Open Recruiting: Planescape Mega Campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic1 / dayAlordis
In the Planes, everything and I mean everything happens in threes. There's even a rule about it- the Rule of Threes. So is it any wonder that when there's trouble in the multiverse- true multiversal trouble it comes in threes as well?

First there's some mysterious Doors opening in Sigil- Four of them to be precise and an even more mysterious threat behind them.

Then there's a strange infection spreading throughout the multiverse- connected somehow to a little known method of planar travel known as the Infinite Staircase.

Finally, on Mechanism something strange has happened - the Great Modron March has started! That on its own isn't anything too unusual, but it's started five hundred years early, which for the ultra lawful Modrons can only spell some kind of trouble.

What exactly is this campaign: this will be a massive planescape campaign adapting as many as possible of the published modules to 5th Edition, built around the three large modules.
[ +- ] Modules
How Will this work? the initial kick off will be a scenario where all players are present in the vicinity of the Shattered Temple at the same time. From there, groups will filter off into investigating different leads that will take them down different paths dealing with the three core modules and other mysteries and adventures throughout the planes.

Who Can Join? Anyone- and I mean anyone. I might end up capping the group at some high number, but 18 players fits very easily into the framework and I could accommodate more if there were interest.

But wait, does that mean if I join I won't be doing (said module)? yes, that does mean that whole some players are investigating the Great Modron March, others will be walking the Infinite Staircase, etc. Not everyone will do every adventure, I promise all the paths will be epic and rewarding.

May 25, 2023 2:55 am
In the Planes, everything and I mean everything happens in threes. There's even a rule about it- the Rule of Threes. So is it any wonder that when there's trouble in the multiverse- true multiversal trouble it comes in threes as well?

First there's some mysterious Doors opening in Sigil- Four of them to be precise and an even more mysterious threat behind them.

Then there's a strange infection spreading throughout the multiverse- connected somehow to a little known method of planar travel known as the Infinite Staircase.

Finally, on Mechanism something strange has happened - the Great Modron March has started! That on its own isn't anything too unusual, but it's started five hundred years early, which for the ultra lawful Modrons can only spell some kind of trouble.

What exactly is this campaign: this will be a massive planescape campaign adapting as many as possible of the published modules to 5th Edition, built around the three large modules.
[ +- ] Modules
How Will this work? the initial kick off will be a scenario where all players are present in the vicinity of the Shattered Temple at the same time. From there, groups will filter off into investigating different leads that will take them down different paths dealing with the three core modules and other mysteries and adventures throughout the planes.

Who Can Join? Anyone- and I mean anyone. I might end up capping the group at some high number, but 18 players fits very easily into the framework and I could accommodate more if there were interest.

But wait, does that mean if I join I won't be doing (said module)? yes, that does mean that whole some players are investigating the Great Modron March, others will be walking the Infinite Staircase, etc. Not everyone will do every adventure, I promise all the paths will be epic and rewarding.

So when will this start? I still have some infrastructure to build, but we can start character creation now- I will aim to start next weekend depending on if a quarum of players are joined and complete with their characters.
[ +- ] Original Post
So when you are ready to join, come here and start making your characters.
Last edited May 28, 2023 7:03 pm
May 25, 2023 3:05 am
I don't really know anything about planescape except a quick Google search, but if you end up running it in 5e I would be interested.
May 25, 2023 3:08 am
I love Planescape and would be interested in 5e or 2e. Not Pathfinder, that system and I don't get along.
May 25, 2023 3:40 am
I love the planescape setting. Especially traveling around the planes, adventuring in Sigle and the philosophy debate among the factions (sometimes the debates take place with an axe)

I'm for 5e or PF2e. I'm not a fan of PF1e but for a good planescape game I would make an exception
May 25, 2023 4:19 am
I was literally talking to some people here a day or two ago about running one, so I'm glad you've pitched a game!
May 25, 2023 7:17 am
I would love planescape. I played it in 2e and still have a few boxed sets.

I'd play Either 5e or 2e (my 2e will be rusty, it has been many years ago)
I never played PF though
Last edited May 25, 2023 7:18 am
May 25, 2023 8:32 pm
Would def be onboard for that! 5e or 2e!
Last edited May 25, 2023 8:32 pm
May 25, 2023 9:07 pm
I'd be interested since Torment has given me some intrigue to the setting
May 26, 2023 5:08 pm
Well @Alordis what are your thoughts? There seems to be plenty of interest, and who doesn't like the bladepunk stile of Tony DiTerlizzi
May 26, 2023 7:55 pm
So I am definitely running a game- looks like 5th edition is the winner, but it will take me a bit to get the details together for creation and such.

I will be running a combination path of the published adventures- a project I've started a few times and gotten to various spots in but will try to get further on this time.

And yes I'll mercilessly pull he diterlizi stuff into posts haha
May 26, 2023 7:55 pm
So I am definitely running a game- looks like 5th edition is the winner, but it will take me a bit to get the details together for creation and such.

I will be running a combination path of the published adventures- a project I've started a few times and gotten to various spots in but will try to get further on this time.

May 26, 2023 8:00 pm
Alordis says:

Well you have your first applicant for the game. I want to do some artificer/bladesinger characters, but other than that I will await the story pitch so I can make a character that would fit in and strengthen the adventure.

EDIT: I will definitely play an active faction member and those are one of the unique features from the setting that I like the most.
Last edited May 26, 2023 8:13 pm
May 26, 2023 8:03 pm
Second! It'll be nice to play a game where it makes thematic sense to have such an eclectic group.
May 26, 2023 8:13 pm
Yup! Def would love an invite when your ready!
May 26, 2023 8:16 pm
Count me in please.
Last edited May 26, 2023 8:16 pm
May 26, 2023 8:49 pm
Would love to join! Back in ye olde days I played Planescape; Torment and absolutely loved it. Planescape is such a deviation from the generally lighthearted D&D fantasy settings. Such memorable characters too! Morte the floating skull, Annah of the Shadows, Ignus the ever-burning pyromaniac and of course the protagonist who is such a mystery. It really broke the mold. Teenage me really had to come to grips with playing a character like that. So picture me interested!

Oh, and 5E is my favorite D&D system so far, so happy to play in that.
Last edited May 26, 2023 8:50 pm
May 26, 2023 10:44 pm
I would certainly like to join as well for 5e.

I did DM so much Planescape / Forgotton Realms combo in the old days. I'd really like to play now.
I don't really have a character idea yet, but I am happy to fill up whatever the group needs.
May 27, 2023 4:35 am
I'd love to play in a Planescape game. I don't care what edition, but I'll check 2nd purely because the magic rules already work as written for 2nd, including spell keys and reduced castings and the like.

But I'd be just as happy with 5e or pathfinder (think PF2 could even work?)

I own all the boxed sets. I have almost all of the softback books (still missing like three of them). I've even written some Planescape campaign conversions for 5e.
Last edited May 27, 2023 5:42 am
May 27, 2023 5:30 am
I would be up for 5e planescape if you have room for me. My other 5e game fell through
May 27, 2023 11:51 am
Well my intention will be to take as many as possible- still working details on how to do that.

And yes, I am having to update the magic rules- not sure how to square that circle for sure.

And it would definitely never be pf2 for me- I bought literally hundreds of pf1 books so while I know there's people who enjoy it, it felt like a slap in my face that I was just not going along with.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.