Chapter 4 - Salar

load previous
Aug 29, 2016 5:08 pm
"What's going on over there?" Aelar asks Xadira, curious now as to what's going on.
Aug 29, 2016 7:32 pm
"Why can't I se anythign?" wonders Firn, uncertain of how far he's pulled himself up towards the roof of the car.
Aug 30, 2016 1:53 am
"Hey! Get down here before you hurt yourself! Xadira, are you seeing this? Can you guys help me with Firn? I don't wanna have to get in his head!"
OOC:
I see/hear none of whatever's up there, correct?
Aug 30, 2016 2:02 am
I shake my head, vision returning to my eyes as I mentally release Fawkes and call him back to my shoulder. "What? Oh, right, yes. Fawkes is incredibly perceptive! He/I, we... there was some kind of commotion a few train cars ahead. Skittering and some kind of whispering. It wasn't very clear, but perhaps Firn was correct in his assessment that there is something strange going on, perhaps in that direction."
Aug 30, 2016 2:04 am
OOC:
You do not. So far only Firn and Xadria (as Fawkes) has seen or heard anything.
Firn seems adament about trying to get on the traincar but is making little drunken progress.
OOC:
Firn, you can try the agility/athletics check again if you want to break free and attempt to climb again.

I should also note, as far as I know Xadira and the rest are still inside the next train car and Nix, Firn, and Fawkes, are wrestling just outside that car.
Aug 30, 2016 2:06 am
OOC:
Yeah we're in between cars. Nix was using Fawkes as a microphone to talk to Xadira.

Nix is physically trying to restrain Firn so he doesn't hurt himself .
Last edited August 30, 2016 2:07 am
Aug 30, 2016 7:06 am
Firn is in no position to pull himself up onto the roof, his body already having to contend with impaired balance on a moving platform. He is easily moved in whichever direction he is guided.

And the genasi suddenly stands still. He looks over at where Nix's head would be if she were his height, and mutters, "Don't mfeel good." His blue face seems to have taken the color of deep-sea algae.
Sep 4, 2016 5:02 am
"Oh dear, we should see what they're up to..." With furrowed brow, I move to the next car in search of Firn and the others.
Sep 6, 2016 2:23 pm
Xadira steps outside the train car to the loud thundering in the tunnel and finds a very Blue-green looking Firn seeming to talk to the air above Nix. She seems to be wrestling with him to get him to stop trying to climb up on top of a train car.
Sep 7, 2016 3:56 pm
Firn finally stops trying to climb the car and instead grasps the rail to steady himself...

...to no avail. The hard alcohol swimming in his stomach finally finds a new outlet as Firn vomits everything onto the tracks.
Last edited September 7, 2016 3:57 pm

Rolls

Constitution - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Sep 8, 2016 1:30 am
I don't even look at him- my head turns one direction as my arms instinctively motion towards Firn and with a few whispered incantations, he's cleaned up as best as I can do. When I'm done he vaguely smells of tea.
Sep 9, 2016 10:40 pm
"Are you alright, Firn? We can't investigate the noises you heard if you're in this terrible state. Oh dear..."
Sep 11, 2016 4:38 pm
"Somethig's up there," mumbles Firn. "Soundsl ike talking, scratching. Got worried, ctogotta check it out." He slowly sinks until he sits on the walkway between cars, one hand holding onto the rail.
Sep 11, 2016 4:40 pm
"I don't hear anything, Firn." Nix says. "Do you guys hear anything?" she asks Xadira and Aelar.
Sep 13, 2016 12:06 pm
I nod vigorously. "The sound seems to be coming from a few cars ahead."
Sep 13, 2016 3:32 pm
"So he's not just crazy? Alright... Xadira, can you show me where the sound is coming from? I'll go take a peek for you, Firn, you rest."
Sep 13, 2016 4:07 pm
At this moment, as you are discussing this in the space between cars, Phina continues in her workshop to tinker, and Utes is back in the team's car you hear a noise. A sort of loud WHUMP sound. This is followed briefly by a cloud of black smoke that suddenly overtakes the tunnel, and then passes as the train speeds along. You all hear this sound, even over the loud clacking and chugging of the train as it continues down the track ceaselessly.

The raucous sounds coming from the soldier's car even go quiet as they all seem to have heard the noise as well. The sounds of the speeding train resumes as before.

What do you all do?
OOC:
As for train setup the main engine was up front. Followed by a small car carrying coal. This is apparently used to fuel whatever machinations power this thing. After that is the soldier car, and there is no door on the other side of the soldier's car, as there is nothing out there to get between the cars.

You would need to climb along the outside of the train to get up to any areas in front of the soldier's car.
Sep 13, 2016 4:59 pm
Firn seems to nod, seated where he is by the door.
Sep 13, 2016 11:09 pm
*looks up from her maps with an annoyed expression*

Should have just taken mounts

*looks back down at her maps*
Sep 19, 2016 7:00 pm
"Do you know where I can find an accurate layout of this train, including the cars ahead?" I hug my cloak a little closer. It's risky, but perhaps less so than climbing along the train?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.