot down notes as both of us speak, while simultaneously trying to recall what I know of the astral plane.

Rolls

History/Arcana? - (1d20+8)

(8) + 8 = 16

Jul 19, 2016 7:43 pm
"Everything was super quick, except for the clouds - they were moving slow like. I tried speaking but it didn't work so I tried with my mind and that did something to the clouds but no one answered and I got worried you'd all be worried so I came back."
Jul 21, 2016 3:08 am
"The best way to work out a complicated situation is sound logic and quick thinking. Excellent instincts, Nix! And as to your previous question, Ütés, Fawkes can take many forms. I am particularly fond of hawks, however. There's a certain wisdom in their eyes, wouldn't you say?" I stroke the hawk's beak.
Jul 21, 2016 12:28 pm
"He's certainly a beautiful creature," Aelar says, walking over and reaching out toward the bird. His hand stops several inches away and he looks to Xadira for permission to touch the bird.
Jul 21, 2016 6:28 pm
Nix peers closely at the hawk. "How do you even know it's a he? I don't see any funny parts."
Last edited July 21, 2016 6:50 pm
Jul 21, 2016 6:56 pm
"I asked him, of course! One should never make presumptions as that would be rather rude." I give Aelar and Fawkes a nod, and the bird hops onto his hand, leaning his head forward and staring at Aelar. "He's rather friendly. Just stay away from his claws and tail feathers."
Jul 21, 2016 6:58 pm
Aelar gently pets the bird's head and stares into its overly intelligent eyes, marveling at the beauty of the creature.
Jul 21, 2016 7:33 pm
"Hiya, Fawkes! Nix sends telepathically, smiling broadly.
OOC:
Mind Meld
You can communicate telepathically with one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. You don’t need to share a language with a creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances, and the creature understands you even if it lacks a language. You can allow a creature to respond to you telepathically, but it must understand at least one language in order to communicate this way. You can’t communicate with an unwilling creature.
Last edited July 21, 2016 7:34 pm
Jul 21, 2016 8:15 pm
Fawkes' eyes scrutinize Nix before he responds. You've got something stuck between your teeth. How embarrassing.
Jul 21, 2016 10:49 pm
Nix jumps up and down, clapping her hands excitedly. "He talked to me! I mean, I talked to him first - that is, I said hi with my mind. And he talked back; said I had something in my teeth! How cool is that?!" Nix points out the thing in her teeth as if to prove that Fawkes is right.
Jul 22, 2016 2:21 pm
"He seems to like you. He's not normally very chatty. He's an excellent scout. The first time I summoned him, I was able to see through his eyes and determine the location of Aelar's troupe. It was incredibly helpful, although quite disorienting! Flying is dizzying. Not actual flying, but the sensation of it through his eyes. Especially when... well, he met an untimely end. He doesn't feel pain, but it was upsetting nonetheless."
Jul 28, 2016 4:07 am
"What about the rest of you? Have you had a chance to test out your new equipment?" I look towards Aelar and Ütés. "Has Firn come back yet? He seems to be taking quite a long time."
Last edited July 28, 2016 4:07 am
Jul 28, 2016 5:32 am
Firn is still in the soldier car ahead, conversing with the occupants about the incredulous idea of inspecting the roof of a moving vehicle.
Jul 28, 2016 12:50 pm
Aelar smiles and holds the hilt up, and making sure there's nobody that'll get hurt by doing so, extends the shimmering blade with a mere thought, "Beautiful, isn't it?"
Aug 6, 2016 2:37 am
"Truly, just magnificent. Warm, like the sun. Or perhaps that is just my imagination! Well, in any case this blade seems much more useful than a torch."
Aug 16, 2016 6:07 pm
"I'm going to go see how Firn's doing." Nix announces, heading for the soldier car.
Aug 16, 2016 6:12 pm
"Fawkes will join you. He will be my eyes and ears! And wings, of course!" I laugh at my joke before finding a comfortable spot to sit back down. Fawkes lands on Nix's shoulder.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.