1.3 - The Wyr River: Deeper Darkness

load previous
Feb 18, 2015 10:16 pm
***I am so relieved that cypher went off. We'd look pretty stupid if he was just sucking a mint***
Last edited February 18, 2015 10:19 pm
Feb 18, 2015 10:24 pm
Walking over to the corpse nonchalantly, Vult sifts through the remaining debris.

(OOC: intelligence test to determine more about what kind of reaction caused the incredible shrinking head. Specialized in Numenera)

Rolls

1d20

(16) = 16

Feb 18, 2015 10:39 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Tara checks the vital signs of the (M:3) mudman she has and then takes any obvious weapons. Then will get up and drag it back to where the others are before doing a more thorough search/interrogation/mercy kill. Upon approaching the group "The beams were crossed, but nothing seemed to happen so I went in and dragged him out just in case.. Seems quiet down that way for now." she sees the other mudman with a shrunken head, embedded rocks and stab wounds.. Tara's metal masks right eyebrow quirks upward in an arch.. "I'm not sure I want to know.."
Turning to Vult, the metal eyebrow's narrow and she looks him over appraisingly.. "So.. Vult was it? How did you come to be captured by these.. abnormals?"
Looking back at the woman, Vult replies, "A few associates joined me in a search for Numenera above ground, looking for ciphers and the like. We were ambushed by these ... creatures. They murdered my companions and dragged me underground. I suppose they didn't quite know what to do with me, or had some other purpose in mind."

He returns to his work, "But what would your name be?"
Feb 18, 2015 10:44 pm
"Looks like we kill these mucky bastards without question from here on out." Utazó mutters into the ground.

Brushing herself off she hears Tara mention the beams. "Hmmm, breaking the beams didn't seem to do anything at all. Time for a walk."

"I'm going to look up ahead a bit, make sure we didn't draw any attention from whatever was moving around up there." she says to the others as she points down the northern tunnel with her sword. Putting herself about 10 feet north of the rest of the group, she grouches down once again and tries to see if the light Yui and her saw before is still there.

Rolls

Intellect Roll - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Feb 18, 2015 10:48 pm
"My apologies, I am Tara" she says while she mentally berates herself for failing common courtesy.
Feb 18, 2015 10:58 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
"My apologies, I am Tara" she says while she mentally berates herself for failing common courtesy.
Making a brief shrugging motion, Vult responds, "Nice to meet you."
Feb 18, 2015 11:54 pm
"I'm Yui." Clearly untrusting of Vult, she says: "Take off your mask. I'd be more trusting if I could see your face." She waits a moment and then adds an insolently grudging "please". Must not forget my manners after all..
Last edited February 18, 2015 11:54 pm
Feb 19, 2015 1:40 am
Utazó takes off north and east. She gets to the point of the beams and seeing the tracks where Tara pulled the mudman back. One of the beams is still broken by a glob of mud or a rock. Focusing down the tunnel, the same dim light is refracting on the wall.

There is no movement or sounds coming from the tunnel.
Feb 19, 2015 2:26 am
Objulen says:
Walking over to the corpse nonchalantly, Vult sifts through the remaining debris.

(OOC: intelligence test to determine more about what kind of reaction caused the incredible shrinking head. Specialized in Numenera)
It looked and acted like a detonation device that increased the gravity centering around the area it was activated.
Feb 19, 2015 2:44 am
"Well, Tara it seems the mudman had a gravity bomb of some kind." Vult states, standing as he slides metal hands together, scraping off dirt and grime.
Kaizival says:
"I'm Yui." Clearly untrusting of Vult, she says: "Take off your mask. I'd be more trusting if I could see your face." She waits a moment and then adds an insolently grudging "please". Must not forget my manners after all..
An impressive face with metal eyes projecting a dim blue glow match Yui's. "Nice to meet you, Yui..." He answers, the synthesized tone friendly, though quickly tinged with hesitation and awkwardness.

"Um... hmmm.... how to put this." Vult takes a deep breath. "If I said I wasn't wearing a mask, well, would you...." trailing of with a heavily exhalation.
Last edited February 19, 2015 3:21 am
Feb 19, 2015 3:27 am
"Hi Vult" says the tall robed figure of Darazen. ***Pleased to meet you*** he adds telepathically. He doesn't wait for response as he sets off after Utazo.
Feb 19, 2015 3:52 am
"Hmph, sexy. I just don't like being able to read you is all." As Yui says this, she slowly (so as not to alarm him) reaches out and runs her hand along Vult's face, feeling the material and tracing it's shapes delicately. Who are you?She smiles after some consideration. "You'll do. We all wear masks in one way or another in this group anyway, it seems. I like you, I think." With that, Yui rises and follows Utazo and Darazen, gesturing to Vult and the others to follow.

Rolls

Intellect-trained - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 19, 2015 5:21 am
Tara mentally sighs.. ~That woman is either completely insane, or brilliant~ she thinks to herself.. The metal masks smirks a little ~Probably both~ and then she follows the rest of the group after having searched the bodies for anything useful.
Feb 19, 2015 12:41 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Tara mentally sighs.. ~That woman is either completely insane, or brilliant~ she thinks to herself.. The metal masks smirks a little ~Probably both~ and then she follows the rest of the group after having searched the bodies for anything useful.
You find no cyphers, one glow stick, one prod stick and 32 shins.
Feb 19, 2015 2:24 pm
The cloaked man removes himself from the wall by the beams and edges forward, stopping before the former prisoner. With his cloak drawn around him, he takes stock of Vult and then looks at him directly with a dark eye. "I am Khoren Apraxin. We expected heavy resistance in these tunnels, not allies. You are most welcome." Khoren will then take the rear and follow the others.

It seems that these mudmen aren't completely ruthless, if they took a prisoner. Or did they have some darker purpose. Khoren mumbles the phrase "darker purpose" a couple times softly to himself.
Feb 19, 2015 2:34 pm
Kaizival says:
"Hmph, sexy. I just don't like being able to read you is all." As Yui says this, she slowly (so as not to alarm him) reaches out and runs her hand along Vult's face, feeling the material and tracing it's shapes delicately. Who are you?She smiles after some consideration. "You'll do. We all wear masks in one way or another in this group anyway, it seems. I like you, I think." With that, Yui rises and follows Utazo and Darazen, gesturing to Vult and the others to follow.
Vult stands passively as Yui approaches, his eyes locked on her as she explores his face, and remains silent to her words beyond a polite, but incredulous, "Thanks?"

As she leaves to follow the others, Vult joins Tara in collecting the spoils before following the others, drawing his bow and knocking an arrow, ready for any other attackers they might stumble upon.

(OOC: was the in roll for Yui for something directed towards Vult?)
Feb 19, 2015 2:42 pm
Qralloq says:
The cloaked man removes himself from the wall by the beams and edges forward, stopping before the former prisoner. With his cloak drawn around him, he takes stock of Vult and then looks at him directly with a dark eye. "I am Khoren Apraxin. We expected heavy resistance in these tunnels, not allies. You are most welcome." Khoren will then take the rear and follow the others.

It seems that these mudmen aren't completely ruthless, if they took a prisoner. Or did they have some darker purpose. Khoren mumbles the phrase "darker purpose" a couple times softly to himself.
"Trust me, you're even more welcome." Vult answers, his tone gracious, as Khoren passes by to join the others.
Feb 19, 2015 7:17 pm
As they walk, Yui turns to Vult. "How did you get captured?" She draws her katana as they walk.
Feb 19, 2015 7:54 pm
"Long-story short? We were exploring ruins topside for Numenera to sell, and then we were ambushed. My associates were murdered, and I was captured, probably since I'm all shiny." Vult finishes with a grim sigh.
Feb 19, 2015 9:36 pm
Tara says "Yo! Khoren!" and as Khoren looks back tosses him the glow stick she just found. "Here, for you." she says with a smile. With that, she puts the prod stick on her belt and places the shins in a side pocket of her pack and follows along with the others, drawing her sword-staff.
load next

Thread locked