Chapter 4 - Salar

load previous
Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm
Nix's eyes go wide when Xadira puts the magnificent haqk on her shoulder. "Neat! You and I are gonna be such good friends, Fawkes!"
Aug 16, 2016 7:02 pm
Fawkes digs his claws into Nix's shoulder and occasionally stretches out his wings, smacking her in the face.
Aug 16, 2016 9:16 pm
Having gotten back to her studying of the maps, Ütés lets out a light chuckle at Nix's enthusiasm.
Aug 22, 2016 3:35 pm
As the intrepid duo of Nix and Fawkes open the door to get to the soldier car they are also greeted with the loud sound of the train chugging through the underground tunnel at a fast clip. The sound drowns out anything else and with a few steps they open the solider car door and slip inside. Here they are greeted by the raucous sound of soldiers in their dice games.

At the edge of this group they see Firn standing near a few soldiers saying something about sounds above the car. The soldiers talking to him seem to be giving him a bit of a look and a few strong drinks to try and calm his obvious nerves.

Why don't you just relax and play a round of king's dice, a female soldier says to him, giving him a small laugh, It'll help pass the time.

Xadira, sits in the other car, eyes white as she takes in the scene through the eyes of Fawkes.
OOC:
I'm assuming Xadira wanted to see what was going on there too, which means she needs to use the eagle's eyes, and loses her own sight.
Aug 22, 2016 7:19 pm
Firn has been multitasking, trying to convince the soldiers to take a look upstairs while also downing whatever drink is offered to him. "Maybe just poke a head out?" he says, words slightly slurred.
Aug 22, 2016 9:23 pm
"Hey Firn, what's up?"
Aug 22, 2016 9:27 pm
As Nix speaks up the female soldier turns and gives you a relieved smile. Oh good. This guys been a bit high strung and ranting since he got in here. You may want to take him back to the other car. He keeps talking about things on the train, she says as she sort of turns Firn to meet Nix and tries to push him to walk back.
Aug 22, 2016 11:12 pm
Firn turns as directed. "Hey," he says. "You musta heard it? Them things... on teh... the roof." He lifts a finger to indicate upward. "Makin' lotta noise. We shoudl see... should. See."
Aug 24, 2016 4:16 pm
"Noise? I dont hear anything, buddy!" Nix turns to the soldiers. "Do you guys hear anything?" Nix cocks an ear upward.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm
Over the noise of the soldiers enthralled in their games and chat you can hear no noises. The soldiers pushing Firn towards you briefly cock their heads upwards but seem mostly to ignore the idea. We are in a tunnel carved through the very earth. We have to be at least 100 feet down below the surface. I think maybe you two should go get some sleep. Being in a dark tunnel like this can really play tricks on the mind if you aren't used to it.

She keeps pushing Firn, towards you Nix.
Aug 24, 2016 5:27 pm
"Trust me, I know all about mind tricks." Nix says wryly, taking Firn's arm. "C'mon, Firn, let's go."
Aug 24, 2016 5:31 pm
"Yeah, okay," says Firn, easily guided by the sober arms. "We can look on our own."
Aug 24, 2016 5:37 pm
"Are you serious? " Nix whispers as she leads Firn away. " You really wanna climb up on the roof while the train's moving?!"
Aug 24, 2016 5:47 pm
Firn appears to definitely want that, as he attempts to look for a ladder or something between the train cars. Should there not be a ladder, he will try to grab the edge of the roof of the car the others are in and do a pull-up.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Aug 24, 2016 5:55 pm
As Firn drunkenly staggers around between the traincars he looks like he wants to try and jump up to grab the top of the car but his first attend ends as drunkenly as you would imagine and he jumps, but gets nowhere near high enough to reach up onto the car.

From Nix's point of view he tried to jump, but his feet never actually left the ground.
OOC:
I giggled a bit seeing that roll. :)
Aug 24, 2016 6:42 pm
"C'mon, you! Maybe you better lie down." Nix tries to wrangle Firn back into the train with the others.
Aug 24, 2016 7:11 pm
Fawkes gives a cursory look upwards while in-between cars.

Rolls

Perception (w/advantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d20+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

Aug 24, 2016 7:16 pm
Fawkes, still perched on Nix's shoulder, and with the sight and hearing of Xadira, looks up at the top of the train car Firn was trying to get onto.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Moofsalot
Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm
"Lying donw doesn't allow me make me see up there," says Firn, clearly mis-pronouncing the word down.
Aug 29, 2016 12:11 pm
Without moving my head, I blurt out. "Strange noises. Whispering? Interesting."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.